• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'll need some help on my Machamp here. Constructed criticism please, if you do.

Machamp @ ___ (?Need help here?)
    Nature: Adamant (Adamant can work fine, but anything better?)
    - Cross Chop
    - Rock Slide
    - Flamethrower / Fire Blast
    - ___ (Need help here)

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I'll need some help on my Machamp here. Constructed criticism please, if you do.

- Cross Chop
    - Rock Slide
    - ___ (Need help here)

Thanks in advance.

Adamant is fine. Flamethrower and fire blast is not needed. Fighting, ice basically make up for the things that fire would hit. Steels will still get hit hard to machamp with physical fighting type moves. Any idea which ability you will be using? What you have so far I guess you want versitility and power.

Machamp @ Leftovers
    No Guard
    Nature: Adamant
    - Dynamic Punch
    - Ice Punch/Stone Edge
    - Payback/ Thunder Punch
    - Bulk Up

EV spread I am unsure about. Max Atk for sure. With this you can pretty much hit anything and confuse it which can give you a free turn to bulk up if they switch or 50% chance they hit themselves. Choose the moves you think you need for type coverage on your team.

For a Guts moveset you could try this.

Machamp @ Choice Band
    Guts; Adamant
    - Close Combat
    - Ice Punch
    - Payback
    - Thunderpunch

Again unsure of EVs. Max atk. These moves give good type coverage and will hit 100% of the time. Ill after effects of Close Combat is negated by switching.

Years
    Ok, well Guts is probably not worth the hassle, as No Guard Dynamic Punch is so much better.
    I have actually considered running a Restalk Set with Revenge/Payback, as it's rather slow.

Regardless, the most effective Spread for the No Guard set is just 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd, although the Anti-Lead set often runs 252 HP/160 Atk/96 SDef for taking a Psychic from Azelf, however, you could potentially lose a bit, as that is for Modest Azelfs.(Azelves?)

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    You guys have any ideas on an Anti-Lead? I've been loosing a lot lately, and I've been playing really great in the beginning but I think it's my team (that i focused to much on countering scizor/skymin) so you guys think you can help me out? Thanks.

Ayouki Emerald

Leavin'
    Years
    My Drifblim would like some assistance in terms of...

~EV Spread
    ~Item / nature suggestion
    ~Moves to go WITH Body Slam & Hypnosis
    ------------------------------------------------
    Drifblim @ Calm
    Aftermath
    EV: none as yet
    ~hypnosis
    ~Body Slam (GBA tutored a male Gengar)
    ~Will-o-wisp
    ~Stockpile

~H.o.t Dawn~

I don't do that standard set. I'd rather work with these:
    Drifblim(Passer & Annoyer)
    Calm
    Substitute
    Baton Pass
    Hypnosis
    T-bolt/SHadow Ball

Calm Mind is a possibility, but with an offensive move, Taunt won't shut you down. Unburden is a good ability, and he can use a pinch berry to get an extra boost to pass, but Leftovers words equally well and you don't have to worry about recovery from Substitutes.

- Cross Chop
    - Rock Slide
    - ___ (Need help here)

Thanks in advance.

Machamp@choice band/scarf
    adamant/jolly
    no guard
    252 attack/252 speed

dynamic punch
    ice punch
    thunder punch
    stone edge/rock slide

If you pick band run Adamant and stone edge
    If you pick scarf run Jolly and rock slide

Regardless, the most effective Spread for the No Guard set is just 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd, although the Anti-Lead set often runs 252 HP/160 Atk/96 SDef for taking a Psychic from Azelf, however, you could potentially lose a bit, as that is for Modest Azelfs.(Azelves?)
    Definitely No guard. No Guard combos better with Dynamicpunch.

Years
    You guys have any ideas on an Anti-Lead? I've been loosing a lot lately, and I've been playing really great in the beginning but I think it's my team (that i focused to much on countering scizor/skymin) so you guys think you can help me out? Thanks.
    Well there are a lot of options, so you really have to consider what your team will allow. Given what you've told me, I am assuming you have problems with Infernape among other things. If you are having problems with leads that set up, then I suggest a fast Taunter (Aerodactyl or Azelf). If Azelf/Aero are giving you trouble then run a Fake Out lead, such as Infernape to break the Sash or just run with a fast TrickScarfer. We really need to get an Idea of your team before we can help you.
    You should post an RMT or check Tortured_Soul's Leading guide, keeping in mind that it is a few months old.

Actually, I might consider adding updates to those guides. Considering all the Platinum changes...

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Well there are a lot of options, so you really have to consider what your team will allow. Given what you've told me, I am assuming you have problems with Infernape among other things. If you are having problems with leads that set up, then I suggest a fast Taunter (Aerodactyl or Azelf). If Azelf/Aero are giving you trouble then run a Fake Out lead, such as Infernape to break the Sash or just run with a fast TrickScarfer. We really need to get an Idea of your team before we can help you.
    You should post an RMT or check Tortured_Soul's Leading guide, keeping in mind that it is a few months old.

Actually, I might consider adding updates to those guides. Considering all the Platinum changes...

