• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    may i ask, if im training my alakasm and i defeat 252 gastlys and 252 zubats and 4 shellos (evs maxedout) and it isnt at the desired lvl (100) when i finish ev training can i then start training it on other pokemon like the elite 4 or do i have to train it on the pokemon that give the desired evs (gastly,zubat and shellos) , please help i know its a bit of topic but you guys are so experienced so please help

you can train against other pokes because after maxing out you cant get any more EV`s.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    for a while, I`ve been struggling with a lead pokemon with SD. I used to run claydol, but it wasn`t working. So now i use bastiodon, but....
    Bastiodon@ life orb
    Sturdy
    -Avalanche
    -Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake

What are the best Ev`s and natures to go with this? And if this is not the best set for a leading Bastiodon, any suggestions?
    I don't really see this working due to it only being able to set-up SR, and do very little damage, while also not being able to status, Trick, etc (cripple) the opposing lead. I would suggest something like Swampert, Hippowdon, Nidoqueen, etc that usually do the job better. Although, Metal Burst could work somewhat?
    may i ask, if im training my alakasm and i defeat 252 gastlys and 252 zubats and 4 shellos (evs maxedout) and it isnt at the desired lvl (100) when i finish ev training can i then start training it on other pokemon like the elite 4 or do i have to train it on the pokemon that give the desired evs (gastly,zubat and shellos) , please help i know its a bit of topic but you guys are so experienced so please help
    I think this would have been better for the Simple Question and Answer thread... Anyways, yes, once your EVs are maxed out, they will not change or reset (unless using the EV reducing berries). So, you can battle anything after your EVs have maxed out, and they will not change.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    for a while, I`ve been struggling with a lead pokemon with SD. I used to run claydol, but it wasn`t working. So now i use bastiodon, but....
    Bastiodon@ life orb
    Sturdy
    -Avalanche
    -Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake

What are the best Ev`s and natures to go with this? And if this is not the best set for a leading Bastiodon, any suggestions?

Bastiodon's not really a good attacker without any boosts, and sticking Life Orb on a tank isn't really a good idea either.

Bastiodon @ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    Impish
    252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
    -Rock Blast / Stone Edge
    -Stealth Rock
    -Toxic
    -Roar

This set helps wear down the opponent with a combination of SR and Toxic damage. Roar helps SR do its thing, and Rock Blast destroys substitutes. Steels kinda kill this thing though.

I don't know if this would be a good lead set, but Bastiodon is probably better off not leading either way.

kyo tohma

I don't really see this working due to it only being able to set-up SR, and do very little damage, while also not being able to status, Trick, etc (cripple) the opposing lead. I would suggest something like Swampert, Hippowdon, Nidoqueen, etc that usually do the job better. Although, Metal Burst could work somewhat?

I can agree with that.This might not fit your team, but this lead can work:

Roserade @ leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Timid
    4Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Grass Knot
    HP Fire
    Sleep Powder
    Toxic Spikes

You sleep them (hopefully) then put down toxic spikes.or just put down the spikes.
    this usually cripples their lead, so you can switch in a counter.
    HP Fire catches people off-guard

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I'm looking for a reliable Scarf Flygon set. I don't like Smogon's Scarfgon set at all. Anyone know of a better set?
    Standard (I think it is :P):

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage: Dragon Claw has enough power to OHKO Salamence after SR damage, but Outrage can be used if you do not mind being locked into using it.

- Earthquake: STAB

- Stone Edge: Revenge kill Gyarados, and coverage.

- U-turn: Scouting.

You can stash Draco Meteor somewhere for hitting dragons harder (Kingdra, etc).

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    ^T-Punch is useful > Stone Edge if you want a more reliable option vs Gyarados.

