• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    With the advent of platinum there is no set type of attack you'll run into commonly.

For instance I might run into a Tbolting Azelf or a Tpunching Azelf.

And focus punch is NOT good for most rocks, as their defenses can take the hit with ease: IE: Regirock.

It's not what you have to sweep with so much as what you can take a hit from. That doesn't mean make a team of nothing but walls but mix it up a little or your in for trouble.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I am about to raise a Gastrodon and a Special Sweeper. It is going to be Gastrodon becasue it fits my team. Here is the moveset in mind.

Water Pulse
    Earth Power
    AncientPower
    Revover

Does this look good?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Is there any set for a Calm Giratina? Its estimated IVs were 24 / 24 / 30 / 22 / 31 / 23 or should I keep SRing? -_-

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Giratina has more weaknesses on the special side (well, moves that it's weak to on the special side), so using Calm isn't the greatest idea. It prefers a physically defensive nature like Bold or Impish a lot more.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • No... Why in the world would you use Water Pulse when you have access to the much more powerful Surf (which at 95 BP is still stronger than STAB Water Pulse)? AncientPower? No... just no. At least give it HP Electric to deal with Gyarados (which still hurts Gastro a lot anyway).

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Does the move "Roost" bring in weaknesses, as well as losing flying type weaknesses?

(Eg: Togekiss [Normal/Flying] uses Roost. It heals and also eliminates it's flying weaknesses. Being part normal type, does it also gain weakness to fighting?)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Does the move "Roost" bring in weaknesses, as well as losing flying type weaknesses?

(Eg: Togekiss [Normal/Flying] uses Roost. It heals and also eliminates it's flying weaknesses. Being part normal type, does it also gain weakness to fighting?)

Yes but only for the turn you use it and only if your opponent is slower than you and you Roost on the same turn they attacks you.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I need help with a move set for a Roserade. I want one for my team as a lead, but I'm not entirely sure on a move set and EV spread and nature. I'm thinking of using the following as my move set.

- Toxic Spikes [ Basic start off move for a lead ]
    - Giga Drain [ Only form of healing, but good STAB move]
    - Sludge Bomb / HP Fire [ Another great STAB move, but more for those pokemon that resist Giga Drain ]
    - Extrasensory [ I thought of this, and with Roserade's great Special Attack, it's a good move. It's also able to take care of other common leads such as Infernape]

Roserade will also be holding Black Sludge, since it does the same thing as Leftovers, except it also takes care of those pesky trick pokemon.

I'm really unsure of an EV spread, or Nature to use, so any help would be excellent.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I need a sixth Pokemon for my team on Platinum:

-Empoleon
    -Buneary
    -Leafeon
    -Gardevoir
    -Altaria
    -OPEN SPOT

I was thinking maybe Weavile, but i'm honestly not sure.
    Just please do not suggest any fire types. I hate fire types.

it's not ingame though, actually.

I take it that you are going to evolve Buneary into a Lopunny? (please say yes) I can see Infernape running though this team quite easily. If you could get your hands on a Timid Suicune, add that to your team. Otherwise, go with a Slowbro. Slowbro can utilize Calm Mind very well with its already good Defense, which means Slowbro becomes a good mixed Wall. If you go with Slowbro, go Calm Mind/Surf/Hidden Power Electric/Slack Off. Hidden Power Electric may be hard to get, so do your best to get one with the correct IVs for that Hidden Power as well as getting a Slowbro with a Bold or Calm Nature. (preferably Bold)

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2009
    I've been looking into competitive play for the past week or so, while I wait for my Platinum to ship (make it get here faster :(). I want a team that can hold its own, of course, but I also...you know, wanna use some of my favorite Pokemon >_> I'm quickly coming to realize that tends to be a bad idea. Sigh. At any rate, I don't wanna make a separate rate-my-team thread, but I do want some opinions.

Adamant Metagross w/Occa Berry
    252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
    -Stealth Rock
    -Meteor Mash
    -Explosion
    -Earthquake

Togekiss -- I'm still not quite sure what to do with this. It seems like it'd make an excellent sweeper, and an equally excellent pain in the ass with flinch-attacks.

Impish Torterra w/Leftovers
    212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
    - Wood Hammer
    - Stone Edge
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect

Adamant Arcanine w/Choice Band
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Flare Blitz
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Thunder Fang
    - Overheat

Milotic -- Much like Togekiss, I'm not sure what to do with this one. It has excellent defensive and support capabilities, but I feel like my team needs more special-attackers...particularly, ones with Ice or Dragon-type attacks, that this baby could use.

