• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2007
    I'm looking for some advice on my team.
    This is my team so far:

Milotic
    Bold
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Ice Beam
    Surf/Hydro Pump (Was thinking hydro pump because of double battles, surf damages team mate)

Torterra
    Adamant
    Earthquake
    Leaf Storm/Wood Hammer
    Synthesis
    Crunch

Luxray
    Nature?
    Crunch
    Thunderbolt
    Charge
    Ice Fang
    <or>
    Jolteon
    Nature?
    Thunderbolt
    Endure
    Flail
    Thunder Wave

Arcanine
    Adamant
    Extremespeed
    Roar/Thunder Fang
    Flare Blitz
    Crunch

Togekiss
    Nature?
    Aura Sphere
    Ancient Power
    Thunder Wave/Shock Wave
    Roost

Dusknoir/Bronzong(what would good movesets be for them?)

Last edited:

DDBoahTar

DDBoahTar used win!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    I'd like a D/P Wi-Fi team. I don't want any legends on it. That's all. Thanks.

I'm looking for some advice on my team.
    This is my team so far:

Milotic
    Bold
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Ice Beam
    Surf/Hydro Pump (Was thinking hydro pump because of double battles, surf damages team mate)

Don't go with Hydro Pump. Surf is definitely the way to go. Do a spread, since it's a SleepTalk Milotic, of 212 HP, 176 Def, 120 Sp. Attack.

Torterra
    Adamant
    Earthquake
    Leaf Storm/Wood Hammer
    Synthesis
    Crunch

Don't go with Leaf Storm, it's Sp. Attack. Go with Wood Hammer. Not too familiar with Torterra MS and EV spreads though.

Luxray
    Nature?
    Crunch
    Thunderbolt
    Charge
    Ice Fang
    <or>
    Jolteon
    Nature?
    Thunderbolt
    Endure
    Flail
    Thunder Wave

Definitely Jolteon, but I think you can possibly remove T-wave since Togekiss already has it, I dunno. Ever consider Jolteon for an AgiliPasser?

Arcanine
    Adamant
    Extremespeed
    Roar/Thunder Fang
    Flare Blitz
    Crunch

Don't know much about Arcanine.

Togekiss
    Nature?
    Aura Sphere
    Ancient Power
    Thunder Wave/Shock Wave
    Roost

Togekiss is a Pokemon I'm working on myself, so it really depends. First off, remove Ancient Power and put Air Slash in it's place. Keep T-Wave, and get rid of Shock Wave. Togekiss has a variety of EV spreads, so it really depends. Wanna' be more on the defensive side, or the sweeping side?

This is about as much as I can do to help. There are people who can even do better than me on helping you out with the Pokemon I gave my opinion on.

Kratos184

pokémon heart gold is cool
    Years
  • My friends team

Ok, my friend is building a team for Diamond.

This are the pokémon

• Empoleon
    • Metagross
    • Alakazam
    • Luxray
    • Cacturne
    • Whiscash

Is this a good team? And some changes if the team ain't ok. And also could you request some good movesets and EV's?

Thx, Kratos.

EDIT: Could you guys also rate this team?

• Blastoise
    • Tangrowth
    • Charizard
    • Snorlax
    • Mismagius
    • Ninjask

Thx.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    Wasn't clear on whether only people on the list were allowed to give advice. If I can't, I'll delete my post. =D

Ok, my friend is building a team for Diamond.

This are the pokémon

• Empoleon
    • Metagross
    • Alakazam
    • Luxray
    • Cacturne
    • Whiscash

Is this a good team? And some changes if the team ain't ok. And also could you request some good movesets and EV's?

Thx, Kratos.

EDIT: Could you guys also rate this team?

• Blastoise
    • Tangrowth
    • Charizard
    • Snorlax
    • Mismagius
    • Ninjask

Thx.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Modest/Bold Nature
    EVs: 6 HP 252 SAtk 252 SDef
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Flash Cannon/Agility
    Grass Knot

Flash Cannon for STAB or Agility for sweeping.