Stone Edge hits Zapdos to, but yeah. xp

kyo tohma

help with a team??

i got this already:

Lead:

Roserade @ Scope Lens
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    4Hp / 252SpA / 252Spe
    ~Sleep Powder
    ~Toxic Spikes/Spikes
    ~Grass Knot
    ~HP Fire

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Serene Grace
    252Hp / 192Spe / 64SpD
    ~Air Slash
    ~Substitute
    ~Roost
    ~Baton Pass

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Torrent
    240Hp / 216Def/ 52SpD
    ~Hydro Pump/Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Earthquake
    ~Stealth Rock

I usually use Scizor, which works well, PorygonZ, and Bronzong. But these often fail, so i could do with another 3.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I don't know if this should go in either this thread or the Simple Question and Answer thread, but I will just post it here.

What would be considered one of the most annoying Pokémon in the game? e.g. Jumpluff, Togekiss, etc? Thinking of centralizing a team around an annoying Pokémon. :3

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I don't know if this should go in either this thread or the Simple Question and Answer thread, but I will just post it here.

What would be considered one of the most annoying Pokémon in the game? e.g. Jumpluff, Togekiss, etc? Thinking of centralizing a team around an annoying Pokémon. :3

"Annoying" is kind of subjective...I personally think Scarf Jirachi is pretty annoying with the 60% flinch rate of Iron Head (I know D_A agrees with me ^_____^)

Sub Heatran is very annoying as well =/

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    If you hacked tm's and items for a pokemon IE: substitue/choice scarf, but the pokemon itself and stats are legit, is this considered to be cheating in tournies?

edit: is this in the wrong spot?

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    If you hacked tm's and items for a pokemon IE: substitue/choice scarf, but the pokemon itself and stats are legit, is this considered to be cheating in tournies?

edit: is this in the wrong spot?
    I suppose you could cheat for TM's and items and get away with it but cheating is strongly disencouraged at PC :/

EDIT : Ignore me XD

Last edited:
    Years
    Lead:

Roserade @ Scope Lens
    Timid
    Natural Cure
    4Hp / 252SpA / 252Spe
    ~Sleep Powder
    ~Toxic Spikes/Spikes
    ~Grass Knot
    ~HP Fire

I'd suggest Focus Sash, That's what I have on Mine. If you miss with sleep powder, and since Roserade is soooo fragile, 1 hit and you're down. I use TS > Spikes, and i've heard Spikes is illegal with Sleep Powder, but I may be wrong. Grass knot is fine. HP Fire is Fine. If you don't get that, Try Shadow Ball.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Serene Grace
    252Hp / 192Spe / 64SpD
    ~Air Slash
    ~Substitute
    ~Roost
    ~Baton Pass

:-/
    Air slash flinch = Ownage ^_^
    Sub.. Meh.. Ish Okay I guess. Roost is good. Baton Pass to pass the sub, seems fine.
    I go with a more stalling set myself, but whatever, lol ^_^

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Torrent
    240Hp / 216Def/ 52SpD
    ~Hydro Pump/Surf
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Earthquake
    ~Stealth Rock

I use this EV Spread on my Swampert: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
    He tends to survive some tough Sh1t thrown at him. Mine's a Cursepert as well, but anyway, looks good to me. Surf > Hydro Pump, Bad Acc. can cost you the battle :-[

I usually use Scizor, which works well, PorygonZ, and Bronzong. But these often fail, so i could do with another 3.

Ambipom could be a good Scizor Replacer. Use Jolly, Fake Out, Technician Ability, Life Orb. Those are essential for a good Ambipom.

Electivire is also a good Physical/Mixed Sweeper. If you wanna go Physical, Adamant/Jolly @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf - Thunder Punch, EQ, Ice Punch, Cross Chop/Brick Break(JIC you hate Screeners, I know I do *Glares at Cresselia*)
    If you wanna go Mixed EVire, Try Mild @ Life Orb - Thunderbolt, EQ, Ice Punch/HP Ice, Cross Chop.