Lonely/naughty Lucario w/Life Orb
    184 Atk / 128 SpA / 196 Spe
    - Agility
    - Close Combat
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power Ice

I sorta feel this guy picks up where the rest of my team feels like its lacking. Great mix of physical and offensive attacks that cover some weaknesses the rest of my team wouldn't, but it all depends on Togekiss and Milotic, or their replacements.

Do I have the right idea? Is all-offense really a better idea, or is a more strategic good offense/good defense actually viable? I know Arcanine and Milotic, and probably Torterra, are probably my flawed choices. I'm open to suggestions, though I'd like to keep them if possible x)

(I'd post pictures too but it won't let me post URLs yet -_-)

Whaaaat, is the team so terrible no one knows what to say? >_> C'mon, I just got my Platinum today ;)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2009
    Okay so I have this figured out so far

Ninjask
    Relaxed
    Focus Sash
    Speed Boost
    Swords Dance
    Baton Pass
    Arial Ace
    X-sciscor

Tryranitar
    Brave
    Salec Berry (the one that ups attack when health is low)
    Sand Stream
    Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Taunt
    Earthquake

Mr. Mime
    Relaxed
    Filter
    Focus Sash
    Barrier (or light screen)
    Calm Mind
    Thunder Bolt
    baton pass

Alakazam
    Quiet
    Synchronize
    ? (must coincide with trick I guess)
    Trick (some one suggested, but I dont know how to use to my advantage)
    Focus Blast
    Recover
    Psychic

Salamance (oddity here is that his stats actually gave him higher special attack than physical)
    Sassy
    Intimidate
    ?
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Pulse
    ??
    ??

Dragonite
    Naughty
    Inner Focus
    ?
    Thunder Punch (maybe Focus punch
    Roost (maybe Substitute)
    Outrage
    Dragon Dance

Biggest issue is salamance, what the hell should I do, just screw him and use something else?

Years
  • Who can help me make a team? I really suck at making teams

These are the pokemon you can chose from:

• Aerodactyl
    • Ambipom
    • Bronzong
    • Gengar
    • Gyarados
    • Heatran
    • Jumpluff
    • Latias
    • Magnezone
    • Metagross
    • Registeel
    • Relicanth
    • Rotom
    • Scizor
    • Tyranitar

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    You can't really throw together 10-15 Pokemon and say pick them =/. Everyone sucks at making teams at the start ^__^

But just to get you started, Aero makes a fantastic lead.

Aerodactyl@ Focus Sash
    Nature : Jolly
    EV : 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Taunt
    -Stealth Rock

Gets the rocks up and stops other doing so while his attacks provide good coverage on most leads :)

One of the best OU revenge-killer is ScarfTran.

Heatran@ Choice Scarf
    Nature : Naive/Rash
    EV : 4HP/252SpAtk/252 Spe
    -Fire Blast
    -HP Ice
    -Explosion
    -Earth Power

Excellent revenge killer to threats and Explosion is when you need to blow up. Rash and Naive is power or speed. Your choice :)

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
  • I'm raising a Gliscor, but I'm not entirely sure about which EV spread to use.

Nature: Impish

Moves: Earthquake
    Roost
    Ice Fang
    Stealth Rock

There are two spreads I'm considering:

252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe
    or
    252 HP/252 Def/ 4 Spe

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    Should I get a Brave or Mild Giratina?

I cannot decide what nature I should SR for...

Zuckerspatz

Gotta Help 'Em All!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Soft Reseting is the act of reseting the game until you capture a Pokemon (generally Legendary) of the nature you prefer.
    Brave = +Atk, - Spd
    Mild = +Sp. Atk, - Def
    I'd personally go for Mild, as Giratina typically uses Sp. Atk moves (I think), and Speed is also important to Giratina.
    So I'd go for Mild, but that's just me.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    It depends on which form you want the Giratina to be. For the offensive version (Origin) Modest for most sets (Sub Calm Mind and stuff), Adamant for physical sets, Lonely/Naughty for mixed. For defensive (D/P one) go Impish/Bold (Impish for Dragon Claw, Bold for Dragon Pulse). I suggest either one, since they both are great, but imo I like the defensive form. You can pm me if you want to know all the movesets for him so you can choose.

Edit: If you are choosing between Mild and Brave, go Mild, since Brave hinders his Speed. D= And, if this isn't for competitive battling, then ignore my post. ;)

Edit 2: I wouldn't do either Brave nor Quiet since they both lower Speed, which is essentially what he needs to sweep, but if you have too, Quiet.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back