Metagross @ Choice Band/Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 6 HP 252 Atk 252 Def/SDef
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Agility
    Thunderpunch

Some people go with Zen Headbutt for STAB, but Thunderpunch is more effective for Skarmories.

Alakazam @ Life Orb/Choice Specs/Expert Belt
    Modest Nature
    Synchronize(not Inner Focus)
    Evs: 6 SDef/Def 252 SAtk 252 Spd
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Calm Mind

Luxray @ Choice Scarf/Muscle Band/Leftovers
    Adamant/Jolly Nature
    Intimidate(not Rivalry)
    Evs: 6 HP 252 Atk 252 Spd
    Thunder Fang
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang/Crunch/Thunder Wave
    Fire Fang/Crunch/Thunder Wave

Fire Fang for Steel-types, Crunch for that extra power and chance of lowering Def, and Thunder Wave helps Luxray because of its low speed.

Cacturne @ Bright Powder/Muscle Band
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 6 HP/Spd, 252 HP/Spd, 252 Atk
    Seed Bomb/Needle Arm
    Sucker Punch
    Swords Dance/Teeter Dance
    Sandstorm

Well, I don't often see Bright Powder used in sets too often, but with Sand Veil and Bright Powder and luck by your side, you're bound to avoid an attack or two. You can use Needle Arm, but it'd be rare for Cacturne to go first often enough to get the flinching effect.

Whiscash @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    Anticipation(not Oblivious.. well, doesn't matter)
    EVs: 6 SDef, 252 HP, 252 Def
    Toxic
    Amnesia
    Rest
    Hydro Pump/Earthquake

Hydro Pump for Skarmory, Earthquake for Empoleon, you decide.

Okay, this is actually the first set I've made here. I've never 'netbattled' before, because I don't have WiFi, but I've battled a good variety around here enough that I'm not completely out of the loop. Actually, at a time I was asked often to build Ruby/Sapphire teams, but I stopped for a long time. Seeing the new battling changes in Diamond/Pearl inspired me to build teams again.

As for your team.. breaking it down. Blastioise - Tank/either Sweeper, Tangrowth - Physical Sweeper/Sponge, Charizard - DDancer or Physical Sweeper/Special Sweeper, Snorlax - Special Sponge/Physical Sweeper, Mismagius - Special Sweeper, Ninjask - BPer. Forgive me if these are not their correct roles, but I see that's it's an even mix of sweepers. Knowing Tangrowth/Snorlax, BPing some Speed over provides Ninjask with a vital role. Charizard and Blastoise are pretty independent, and compared to Misdreavus, Mismagius has a lot more survivability. I use one myself..

Mismagius @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    EVs: 6 SDef, 252 Def, 252 Spd
    Pain Split
    Ominous Wind
    Perish Song
    Mean Look

But you can definitely go the sweeper route..

Mismagius @ Wise Glasses
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 6 SDef, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball/Psychic
    Hidden Power Fire
    Destiny Bond

Like Gengar, she's a fast Destiny Bond. Energy/Psychic both affect types that Shadow Ball or Hidden Power cannot hit. As for the rest of your team, if you manage 1 Swords Dance and 1 Agility, Tangrowth will crush your opponent if it's not ready! I like your team because your team has a good ratio of independence/support.

What I find most interesting about Diamond/Pearl is that these roles are no longer independent, but rather have become intertwined so pkmn may have many roles. Anyway, I hope this helped! ^^ Happy battling!

Last edited:

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Just wanted to point out a few things in bold:

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Sp.Def, 6 SpAtk
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Stealth Rock
    Grass Knot

Flash Cannon for STAB or Agility for sweeping.

Flash Cannon gets STABed, but Steel isn't the best attacking move, and only works out with monster attack and high power (like Meteor Mash on Metagross), so I would bag that one. Empoleon works out best as a Special Wall, so Calm Nature is the way to go, and replace Flash Cannon with Stealth ROck and you have a rockin' good team supporter on your hand.