Don't use Gengar in place of PorygonZ, Wayyy to Predictable ><
    "OO! Gengar! Focus Blast! Shadow Ball! Thunderbolt!" -_- Same Old, Same Old....

Lucario could do nice.

Modest Lucario @ Choice Specs
    252 SpA / 252 Speed
    - Vacumn Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dark Pulse
    - HP Ice

He seems like a fail too, when you look at it :-/

I, Myself have a Bronzong and a Probopass. I recommend Probopass over the two. Max HP, Bold, 136 Def, 120 SpD. A Screener would also be good. Some good Screeners are Cresselia, and I've even tried with a Rotom once, and worked decently!

Bold Rotom @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpD / 58 SpA OR 58 Speed (I used SpA)
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt
    - Will-O-Wisp

Calm Cresselia @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Psychic
    - Thunder Wave

People don't expect a Screening Rotom, so I'd use that. Brings some surprise into the battle ^_^

I agree with Black Ice, My FlinchKiss is annoying! ^_^

Bold Togekiss @ Lum Berry
    Serene Grace Ability
    252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
    - Thunder Wave (Stalling and Speed Dropping)
    - Air Slash (Constantly gets Flinches, T-Wave 1st so you're faster, then Air Slash. If the pokemon is faster than you, Flinching will fail)
    - Roost (Every Good Wall/Staller needs a Recovery Move
    - Encore (I use my Togekiss as a Lead, Encore something like Stealth Rock, Spikes, Swords Dance, Etc. ^_^)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    This really isn't the right spot, probably be better in the Wi-Fi Battle Stadium section.

I suppose you could cheat for TM's and items and get away with it but cheating is strongly disencouraged at PC :/

What ? No this is the right place. :/

As for the question, not if you keep your yap shut no one will know. =p

kyo tohma

Ambipom could be a good Scizor Replacer. Use Jolly, Fake Out, Technician Ability, Life Orb. Those are essential for a good Ambipom.

Not essential.There are other good sets.
    Electivire is also a good Physical/Mixed Sweeper. If you wanna go Physical, Adamant/Jolly @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf - Thunder Punch, EQ, Ice Punch, Cross Chop/Brick Break(JIC you hate Screeners, I know I do *Glares at Cresselia*)
    If you wanna go Mixed EVire, Try Mild @ Life Orb - Thunderbolt, EQ, Ice Punch/HP Ice, Cross Chop.

Don't use Gengar in place of PorygonZ, Wayyy to Predictable ><
    "OO! Gengar! Focus Blast! Shadow Ball! Thunderbolt!" -_- Same Old, Same Old....

Don't say Gengar is predictable, then tell me to use Electivire.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    FlinchKiss is pretty annoying. So is Curse Umbreon =s
    "Annoying" is kind of subjective...I personally think Scarf Jirachi is pretty annoying with the 60% flinch rate of Iron Head (I know D_A agrees with me ^_____^)

Sub Heatran is very annoying as well =/
    I agree with Black Ice, My FlinchKiss is annoying! ^_^

Bold Togekiss @ Lum Berry
    Serene Grace Ability
    252 HP / 6 Def / 252 SpD
    - Thunder Wave (Stalling and Speed Dropping)
    - Air Slash (Constantly gets Flinches, T-Wave 1st so you're faster, then Air Slash. If the pokemon is faster than you, Flinching will fail)
    - Roost (Every Good Wall/Staller needs a Recovery Move
    - Encore (I use my Togekiss as a Lead, Encore something like Stealth Rock, Spikes, Swords Dance, Etc. ^_^)
    Thanks~

@ Soccerryle: Even if Gengar is predictable, with Shadow Ball and Focus Blast, you get unresisted coverage, lets not forget Thunderbolt as well. WOW can be unpredictable sometimes on Gengar, like you would never suspect your Scizor getting burned when switching in.

kyo tohma

so now you have to hope you never battle anyone who saw this

:p

anyway, completely stupid question, but, what's the tier below UU???

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back