• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So why Dark Void >> Spore ? Spore is 100% accurate.

Also really all Level one FEAR users suck besides the magic guard cleffa/fairy/fable trio and Swinub/Mamoswine because they are immune to weather (preferably hail) which they NEED to guarantee kills or you lose to steel types or anything with leftovers because extremespeed/priority is that weak on a level one poke. But yeah Trick Room is a given too.

Last edited:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    true, but would you agree that a choice scarf would be better than a focus sash, cause after the sash is used up, there is practically nothing he can do except get KO'd or use explosion, same as a scarf glalie

Well the focus sash is only for the lead spiking set. If you scarf it, you might not even guarantee one layer of spikes, since another scarf user could outspeed you. Point being, there's a reason why there's no Scarf Glalie set listed on smogon =P

Years
    oh, ok now i understand
    thanks for explaining :)

Need a decent Ev spread for a calm Electivire

It is not mine but a friends, and he needs it EV'd asap

Last edited:

coolkidmitch

Ace Trainer
    Years
    If I have a power weight on my pokemon, and it beats a pokemon, say a Starly, instead of a Bidoof, will it gain 4 EVs in HP or in Speed? This goes for all the Power items, do you gain the 4 EV's in whatever the item calls for, or just for what the pokemon's basic ev stat is set to?

soramararu

Warrior of the Sky
    Years
    Ok, I posted my team but it said that I had to wait for a moderator or something to approve it. I have been waiting for the past few days and I was wondering why it is takeing a while for it to be posted. Also...nevermind i forgot.

Years
    If I have a power weight on my pokemon, and it beats a pokemon, say a Starly, instead of a Bidoof, will it gain 4 EVs in HP or in Speed? This goes for all the Power items, do you gain the 4 EV's in whatever the item calls for, or just for what the pokemon's basic ev stat is set to?

It'll gain 4 EVs in HP from the Power weight plus the 1 Speed EV from the Starly. With the Power Items, you gain 4 EVs in whatever is specified by the item plus the EVs you normally get from the Pokemon you defeat.

coolkidmitch

Ace Trainer
    Years
    It'll gain 4 EVs in HP from the Power weight plus the 1 Speed EV from the Starly. With the Power Items, you gain 4 EVs in whatever is specified by the item plus the EVs you normally get from the Pokemon you defeat.

Oh snap, that is glorious! Thank you very much.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I don't know if this is the right place, but what is the Strict Damage Clause?

From the shoddy tournament thread:

Strict Damage Clause: When the opposing Pokémon takes damage, Strict Damage Clause ensures that it won't give away items that the Pokémon holds based on how much damage the attacks do, just like on WiFi. The clause stops "It's super effective! Dunsparce lost 999% of its health!" This would give away that the Pokémon holds an attack-boosting item like a Choice Band or that it is heavily EVed in attack, or both. Strict Damage Clause instead changes the text to "It's super effective, Dunsparce lost 100% of its health" so that it won't give away items and EVs.

I also don't know if this is the right place, but how long does it usually take for an RMT thread to be approved?

If it takes more than 24 hours, it probably got disapproved.

You gain 4 additional EVs in whatever the item is for, plus whatever you would get from the pokemon. The item you're holding doesn't affect the amount of EVs the item gives.

Ok, I posted my team but it said that I had to wait for a moderator or something to approve it. I have been waiting for the past few days and I was wondering why it is takeing a while for it to be posted. Also...nevermind i forgot.

Same thing lol, if it's been over 24 hours, it's probably missing something D:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    oh, ok now i understand
    thanks for explaining :)

Need a decent Ev spread for a calm Electivire

It is not mine but a friends, and he needs it EV'd asap

Calm is a horrible nature for an e-vire. Unless its a strange support vire or something.

pokecrazy123

The Dark Side is Strong in You
    Years
    Gyarados with Life Orb
    Trait: Intimidate
    EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    Physical Sweeper Gyrados is

Gengar with Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 Hp/ 252 Spd / 252 SpAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hypnosis
    Gengar is Special Sweeper

Metagross with Choice Scarf
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    - Meteor mash
    - Earthquake
    - Agility
    - Thunderpunch
    Physical Sweeper

Blissey with Leftovers
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Calm Nature
    EVs: 252 Def/ 80 Sp Atk/ 176 Sp Def
    -Wish
    -Softboiled
    -Flamethrower
    -Toxic
    Wall

Skarmory with Shed Shell
    Trait: Keen Eye
    Impish Nature
    252 Hp/ 96 Atk/ 20 Spd/ 140 Def
    - Spike
    - WhirlWind
    -Roost
    - Brave Bird
    Wall/Annoyer
    is this a team that can pose a threat in competitive battling and are my movests ok? also what should my last pokemon be?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You do realize Choice Scarf locks you into one move right ? So Agility on Scarf Gross is kinda lol.

@The electivire, put it in the pc and keep it as a trophy if its shiny. My point still stands about calm being awful and it not being viable unless you are using a support set. Set can be provided upon request.

Years
    Zelf, please, a moveset and EV spread would be really helpful, the main pokemon i am good with EV training are straight forward sweepers
    Unless i have something or someone telling me the exact EV's to be put in for which stat
    So please post of pm me the supporter set, Thankz :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Zelf, please, a moveset and EV spread would be really helpful, the main pokemon i am good with EV training are straight forward sweepers
    Unless i have something or someone telling me the exact EV's to be put in for which stat
    So please post of pm me the supporter set, Thankz :)

Electivire (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Motor Drive
    EVs: 252 HP/80 Spd/176 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Taunt / Toxic
    - Light Screen / Toxic
    - Discharge
    - Focus Blast / Flamethrower

Pretty much, switch into something that cant really touch you like bulky waters and support the team. Evs beat Jolly max speed Tyranitar and 36 speed Zapdos and Celebi.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    For Agiligross go with Leftovers or LO. To be honest, you need a lead. Just throwing Gyarados out isn't the best idea.

Swampert@ Leftovers
    EV : 252 HP / 212 Def / 52 SpAtk
    Nature : Relaxed (-Spe, +Def)
    -Ice Beam
    -Earthquake
    -Stealth Rock
    -Roar

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back