Metagross @ Choice Band/Leftovers
    Adamant Nature
    EVs: 152 HP, 252 Atk, 104 Speed
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake
    Agility
    Thunderpunch/Explosion

Some people go with Zen Headbutt for STAB, but Thunderpunch is more effective for Skarmories.

Good moveset (it's the one I use personally), but don't max out Defense (especiall since Metagross already has a huge base 130 Defense) or special Defense like that. With Metagross (and any physical sweeper), you want to focus on HP, Attack, and Speed. Even with Agility, which should be used near the end of a battle, you want Gross to outrun a number of Pokemon. Thunderpunch works great against bulky water types not named Swampert, but has some troubles with Skarmory: it's a physical attack, so while doing damage to Skarm, it won't do too much damage. And since he already has Luxray for a physical electric type, Explosion may serve more handy. With Gross' massive attack, it's virtually a guaranteed OHKO on anything and everything, possibly even Skarmory.

The most important thing to learn is that HP is usually more important than the Defenses.

Eevee4Ever

Star Gazer
    Years
  • I'm trying to build a team based completely on Normal-type Pokemon. It's not for competitive battling, but for something I'm doing on another site. I'm attempting to make a decently-rounded team, but it's not crucial that it's perfect.

I MUST have my Eevee and I'd like to keep the Rattata, but the rest are open. Any advice or editing any of you would like to make would be wonderful. :) I also need some help filling in the "???"s xD Here's what I have so far:

Eevee @ Leftovers
    Hasty Nature (Already has it- it's a shiny I want to use)
    Evs: 32 Def, 252 Sp Atk, 224 Spd
    Hidden Power
    Shadow Ball
    Baton Pass
    Iron Tail

Rattata @ Focus Sash
    Endeveor
    Quick Attack
    (Would like to use him, but feel free to replace if you'd like)

Blissey @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature w/Natural Cure
    Evs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp Def
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Aromatherapy
    Ice Beam

Slaking @ Choice Band
    Adament Nature
    Evs: ??
    Night Slash
    Giga Impact
    Earthquake
    ???

Swellow @ ???
    Adament Nature
    Evs: 252 Spd, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Steel Wing
    Aerial Ace
    Hidden Power
    ???

Porygon Z @ ???
    Timid Nature w/ Adaptability
    Evs: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    Nasty Plot
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Tri-Attack

Just typing this up I noticed how offense-based the team is... but so few normal types are defensive, so I suppose it works ^^;
    Thank you! :)

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2009
    I don't disagree with Empoleon's change, only on the fact that the team doesn't have a special wall(I half-gave that role to Whiscash), but the reason I gave Metagross such a big physical defense is because that team doesn't have a pkmn that can heavily take physical attacks.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi people. I am thinking of a new team, but i don't know what to have too be honest. I can't decide who to have in the team or what types, as in sweepers or anything like that.
    I was wondering would you be able to help me please.
    I would like to have a good mix of types, maybe a normal and a special sweep. I dunno, What ever you think is bedt to be honest.
    Could it include Probopass please, or if you don't think it is a good pokemon, could you do a set for it anyway please? I like that pokemon :P

Also, if it isn't to much trouble, could you do one for manaphy please? I have one and i would like to train it up! But i don't want to include it in the real team please, just one on the side! :D Thanks in advance people!

Oh, could it not have any ubers in it please. I hate them. Just manaphy, because i have it. Lol! Thanks again!

DemonPrince

Is teh 1337 Stalker! w00t!
    Years
    • DE
    • Seen Nov 4, 2007
    HOW DO YOU HATE UBERS?

