• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Reshiram VS Zekrom!

Truth or Ideals?

• Reshiram

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Zekrom

Votes: 44 59.5%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    643.gif
    6219A.png
    644.gif

Who did you prefer? Are you a Trainer of truth, searching the earth for every fact and answer there is obsessed with reality, or are you a Trainer of ideals set in a world of "why" and "how", obsessed with fantasy?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Zekrom because of ideals inspires me.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I would have to pick Zekrom because as much as I want to know about everything, all the facts and knowledge of the world. I would rather spend my time as far as way from reality as possible.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I am gonna go with reshiram, i like its design and i like knowing things too :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The combination of Dragon & Electric types is what prompted me to choose White version instead of Black. Zekrom's design and typing was the reason why I gotta have it in my collection of legendaries. Reshiram's typing & design wasn't too appealing. lol

Mega-Blaziken

Glorified Chicken
    Years
  • Zekrom. White was the one I started with, and I really loved Zekrom.
    Though I don't hate reshrem.

Years
  • I originally liked Zekrom more, but after looking more at Reshiram I came to prefer it. It looks more regal and majestic, and it gets some cooler attacks like Blue Flare. That move is fricken boss.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
    Years
  • Ironically, I think ideals suit me more than truth does (since I am always seeking more knowledge) but I prefer Reshiram to Zekrom. Both because it's of my second-favourite type (Fire) and because it has those gorgeous white feathers and blue eyes.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    In case it wasn't really obvious, I like Zekrom.

I do like Reshiram too, but not as much as Zekrom. I'm not exactly into the whole truth vs ideals thing they supposedly represent though.

Also, I'm not sure that truth really=knowledge, but whatever.

ExoFlashFire

Helix Prophet
    Years
  • I'd say Zekrom, the wyvern of truth. Ideals suit me more, especially with discovery. Plus, a pitch black dragon with a generator looks epic, along with those gleaming red eyes.

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    I accidentally voted reshiram when actually I meant to vote for zekrom :/ The black dragon with red eyes and a pulsing blue color on its body and tail just looks SO insane! Love it! (Mew is still the best legendary pokemon there is, I even like him more than non-legendaries and thats tough because I HATE using them but would use mew any chance I had, hes just my favorite pokemon).

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I can't be bothered memorizing which one symbolizes truth and which one symbolizes ideals (their designs do nothing to convey it), but Zekrom is much cooler-looking by a mile. XD

Years
  • I know Black was my first 5th Gen game and I do love both, but I think I got more attached to Zekrom lately so yeah voted for him. I still love both equally but I'd love to follow ideals over truth.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I like Reshiram, because, to me, its design looks better. I like Zekrom, too, but not as much as Reshiram. :P They've both played important roles in games and anime, though, so they're both equal in regards to that.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Definitely Zekrom. While I still really like Reshiram's design, where I feel like they put a lot of emphasis on beauty, Zekrom just shines a bit more due to how tough and generally bad-ass it looks. I've also always really liked the shade of black they've used for Zekrom, as I feel like it fits it really well, whereas Reshiram's shade of white just doesn't stand out to me quite as much. Also, the only fifth generation game I've ever owned is Black 2, so there's gotta be a bit of bias in over it ;p

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    For me it's a draw, they are both evenly matched. After all they were once 1 dragon (that has to be revealed yet in my opinion).

Years
  • I would choose Zekrom cause I thought it looked cooler and is Dragon/Electric, but after playing Black, seeing and catching Reshiram, I loved it. Not that I don't like Zekrom anymore, I still prefer its pictures and want one, but Reshiram in action was better than I expected with that fire. As I never really battled with them I don't know which one I prefer in my team.

Back