• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokedra

Retired
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Can someone give me an ev spread for a gliscor jolly

You either want the Dancing Tank or the Physical Sweeper.

Dancing Tank
    Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Nature : Jolly
    EV : 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Roost
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge / Baton Pass

Physical Sweeper
    Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Nature : Jolly
    EV : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Stone Edge
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Fang / Fire Fang

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • Ok..this is my team, allthough It might not be the best but it has a balanced moves so i could defeat nearly every type.
    Thats all im asking in this thread is about any ideas for a moveset for my pokes. I dont EV train but I may do try with one or two as I have never really tried.
    So here are my pokemon..

The moves that are in Red im keeping but you may say if you think I should change it or not :)

Swampert Lv.59
    Nature: Timed
    Earthquake/Waterfall/Avalanche/Surf

Infernape Lv.56
    Nature: Docile
    Torment/Blaze Kick/Close Combat/Flame Wheel

Lucario Lv. 40
    Nature: Quiet
    Aura Sphere/Reversal/Shadow Ball/Counter

Staraptor Lv.49
    Nature: Adment
    Endeavor/Aerial Ace/Close Combat/Fly

Scizor Lv.51
    Nature: Timid
    Razor Wind/Night Slash/Focus Energy/X-Scissor

Pikachu Lv.50
    Nature: Modest
    Slam/Thunder/Thunderbolt/Volt Tackle

Yea so theres my team and if you recommend any items my pokes should hold aswell that be great.

Thanks

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Ok..this is my team, allthough It might not be the best but it has a balanced moves so i could defeat nearly every type.
    Thats all im asking in this thread is about any ideas for a moveset for my pokes. I dont EV train but I may do try with one or two as I have never really tried.
    So here are my pokemon..

The moves that are in Red im keeping but you may say if you think I should change it or not :)

Swampert Lv.59
    Earthquake/Waterfall/Avalanche/surf

Infernape Lv.56

Lucario Lv. 40

Staraptor Lv.49

Scizor Lv.51

Pikachu Lv.50

Yea so theres my team and if you recommend any items my pokes should hold aswell that be great.

Thanks

you realy need to rebread for better natures, you dont need 3 electric attacks on pika
    your scizor has a horrid nature, as timid lowers his attack
    you need brave bird on staraptor,get rid of air ace and fly
    swampert does not need surf and infernape does not need flame wheel
    i dont no where to begin on lucario
    ill leeve the rest to some one else
    oh yeh you need to ev train if you want to stand a chance

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    What's a good Skarmory? I'm thinking of:

Skarmory-Sharp Beak- Nature: One that ups attack, and lowers Sp.Atk

Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Swords Dance
    Fly/Steel Wing

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • What's a good Skarmory? I'm thinking of:

Skarmory-Sharp Beak- Nature: One that ups attack, and lowers Sp.Atk

Spikes
    Whirlwind
    Swords Dance
    Fly/Steel Wing

it depends on what you want from skarmory, skarmory is a defensive pokemon so you dont want swords dance, also you dont want sharp beak if you have steel wing

skarmory@shedshell/lefties
    impish (+def -sp.atk)
    keen eye
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ Roost
    ~ Spikes / Stealth Rock
    ~ Whirlwind

thats the basic set (says smogon) for skarmory
    if you want a different set just ask

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    So here are my pokemon..

Swampert Lv.59

Infernape Lv.56

Lucario Lv. 40

Staraptor Lv.49

Scizor Lv.51

Pikachu Lv.50

Thanks

you realy need to rebread for better natures, you dont need 3 electric attacks on pika
    your scizor has a horrid nature, as timid lowers his attack
    you need brave bird on staraptor,get rid of air ace and fly
    swampert does not need surf and infernape does not need flame wheel
    i dont no where to begin on lucario
    ill leeve the rest to some one else
    oh yeh you need to ev train if you want to stand a chance

Thanks I guess...as I said I never really intended to EV train so I didnt pay close atention to Natures.
    And as for Pokemon that doesnt need this and that I would rather people to say a Moveset or some moves I should learn instead of a moves the allready know

Last edited:

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    it depends on what you want from skarmory, skarmory is a defensive pokemon so you dont want swords dance, also you dont want sharp beak if you have steel wing

skarmory@shedshell/lefties
    impish (+def -sp.atk)
    keen eye
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ Roost
    ~ Spikes / Stealth Rock
    ~ Whirlwind

thats the basic set (says smogon) for skarmory
    if you want a different set just ask

Ok. I'll probably go with that. Thanks. How Skarmory learns Brave Bird? Level up or egg moves? I'll use the TM for Roost. Stealth Rock would be better because it hits all kinds of pokemon. How Skarmory learns it? And I guess WhirlWind is by leveling up, right?

