• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • Is this a viable option for a Zpdos set:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Roost
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Or might there be a better tank-like set to use?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Is this a viable option for a Zpdos set:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Roost
    - Thunderbolt / Discharge
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]

Or might there be a better tank-like set to use?

That's perfectly viable, HP Ice works as well. You might want to add a few speed EVs to outpace max speed T-Tar.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Sunny Team.

I've been training up some guys to make me a sunny team. still thinking on who to get for my final two though.

Groudon@ Leftovers/choice band
    Adamant
    EVs 252 ATK, 216 HP, 32 DEF, 8 SPE
    Moves
    Earthquake
    Fire Punch
    stone edge
    Swords dance/ Dragon claw

Earthquake is it's main move. Fire punch gets a boost from drought and takes care of Grass and ice types. Stone edge also get's ice as well as a high crit rate. Swords dance for more power. Dragon claw will go on the CB set for the dragons.

Ho Oh @ Life Orb/ Lefties
    Lonely
    Evs 188 HP, 252 ATK, 44 SP ATK, 24 SPE
    Moves
    Sacred Fire
    Earthquake
    roost
    thunder

Sacred Fire for some STAB. Earthquake for the electric, rock, fire, steel, and poisons. Roost to recover Life orb damage and to weaken down rock moves. Need to replace thunder with something else.

Victrebel @ Wise glasses
    mild
    Evs 120 HP, 252 SP atk, 136 SPE
    moves
    solarbeam
    sludge bomb
    sleep powder
    wring out

Solarbeam takes one turn thanks to drought and gets STAB. Sludge Bomb also gets STAB and can take out the pure grass types. Sleep powder to tick People off like crazy. THinking of taking Wring out out for sure maybe for Sunny Day just in case a Kyorge or T-tar comes in.

Heatran @ ??
    naive
    not sure on his EVS got it in trade.
    Moves
    Flamethrower
    Dragon pulse
    earthpower
    explosion

Flamethrower for stab. Dragon Pulse for Dragons. Earth Power for other fire types. Explosion for Special Walls like Bliss.

I'm needing some help on my last two could ya guys give me some tips on some useful ones? I was thinking of geting someone for SRing.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Since this is an incomplete team, it would be better suited in this thread.

~Merges~

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Is there a tier ranking for double battles or does it just go off of Uber, OU, UU, etc?

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Ah. That's what I figured. Thanks. :)

Also, may be a little off-topic, but is there a thread here that has strategies for double battles or if anyone knows of any?

Lightning Storm

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    Is this a viable lead for an OU team?

Hariyama @ Macho Brace
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Brave
    EVs 252 HP/252 ATK/4 Def
    IVs: 0 speed
    Moves
    Fake Out
    Belly Drum
    Bullet Punch
    Vacuum Wave

Basically, I just Fake Out to break the opponent's focus sash if he has one, then Belly Drum, hope that I don't take more than 50% damage from the opponent, and then sweep with Bullet Punch/Vacuum Wave.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Is this a viable lead for an OU team?

Hariyama @ Macho Brace
    Ability: Guts
    Nature: Brave
    EVs 252 HP/252 ATK/4 Def
    IVs: 0 speed
    Moves
    Fake Out
    Belly Drum
    Bullet Punch
    Vacuum Wave

Basically, I just Fake Out to break the opponent's focus sash if he has one, then Belly Drum, hope that I don't take more than 50% damage from the opponent, and then sweep with Bullet Punch/Vacuum Wave.

Wait, why Macho Brace and 0 Speed IVs? It doesn't matter what speed you have if you're using priority moves.

Regardless, this set is very ineffective, not only as a lead but as a sweeper in general. First of all, even if you miraculously get a Belly Drum in, Bullet Punch without STAB is still not going to do a whole lot of damage, especially when resisted. Vacuum Wave is a special attack and thus it's power will not be increased by Belly Drum, not to mention Hariyama's special attack stat is pathetic, leaving you with only one weak attacking option. This is just not a good idea at all...