Heh, It's weird. I don't loose to things setting up, it's usually that I get like 2-3 KOs off the bat in the battle (this has happened about 3 times) And I usually screw up somehow and my opponent wins. I was using LumGross, Bliss, Zapdos, SpecsMence,OrBDugtrio, and hariyama. I'm guessing that when I try to predict with specsmence it usually screws me over cause I have to switch out, so I'm probably not going to use it anymore.

But thanks for the guide, I might consider Hera as a lead to take out T-Tar, Salamence, Gengar, Azelf, and Gyarados, but doesn't really do much to Bronzong, ScarfRade, and Hippodown/Crobat/Ninjask.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Heh, It's weird. I don't loose to things setting up, it's usually that I get like 2-3 KOs off the bat in the battle (this has happened about 3 times) And I usually **** up somehow and my opponent wins. I was using LumGross, Bliss, Zapdos, SpecsMence,OrBDugtrio, and hariyama. I'm guessing that when I try to predict with specsmence it usually ****s me over cause I have to switch out, so I'm probably not going to use it anymore.

But thanks for the guide, I might consider Hera as a lead to take out T-Tar, Salamence, Gengar, Azelf, and Gyarados, but doesn't really do much to Bronzong, ScarfRade, and Hippodown/Crobat/Ninjask.

Well first off dont bypass the censor.

Anyway, Lum gross is a really cool lead, but yeah t_'s guide (which needs revamping) will help, i also have a useful link, but its to the forums part of smogon and we arnt allowed to link to other forums sadly, however ill pm it you if you wish.

I also dont get why everyone is like "LULZ NO GARD IZ BEST ON MACHUMP", no this is really not true, at least with guts you can switch into status and effectively get a free choice band or a free swords dance boost if you already have a choice band. No guard is only really useful on the rest talker so you can try to hax yourself out of becoming set up fodder, on the choice bander no guard is complete trash as it hampers your chances to switch into status as said. (you loose to dusknoir, how embarrasing is that lol?)

Rest talker : -108 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Speed please@Impish, the max hp/max att adamant versions loose to cb tar which is hilarious. Cross Chop or D-Punch/Ice Punch or Stone Edge/Rest/STalk (choose ability accordingly)

CBer : - 128 hp / 252 att / 128 speed @admant outruns min speed skarmory. Close Combat/T-Punch/Ice Punch/Payback @ guts (switch to jolly max speed max att with scarf)

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
    Years
    Hehe, I've been toying around with an Anti-Lead Raichu that I came up with, and it owns in UU. Heck, it even did really well in OU and helped me score some crucial kills.

Raichu @ Leftovers
    Timid nature
    4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    - Fake Out
    - Encore
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunderwave

Hidden Power: Ice is viable on this set somewhere, giving the classic "BoltBeam" combo that everyone loves. I'd just suggest playing around with Pokemon that get Fake Out to nullify Focus Sash, and then see what other moves they have to cripple other common leads/switch-ins. That's how I came up with this Raichu. I <3 Thunderwave and Encore on here. :3

Other good anti-leads include Weavile and Infernape.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years

- Cross Chop
    - Rock Slide
    - ___ (Need help here)

Thanks in advance.
    First off, NEVER, and I mean NEVER use a Special attack on Machamp. His SPATK is too low, and it especially looks bad in comparison to his base 130 ATK.

Stone edge works great on him, and Rock Slide's just not strong enough. You could try this out:

Machamp @ Choice Band
    Adamant
    128 HP/252 ATK/128 SPD
    Guts
    Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Payback

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
    I need help with moveset and item to put in my :

Mamoswine @ _______ (help here!)
    Adamant
    252 attack 252 HP 8 defense
    -Stone Edge
    -Giga Impact
    -Earthquake
    -Avalanche

Plz help me ;p

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
    I need help with moveset and item to put in my :

Mamoswine @ _______ (help here!)
    Adamant
    252 attack 252 HP 8 defense
    -Stone Edge
    -Giga Impact
    -Earthquake
    -Avalanche

Plz help me ;p
    First... Never use Giga Impact. It's a horrible move, and it would take forever to list all the reasons why.
    Anyways... Run 192 SPD to outrun Jolly Tyranitar. 252 ATK is a must. Replace Avalanche with Ice Shard, because you don't want Mamo to move last. Use a Choice Band, and his attacks will hurt like hell. Not to mention, with Ice Shard he can completely screw over Salamence and Skymin.

Giga Impact can be replaced with Superpower (assuming you have Platinum). If not, there are other options.

https://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/mamoswine

Look here for other sets if you want something other than the Choice Bander.

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Hehe, I've been toying around with an Anti-Lead Raichu that I came up with, and it owns in UU. Heck, it even did really well in OU and helped me score some crucial kills.

Raichu @ Leftovers
    Timid nature
    4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    - Fake Out
    - Encore
    - Thunderbolt
    - Thunderwave

Hidden Power: Ice is viable on this set somewhere, giving the classic "BoltBeam" combo that everyone loves. I'd just suggest playing around with Pokemon that get Fake Out to nullify Focus Sash, and then see what other moves they have to cripple other common leads/switch-ins. That's how I came up with this Raichu. I <3 Thunderwave and Encore on here. :3

Other good anti-leads include Weavile and Infernape.