Sorry to be such a bother, but I need help with a Heracross. I'm thinking of:

Heracross@ Expert Belt( I think this is the right one, if not, the one that ups attack)
    A nature that ups Atk. and lowers Sp.Atk

Swords Dance
    MegaHorn
    Close Combat
    Signal Beam

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok. I'll probably go with that. Thanks. How Skarmory learns Brave Bird? Level up or egg moves?

Egg Move.

Stealth Rock would be better because it hits all kinds of pokemon. How Skarmory learns it?

TM

And I guess WhirlWind is by leveling up, right?

Egg move.

Heracross@ Expert Belt( I think this is the right one, if not, the one that ups attack)
    A nature that ups Atk. and lowers Sp.Atk

Swords Dance
    MegaHorn
    Close Combat
    Signal Beam

Comments in bold.

Stone Edge >> Signal beam, Signal Beam is special. Also use a Life Orb.

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
  • My Poke-People Team

This is my Pokemon team. I'm raising them until they're lvl 50, so I'm gonna say what stat I EV'd them in red. I have no idea how many ev's are on which, but it doesn't matter.

Noctowl @ Wise Glasses
    Ability: Insomnia
    Nature: Quiet (but characteristic is "Quick To Flee")
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Air Slash
    Attract
    Sp. Atk

Croagunk @ Payapa Berry/Black Sludge
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Nature: Jolly
    Poison Jab
    Faint Attack
    ThunderPunch
    Brick Break
    Attack

Luxio @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Brave (characteristic is "Likes to Run")
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang
    Attack

Gabite @ Yache Berry/Hard Stone/Quick Claw
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Adamant
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Rock Slide
    Aerial Ace
    Attack and maybe Speed

Rapidash @ Heat Rock
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Quiet (characteristic is "Impetuous and Silly")
    Sunny Day
    Flamethrower
    Solarbeam
    ??? (help me!)
    Sp.Atk

Lombre @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Rain Dance
    Surf
    Giga Drain
    Ice Beam
    Sp. Atk and Hp

Please be brutally honest. I need to know your opinions!

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • This is my Pokemon team. I'm raising them until they're lvl 50, so I'm gonna say what stat I EV'd them in red. I have no idea how many ev's are on which, but it doesn't matter.

Noctowl @ Wise Glasses
    Ability: Insomnia
    Nature: Quiet (but characteristic is "Quick To Flee")
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Air Slash
    Attract
    Sp. Atk

Croagunk @ Payapa Berry/Black Sludge
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Nature: Jolly
    Poison Jab
    Faint Attack
    ThunderPunch
    Brick Break
    Attack

Luxio @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Brave (characteristic is "Likes to Run")
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Ice Fang
    Fire Fang
    Attack

Gabite @ Yache Berry/Hard Stone/Quick Claw
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Adamant
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Rock Slide
    Aerial Ace
    Attack and maybe Speed

Rapidash @ Heat Rock
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Quiet (characteristic is "Impetuous and Silly")
    Sunny Day
    Flamethrower
    Solarbeam
    ??? (help me!)
    Sp.Atk

Lombre @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Rain Dish
    Rain Dance
    Surf
    Giga Drain
    Ice Beam
    Sp. Atk and Hp

Please be brutally honest. I need to know your opinions!

Is this for in-game? (It kind of looks like it).

If not, then having Sunny Day and Rain Dance on the same team is just silly. If you actually have one of those moves, you must find a way to have at least four of your pokemon benefit from its effects, and it shouldn't hinder any of the other pokemon. (An example of this is the fact that your soon to be Toxicroak will be losing health if Rapidash gets the Sunny Day off)

So I won't actually rate, but I suggest you keep working a little bit on your team before I rate more deeply. It needs to focus on one weather or the other.

Also, Gible turns into Garchomp who is uber, so if you do actually plan to use this in competitive play, then you'll have to be playing ubers. >.< (Unless he has recently been lowered to OU, but I don't think he has been)

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Actually Kree, it does matter what EV's you have, or else they won't preform their best.
    Garchomp is still an Uber.

And as for the rest, .Aero summed it up nicely.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • I said this earlyer at the top of the thread but no one has answerd me only giving advice that I should rebreed and not have this or that move hwne Im actualy just want to know what moves I SHOULD learn my pokes even if there natures anrt good as I said that I didnt really plan to EV and I might not as I have never done so, but I might try on one or two, anyway back to my question...this is my team, allthough It might not be the best but it has a balanced moves so i could defeat nearly every type.
    So here are my pokemon..

Swampert Lv.59

Infernape Lv.56

Lucario Lv. 40

Staraptor Lv.49

Scizor Lv.51

Pikachu Lv.50

Thanks

kreechurkid

I like Quagsires 'n' Xatus. :D
    Years
  • Is this for in-game? (It kind of looks like it).