Go with a safer set if you want to use Hariyama, like defensive or CB. Also, he shouldn't really be leading, ever.

Lightning Storm

That guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    The main idea of the set was to go second with belly drum, and the first with everything else. I don't know what I was thinking when I put vacuum wave on there. What about this set. Very similar:

Linoone @ Lum Berry/Liechi Berry/Silk Scarf
    Nature: Adamant
    Abiltiy: Gluttony
    252 ATK/252 HP/4 Def
    Extremespeed
    Belly Drum
    ???
    ???

Again, Belly drum, then extreme speed. Any other good moves for it? Rest? Pursuit?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    The main idea of the set was to go second with belly drum, and the first with everything else. I don't know what I was thinking when I put vacuum wave on there. What about this set. Very similar:

Linoone @ Lum Berry/Liechi Berry/Silk Scarf
    Abiltiy: Gluttony
    252 ATK/252 HP/4 Def
    Extremespeed
    Belly Drum
    ???
    ???

Again, Belly drum, then extreme speed. Any other good moves for it? Rest? Pursuit?
    Yesh:
    Linoone @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
    - Belly Drum
    - Return / ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Claw / Pursuit
    - Rock Smash

136 Speed EVs to outpace any Pokemon equal to or below Adamant Choice Scarf Heracross. Shadow Claw is better IMO having a chance to OHKO max HP / Def Dusknoir, and is more power overall. Rock Smash 2HKOs Aggron, and Dig can be a option, but a bit too predictable.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yesh:
    Linoone @ Salac Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
    - Belly Drum
    - Return / ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Claw / Pursuit
    - Rock Smash

136 Speed EVs to outpace any Pokemon equal to or below Adamant Choice Scarf Heracross. Shadow Claw is better IMO having a chance to OHKO max HP / Def Dusknoir, and is more power overall. Rock Smash 2HKOs Aggron, and Dig can be a option, but a bit too predictable.

Seed Bomb >> Rock Smash, that set is outdated and pre platinum. I also feel a pokemon that is at risk from Mach Punch/priority in general cant really afford to drop Extremespeed, especially on such a hit or miss set that is at high risk from revenge killers.

As ive used Belly Drum Linoone quite a bit before, i cant tell you it pairs excellently with both Dual Screen + Memento Uxie to guarantee a turn of set up and also Magneton to get rid of steel types. ;)

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    Sending me to that thread doesn't really answer my question...

I'm talking about like a basic guide or something similar to doubles.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2009
    delibird moveste needed :P
    game: fire red.
    nature: mild
    ev training: attack atm, and later gonna spec attack
    item: macho brace

moveset atm

ice beam
    facade --- need this away
    fly-- need this one
    water pulse-- usefull/not?

also im stuck with my jynx :]]
    no ev help or item needed, just 2 moves

standard moves It needs

ice beam
    psychic
    then I got two other moves
    It has lovely kiss and seismic toss now.. learned blizzard but didnt want too.. too innnacurate

any suggest for the other two moves? thanks ;)

ohh btw, delibird has calm[ not mild] nature, and forgot to ask, whut ev should I do besides attack and spec attack?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I was just told that you should only use Focus Sash on the Lead of your team?

Why?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • Entry hazards, like SR and spikes...Switching in with a Focus Sash will make it useless because you won't be at full health. And SR is pretty much on every team nowadays.

Juliacoolo

Uchiha Blood.
    Years
  • shuckle for dummies

Shuckles base stats:
    Ability- Sturdy
    Stats:
    HP: 20
    Attack: 10
    Defense: 230
    Special attack: 10
    Special defense: 230
    Speed: 5

Example of a shuckle:

Shuckle @ leftovers/ focus sash/ chesto berry
    Nature: Impish or relaxed.
    EVs:
    252 HP EVs
    252 Defense EVs
    4 Sp. Defense EVs
    Ability- Sturdy
    Move set:
    Power Trick
    Bug bite
    Rest (If using chesto berry)/ encore/ gastro acid
    Earthquake

Intro

Shuckle is an interesting little blob, inching his way up the tiers in our Metagame. Our favorite play-dough sculpture isn't playing around. He has a interesting trick up his sleeve; A power trick.