Infernape? Sounds fun. Set pl0x?

Well first off dont bypass the censor.

Anyway, Lum gross is a really cool lead, but yeah t_'s guide (which needs revamping) will help, i also have a useful link, but its to the forums part of smogon and we arnt allowed to link to other forums sadly, however ill pm it you if you wish.

I also dont get why everyone is like "LULZ NO GARD IZ BEST ON MACHUMP", no this is really not true, at least with guts you can switch into status and effectively get a free choice band or a free swords dance boost if you already have a choice band. No guard is only really useful on the rest talker so you can try to hax yourself out of becoming set up fodder, on the choice bander no guard is complete trash as it hampers your chances to switch into status as said. (you loose to dusknoir, how embarrasing is that lol?)

Rest talker : -108 HP / 144 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Speed please@Impish, the max hp/max att adamant versions loose to cb tar which is hilarious. Cross Chop or D-Punch/Ice Punch or Stone Edge/Rest/STalk (choose ability accordingly)

CBer : - 128 hp / 252 att / 128 speed @admant outruns min speed skarmory. Close Combat/T-Punch/Ice Punch/Payback @ guts (switch to jolly max speed max att with scarf)

Yeah sorry about that, I'm used to other forums and I didn't realize this had a censor. hah.

And I would deeply appreciate if you would PM me the Smogon link, thanks.

Detox

Well being bored to death in my language class in school today, i thought of this

Feraligatr @ life orb
    Jolly
    252 Atk, 252 Def, 6 Speed

Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Waterfall
    Ice Punch

Would this work?

Detox

yeeaaah,but me no likey Gyarados. it its too OU.

btw

Staraptor @ life orb
    Adamant
    252 atk, 252 speed 6 sp. def

Close Combat
    Brave Bird
    U-Turn
    Featherdance

rate this please.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    yeeaaah,but me no likey Gyarados. it its too OU.

btw

Staraptor @ life orb
    Adamant
    252 atk, 252 speed 6 sp. def

Close Combat
    Brave Bird
    U-Turn
    Featherdance

rate this please.

1/10 Featherdance sucks and it wont live long enough to use it lol =p

Use Return so you can hit Zapdos etc and have a good secondary STAB move. Choice Band can be considered too.

ALSO if your using Feraligatr >> Gyarados try to differentiate it from said Gyara, that being sets like SD/Sub/Flail/waterfall@ salac berry.Otherwise your just using a suckier Gyarados.

EDIT :

Infernape? Sounds fun. Set pl0x?

And I would deeply appreciate if you would PM me the Smogon link, thanks.

Sure ill pm you now.

As for lead ape : -

Infernape@Focus Sash
    48 Atk / 252 SpA / 208 Speed
    Naive Nature
    - Encore / Close Combat
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Fake Out

Taunt can be used in the first slot too, but Encore is usually the better option.

EDIT 2 : Gah i dont seem to be able to find said link. I had it stored but i cant find where T_T. Ill keep looking though..

Last edited:

Detox

Well since my staraptor hates me ill go with frustration instead of return....

last poke that needs rating for now

Luvdisc (nn lolwut?) @ focus sash
    Timid
    255 speed 255 sp. atk (as if it even could hurt anything...)

Rain Dance
    Toxic
    Ice beam
    Surf

Main priority is to set up rain dance,get a swift swim speed boost,let the opponet hit me, leave me at one hp, entoxicate them,and basically die. then i can bring in perhaps ,a nice little Gyarados/Milotic/Fearaligatr/or Swampert and wreak havoc on their team.

F-F-Franklin

Metagross > Metagame
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    1/10 Featherdance sucks and it wont live long enough to use it lol =p

Use Return so you can hit Zapdos etc and have a good secondary STAB move. Choice Band can be considered too.

ALSO if your using Feraligatr >> Gyarados try to differentiate it from said Gyara, that being sets like SD/Sub/Flail/waterfall@ salac berry.Otherwise your just using a suckier Gyarados.

EDIT :

Sure ill pm you now.

As for lead ape : -

Infernape@Focus Sash
    48 Atk / 252 SpA / 208 Speed
    Naive Nature
    - Encore / Close Combat
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Fake Out

Taunt can be used in the first slot too, but Encore is usually the better option.

EDIT 2 : Gah i dont seem to be able to find said link. I had it stored but i cant find where T_T. Ill keep looking though..
    hah, it's alright man. Thanks for the lead set.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I need to get a defensively supportive umbreon, yet, I can not decide which supportive moves to choose between.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
    Careful; 252 Hp, 252 Def
    Baton Pass
    Wish
    Mean Look/ Protect/ Taunt/ Toxic/ Substitute/ Confuse Ray/ Yawn
    Mean Look/ Protect/ Taunt/ Toxic/ Substitute/ Confuse Ray/ Yawn

The main idea is umbreon would come in on something take hits and set up so that my next pokemon can come in freely and set up itself thus why no Spe EVs. Although I do not know which is best in most situations to either force a switch or trap.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back