Anyway, manaphy should have

- Surf
    - Tail Glow
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot

Probopass

- Rest
    - Iron Defense
    - Magnet Rise
    - Earth Power/Explosion

I'll include those pkmn

Other pkmn you should have

-Fire pkmn(probably Infernape)
    -Blissey (seismic toss is a must)
    -Garchomp (or Tyrannitar)
    -Any pkmn of your choice (maybe a ghost/dark)

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2008
    Hey, first of all i want my team to be competitive. Could you guys make a good OU team (with movesets plz) for me including none of the legendary pokémons?? (no birds, dogs, celebi or any others)
    I usually play 1vs1 but if you could gimme an alternative for 2vs2 i would also appreciate.
    Some pokemons i do like are metagross and salamence (not sure if they can play in same team, as im totally clueless what are good pokémons to play with). Maybe including a baton passer?

thanks for anyone who helps me :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2007
    Team

Hey, First of all just to throw this out there i haven't done much fighting through Wi-fi and have only done wireless battles with my friends ( Mainly using legendaries ) I want to get out and start doing some competitive battles but i do not know what kind of team set to use. I don't want to use any legendaries for Wi-Fi and can't seem to get a good team every time i have tried has gotten me eaten alive. Any Movesets or EV's with the line up would help ALOT. Thanks for help in advance.

Last edited:

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    Hey I really need a good team for an upcomming competition

Ill give you the movesets and stats of my pokemon I had in mind I would really appreciate some advice
    in stratergies and better movesets

Ok so I have
    Roserade lvl 42
    Lonely nature
    - Magical leaf
    - Giga drain
    - Toixic spikes
    - Stun spore

Atk 81
    def 53
    sp.atk 118
    sp.def 96
    Spd 94

Floatzel
    lvl 41
    Calm nature
    - Growl <<< :S
    - Crunch
    - surf
    - brine

atk 91
    Def 64
    Sp.ATk 77
    Sp.def 61
    Speed 107

Infernape
    Bashful
    lvl 43
    - Grass knot
    - Flame Wheel
    - Close combat
    - Flamethrower

atk 107
    def 77
    sp.atk 112
    sp.def 77
    speed 107

Staraptor lvl 4
    nature naughty
    - Return
    - Close combat
    - Aerial ace
    - fly
    atk 125
    def 76
    sp.atk 54
    sp.def 43
    Speed 102

Luxio lvl 41 im waiting for discharge at lvl 48
    Nature bashful
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shock wave
    - Thunder fang
    - Crunch

atk 80
    def 50
    sp.atk 61
    sp.def 51
    speed 64

and no 6th pokemon yet

Hyunbin

w00t!~
    Years
  • hey i'm having trouble making a team up myself
    because most of the pokemon i want are cute but crappy
    can anyone suggest some pokemon that can go in a team with shuckle, metagross, tyranitar and flygon?
    i'm centering it around sandstorm (tyranitar's sand stream ability)
    please no legendaries or pokemon that can't be caught in diamond
    thanks =)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2007
    Well, I wanted to make a team based around Sandstorm, so here goes.... I don't know how to do EVs either... Also I suck at picking items.

Gliscor@????
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Baton Pass
    Sword Dance
    Earthquake
    X-Scissor/Poison Jab/????

I want to use Gliscor as a Baton Passer because he has good defense so he can take a couple of hits before I pass him out.

Tyranitar@????
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Earthquake/Ice Beam
    Crunch/Thunder Bolt
    Stone Edge/Dark Pulse
    Focus Punch/Surf/Flamethrower

I'm not sure if I want T-Tar to be a special or physical sweeper, but he is the catalyst for the whole team, his ability starts the sand storm...

Rhyperior@????
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Earthquake/Megahorn/Avalanche
    Stone Edge/Megahorn/Avalanche
    Sand Storm
    Substitute/Megahorn/Avalanche

Rhyperior is a kind of wall because of his ability and sand storm raises his special defense.

Garchomp@????
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Earthquake
    Outrage/Dragon Claw
    Fire Fang
    Stone Edge/Crunch

Garchomp is a physical sweeper and he fits perfectly into the theme of the team.

Now, I want to use Cradily for a special wall, but I don't know a good moveset...

Now for the last pokemon I can't decide between Cacturne, Lucario, Empoleon, Skarmory, or something completely different. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back