If not, then having Sunny Day and Rain Dance on the same team is just silly. If you actually have one of those moves, you must find a way to have at least four of your pokemon benefit from its effects, and it shouldn't hinder any of the other pokemon. (An example of this is the fact that your soon to be Toxicroak will be losing health if Rapidash gets the Sunny Day off)

So I won't actually rate, but I suggest you keep working a little bit on your team before I rate more deeply. It needs to focus on one weather or the other.

Also, Gible turns into Garchomp who is uber, so if you do actually plan to use this in competitive play, then you'll have to be playing ubers. >.< (Unless he has recently been lowered to OU, but I don't think he has been)

This is my Competitive Team. My Gabite will stay as Gabite, as I wanted to avoid the Uber thing. I will keep Rain Dance as it benefits my pokemon most. My strategy was for double battles, and I would send out Lombre and Croagunk. I would use rain dance (it helps both) and then use surf. Then Croagunk would heal, and the other 2 pokemon would get hurt. I still don't know what to do with Rapidash and it's Sunny Day. Does anyone have an idea of what to do with the blank move? I'm thinking either Swift or Hidden Power (Ice).

Actually Kree, it does matter what EV's you have, or else they won't preform their best.
    Garchomp is still an Uber.

And as for the rest, .Aero summed it up nicely.

I know it matters, I mean I'm not going to count them because they're not going to have all the EV's done by lvl 50 so I only posted which EV's I trained them in.

Last edited:

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
  • This is my Competitive Team. My Gabite will stay as Gabite, as I wanted to avoid the Uber thing. I will keep Rain Dance as it benefits my pokemon most. My strategy was for double battles, and I would send out Lombre and Croagunk. I would use rain dance (it helps both) and then use surf. Then Croagunk would heal, and the other 2 pokemon would get hurt. I still don't know what to do with Rapidash and it's Sunny Day. Does anyone have an idea of what to do with the blank move? I'm thinking either Swift or Hidden Power (Ice).

Well Gabite really isn't a very usable NFE pokemon when you have other pokemon who can perform the same exact job, but better. If you want the same typing, a CB Flygon may be of interest to you:

Flygon@Choice Band
    Nature: Lonely*/Naive*/Adamant
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe OR 252 Atk / 80 SpA / 176 Spe*
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Outrage
    ~ U-Turn
    ~ Fire Blast* / Fire Punch / Stone Edge / Dragon Claw

*Must be use together

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Is there a set out there for choice scarf adamant Arcanine? Also, should I take the time to train a hardy Horsea? Its IVs are perfect for special sets, except its nature is a major letdown. Also, should I teach my Lucario HP Ice? It's power is only 62.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I said this earlyer at the top of the thread but no one has answerd me only giving advice that I should rebreed and not have this or that move hwne Im actualy just want to know what moves I SHOULD learn my pokes even if there natures anrt good as I said that I didnt really plan to EV and I might not as I have never done so, but I might try on one or two, anyway back to my question...this is my team, allthough It might not be the best but it has a balanced moves so i could defeat nearly every type.
    So here are my pokemon..

Swampert Lv.59

Infernape Lv.56

Lucario Lv. 40

Staraptor Lv.49

Scizor Lv.51

Pikachu Lv.50

Thanks

Swampert: The problem is, Timid is a Attack-lowering nature, which is what all three of those "red" attacks are based on. Therefore, you have two choices: either change the nature, or change all three of those attacks. Ice Beam/Earth Power/Roar is a possible replacement if you choose the latter.

Infernape: Grass Knot and Thunderpunch/HP Ice over Torment and Flame Wheel, if you insist on using it.

Lucario: Not the best Nature...although at least it can be salvaged: Extremespeed and Vacuum Wave over Reversal and Counter.

Staraptor: Finally a useful nature. Use Brave Bird/Close Combat/U-Turn/Roost or Return.

Scizor: same problem as Swampert, except Scizor cannot actually use Special attacks. Sorry, but you really need to either use a different nature or drop this one entirely.

Pikachu: Modest also lowers Attack, which decreases how much Slam and Volt Tackle will do. Pikachu actually wants as much Speed as it can get, although if you insist...Thunderbolt/Agility/Grass Knot/Hidden Power Ice or Volt Tackle is your best bet, I suppose.

To be honest, your team is horrible, and you really do need to breed for better natures for at least half of them, whether you plan on using it as a competitive team or not.

Gabrieldudenas

Is dazzled by shinies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Sorry to be such a bother again and again and again...>.< but need help with the EV spread of:

Heracross@ Life orb
    Brave

Swords Dance
    MegaHorn
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

Skarmory@ Leftovers

Impish
    Keen Eye

Brave Bird
    Roost
    Stealth Rock