• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zurich

Optimus Prime
    Years
    Mesprit@ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 68 Def / 92 SpA / 96 SpD
    Thunder bolt
    Ice beam
    Psychic
    T-Wave/U-turn

Its a great gyarados and infernape counter.

Detox

Um....i Already have a counter for both of those....i was thinging somethig that could kill umbreon,since my team seems somewhat weak to him....

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Request an Individual Move Set Thread @ Scope Lens

Brave Nature
    Sweeper Position​

252 Special Attack, 252 Defense 250 Speed
    • Ice Punch / Fire Punch​
    • Facade​
    • Substitute​
    • Brick Break​
    I need someone to test this out for me. It seems pretty good and it can take a hit from alot of the 1HKO Pokemon with Substitute, while it can abuse it's STAB Brick Break. It can get rid of Tyranitar with Ice Punch along with nasty Dragon or Flying Pokemon. Fire Punch is for those pesky Grass Pokemon that always put you to sleep. You can also use Facade for a good hit when you have a condition, along with a chance to critical hit it because of Scope Lens.​

Nonononono. ;; That set makes me cry my friend. Scope Lens? Special Attack EVs? Ice Punch killing Tyranitar? All wrong my friend.

If you're going to go Substitute, Focus Punch can go over Brick Break. If you don't want Focus Punch, Close Combat is far superior. And Hariyama is too slow to be a Sweeper. At most, it's a tank. If you want something that can do damage, try CByama

Hariyama
    Item: Choice Band
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 6 SDef
    Guts / Thick Fat

Close Combat / Focus Punch
    Ice Punch
    Payback
    Stone Edge

Years
    Just as a side note, Close Combat sucks on Hariyama without running Trick Room. It takes away the Bulk, which is the only reason Harry is viable.

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
    I like making weird sets. (:

Gallade @ Choice Band
    Lonely/Naughty
    252 Atk/8 SpAtk/248 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Psycho Cut
    - Ice Punch/Night Slash
    - Thunder

Lols, I bet you're lolling right now too. With those EVs and a neutral nature, Thunder 2HKO Skarmory all of the time with 252 HP and no SpDef investment. Skarmory would normally come in on something like this. 184 SpAtk EVs lets you use Thunderbolt over Thunder if the accuracy puts you off. Obviously I tried to keep the number of EVs needed as low as possible, so I picked Thunder because only 8 is needed. Lonely or Naughty is needed because a neutral nature toward SpAtk is needed to keep the amount of necessary EVs low. You can put more in from speed if you want to be able to kill Skarmory when it has SpDef EVs.

So basically, this Gallade can still kill a lot of stuff, including a prime counter, and doesn't lose much speed.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I like making weird sets. (:

Gallade @ Choice Band
    Lonely/Naughty
    252 Atk/8 SpAtk/248 Spd
    - Close Combat
    - Psycho Cut
    - Ice Punch/Night Slash
    - Thunder

Lols, I bet you're lolling right now too. With those EVs and a neutral nature, Thunder 2HKO Skarmory all of the time with 252 HP and no SpDef investment. Skarmory would normally come in on something like this. 184 SpAtk EVs lets you use Thunderbolt over Thunder if the accuracy puts you off. Obviously I tried to keep the number of EVs needed as low as possible, so I picked Thunder because only 8 is needed. Lonely or Naughty is needed because a neutral nature toward SpAtk is needed to keep the amount of necessary EVs low. You can put more in from speed if you want to be able to kill Skarmory when it has SpDef EVs.

So basically, this Gallade can still kill a lot of stuff, including a prime counter, and doesn't lose much speed.

But why you use Thunder when a CB Close Combat 2hko's max hp / max def Impish Skarmory anyway o.0. (Who is no where NEAR a counter to Gallade lol)

The only counter CB Gallade has pretty much with a standard set of CC/Psycho Cut/Night Slash/Ice Punch is Spiritomb and the only time you can beat that is with X-Scissor >> Night Slash and even then only 2hko's 252 HP / 108 DEF Neutral Tomb (aka "Obi Tomb") with SR up.

Mesprit@ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP / 68 Def / 92 SpA / 96 SpD
    Thunder bolt
    Ice beam
    Psychic
    T-Wave/U-turn

Its a great gyarados and infernape counter.

I prefer moving the sp.att evs into def since they are only there to OHKO chomp who is now uber.

I like Reflect >> Psychic since it has no business countering Mixape as it gets OHKO'd by a Nasty Plot Lo Fire Blast/Flamethrower with SR up lol. So just stick to countering physical Dragons and Gyarados.

Stealth Rock is nice on there too.

Um....i Already have a counter for both of those....i was thinging somethig that could kill umbreon,since my team seems somewhat weak to him....

Fighting or Bug pokemon @

lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    Heracross@Choice Band/Scarf
    Jolly | Guts
    252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
    - Megahorn
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Night Slash/Pursuit

For that request to beat Umbreon; Toxic activates Guts.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Any STAB'd physical fighting move is going to take down Umbreon. I seriously thought about using one but then realized how easy they are to OHKO =/

Heracross = perfect counter.

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
    Any STAB'd physical fighting move is going to take down Umbreon. I seriously thought about using one but then realized how easy they are to OHKO =/
    Physical Lucario also seems like a good one, as it is immune to Toxic and is 4x resistant to Dark. It could even use Umbreon as set-up fodder if you play it right.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Honestly, Gallade rips through Skarmory easily. With a Lonely nature, and max attack, your Gallade does 53.29%-63.17% to even a Max/Max Skarmory. Gallade's Thunder, however, coming off that set, does only 49.10%-58.08%

Detox

Heracross = perfect counter.

Ive decided to use hitmonlee since i really dont feel like searching sweet honey trees for a heracross.....

Uhhh.I need a bulky attacker....preferably water type and not gyarados....

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Hitmonlee is not a good Poke to use in OU. At all. It is COMPLETELY outclassed by Heracross.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back