To the unfamiliar eye, Shuckle may be a simple tank with no value to the competitive world. Up until April 2006, this would have been true. With the addition of DPpt moves, Shuckle gets a whole new twist, you just can't miss. The success of Shuckle is almost completely based on a new move he can learn called Power Trick. When used; Power Trick switches the users Attack stat, with their defense stat. Shuckle has a max defense stat of 614. Starting to see it? Shuckle packs a powerful punch in that 2' frame.

Using shuckle:

Getting a strong setup with shuckle can take a few turns if you want him to sweep in peace. After Power swap, Shuckle is OHKO'd by most physical attacks. It would be pointless EVing Shuckle in attack, since his defense will still be nowhere near adequate after power trick. If you are playing in a tourney that allows quick claw, you might want to consider taking a chance with that. When I play shuckle, I use a fairly long setup that if executed correctly, can be a huge threat to the opponent. IMO, shuckle's main potential lies in double battles. The combo I go after looks like this:

Starting lineup for double battles w/shuckle:

Shuckle @ leftovers/ focus sash/ chesto berry
    Nature: Impish or relaxed.
    EVs:
    252 HP EVs
    252 Defense EVs
    4 Sp. Defense EVs
    Ability- Sturdy
    Move set:
    Power Trick
    Bug bite
    Rest (If using chesto berry)/ encore/ gastro acid
    Earthquake

And

Gallade @ choice band
    EV's:
    252 Attack EV's
    252 Speed EV's
    4 HP EV's
    Ability-
    Move set:
    Trick room
    Swords dance
    Ice punch
    Close Combat.

How to use them:

So this is an example of a starting set w/shuckle.
    Gallade is used for trick room with shuckle, and the other moves are for mid-battle. First turn, Shuckle uses power trick, and Gallade uses trick room. Most likely, both Shuckle and Gallade will survive T1. You now have a shuckle with 600+ attacks, and 100- defense. Rest + aspear/ lum are for restoring shuckle if he gets hit hard after using power trick. So now we have a full blast shuckle, highest speed in play (base speed of 5), and most likely highest attack. The next step is to keep shuckle safe. For turn 2, you are rather healing shuckle (rest), or sniping one of the opponents (obviously the one with the highest attack stat). Now, Instead of waiting on Gallade to possibly kill shuckle's potential murderers, you are going to send out a Togekiss. Notice I said Togekiss, and not a Pokémon with a certain move, or ability. Togekiss is the only of seven Pokémon who can use "Follow Me". "Follow Me" directs all attacks of the opponent, to the user, regardless of which Pokémon the attack was directed to.

Togekiss should be a bold nature, and should be Max EV'd in both defenses, and four in HP. Follow me has a speed priority of 3, so togekiss' fairly high speed (low w/trick room) shouldn't play as a factor. Now, you can have your bulky togekiss taking the shots for shuckle, while shuckle is sniping away at your opponent's roster. Plus, shuckle can earthquake without hurting togekiss (as you already knew).

Other options:

Shuckle can be play played many other ways, but I think that this way has the highest chance of executing correctly. Shuckles options are limited, but he's a high risk, high reward type pokemon.

Counters:

Many pokemon can counter shuckle, especially if you commit mistakes. Some mistakes will lead to shuckles defense being wide open, or shuckle not getting his speed "boosted" before sniping, the possibilities of messing up are not easy to avoid, and extra precaution is essential. Many type-machups are not good for shuckle in our metagame. Weaville can do massive damage. Aerial ace, and Ice shard can get shuckle before he gets his defense, and either one can, and most likely will OHKO him. These weaknesses are proof of shuckles high-risk-high-reward characteristic.

I hope you've enjoyed reading this article, and I hope you learned something if it wasn't too bad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back