• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Return From Exile OOC [M]

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Garet your character is approved... Now I need to get the IC up.

IC is up! To battle stations people! And Iscariot get that Jump Drive online now!

Note instead of Chapters this RP is split up into Missions... each mission with have a major conflict or operation usually followed by a "post mission" where characters can interact aboard the Ark and vital preparation can be made for the next mission.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Ok sorry meant to have my post up by now but work has decided to not let me have the free time i usually have.

You all can take down the Shields and start tearing into the Frigate on the left (corvette's target) while the Frigate on the right can have its shields going down to the point you can sneak in some shots with Attack Craft to disable it.... they will be hardrr shots though (few rounds to break the shield just long enough to allow a few shells to hit the hull).

Years
Alright then! Took a bit longer than I expected to, I had a hard time with personality. Speaking of which, I'll probably alter some things as I start to roleplay her. But anyway, here it is!

Full Name:
Talia Arventis

Race: Human

Clan:

Clan Name: Carnis

Symbol: A wolf's head with three stars in a triangle around it.

Colors: Green and gray

History:

Pre-Ark: The clan Carnis was strong not because of being large or unified, but that they traveled somewhat like nomads through the area surrounding the North Pole. Water in this area was slightly easier to come by, but the ground was much more mountainous and rugged, making planting crops almost impossible. This is where their nomad nature came from, moving from place to place in groups of a few dozen, gathering food from the scarce mountain shrubs and hunting for meat.

They did have a central city located in one of the only mildly hospitable places in the northern mountains, where the clan leaders were gathered, and where the hunting parties met twice a year to restock provisions and to celebrate on the solstices.

When threatened by other clans, or when attacking, they never outright engaged, always attacking in small raiding groups, then laying ambushes as they retreated. These tactics allowed them to wage war extremely efficiently. Fortunately for other clans, they rarely waged war as the clan leaders and leaders of the hunting parties would rarely agree on anything, and they only truly unified when their territory was under attack from other clans.

Post-Ark: After the discovery of the Ark, the clan Carnis for the most part remained in their small parties, now scouring the land for the metals and other resources used in the repair of the enormous ship. Those who were not assigned to hunting duty typically worked engineering and building ships slowly building up the armada.

Profession:

Corvette Commanding Officer

Appearance:

Spoiler:

Talia's uniform (as shown) is a mostly skintight flight suit with pale shades of green and gray. Her uniform is completely without any significant markings or insignia, apart from one on her left shoulder marking her as a corvette commander. However, when a more formal occasion occurs, Talia wears her more official uniform, which is a darker green coat that buttons at the neck and continues down to her upper thighs, leading down to black form fitting slacks. The uniform completes itself with a few more medals marking her as a Thane as well as her few accomplishments with the fleet.

Talia's off-duty clothing is usually a plain white shirt cutting off a bit before her elbows and dark blue slacks, finishing with a dark green jacket with her clan's emblem on it.

Talia also has a small computer chip located on her left temple, about an inch and a half square. This enhancement allows her to communicate with her ship more efficiently. It is usually mostly covered by her hair, but is noticeable.

Personality:

Talia subscribes whole-heartedly to her clan's belief in a close-knit team working together, and enjoys the flexibility of working with her team while still maintaining some independence in her choices. Her independence has gotten her in trouble a few times, but for the most part she operates within the rules.

When on duty, Talia depends heavily on her shipmates and other members of the fleet, not out of weakness, but simply trusting them to do their job. Because of this, she is known to have outbursts at others after missions when they did not do their job correctly. She is not at all tolerant of incompetence and freezing under pressure, and believes that if you can't perform under pressure, then you shouldn't be there.

Off-duty however, Talia comes across as a much more relaxed person, often joking around and generally having fun. She dislikes offending other people though, and can't stand it if others have a grudge with her, which doesn't help with her occasional outbursts. Despite this, she is known to be generally kind.

Although she does not like others having grudges against her, she has a hard time forgiving others, and even more so, forgiving herself. If others screw up, they can over time prove to her that they fixed whatever it was that went wrong. But if she messes up with something, she won't let it go, sometimes to the point of obsession, double and triple checking to make sure that it never happens again. It still stays in the back of her mind though, seemingly taunting her, just waiting to make that mistake again.

Brief History:

Talia pretty much grew up around ships, both her parents being engineers building fighters and smaller corvettes, and she never lost her obsession with them. After spending countless hours helping her parents with ships, she applied and was accepted into Ship Command Academy. She was never at the top of her class, but because of her work with her parents, she knew pretty extensively about ship weapons and systems, and had a knack for combat simulations.

After a few years at the academy, Talia was recommended by one of her professors to take part in a scientific study, which Talia agreed to, which would implant an experimental neural interface chip into her brain, effectively allowing her to pilot a ship as large as a Corvette with no crew with a combination of physical and neural commands. After a short recovery period and some testing, it was found that this was not viable at all, as the mental strain of controlling an entire ship was simply too much for one person. However, when Talia was coupled with a capable crew, a corvette could be piloted with only four other crew members, as opposed to the eight to twelve it usually took.

After yet more extensive training, Talia was given command of a brand new corvette, engineered specially for those with the neural implant, named the Joyau, or the "Jewel". This would make her the youngest female to ever command a corvette at twenty seven.

Less than a year later, Talia was assigned to accompany the Ark on its maiden voyage.

Goal(s):

Talia wants to be the pilot of a frigate on day, although that is unlikely as her implant is specially made for corvettes, and she is more valuable there instead of a frigate.

Enhancements:

Talia has a neural interface chip located on her left temple which allows her to control her corvette Joyau with her mind as well as physically. It replaces the need for some of the crew members, allowing for a much smaller and efficient crew. It gives much more information to her to allow for better decision making, although depending on it too much causes serious mental strain and eventual breakdown. The implant also causes general mental strain and fatigue even when not in active use.

Other:

Talia has an obsession with coffee. If she is off duty, she is probably looking for coffee

The Joyau is a dual turret model specialized to better integrate with Talia's interface chip. Turrets are a coil gun turret and an autocannon.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
@STARDU5T Accepted... Might ask for minor wording changes later, but overall SU looks fine (On a cell phone atm so can't do my detailed check).

Also what type turrets does your Corvette mount right now? Coil gun, Autocannon, or missile? They can be two different ones.

Years
Alright, I went ahead and posted, as well as changed my SU to include types of turrets as well, which are a coil gun and autocannon.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
STARDU5T Humans do not have shield technology just really thick armor plating... created to protect against explosive and kinetic rounds (why it currently sucks against the Aliens energy weapon technology).

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Ok Post up sorry it took so long...

This will mostly end this combat section. Once everyone gets back to the Ark I'll set things up for moving around the Ark/Character interaction/ etc with key areas of interest and different things to do. That lull will last as long as everyone is comfortable with, then we will move on to the next mission.

Years
Hey, sorry about being so late with my post. The last week has been a mixture of being really ill and having a load of Uni work; not a fun combo. I'll have a post up soon.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
I know Challenger its fine.... I pushed the story along... the Post Mission stuff will last as long as people like... then I'll get the next mission started.

Years
Alright then! Posted!

Sorry about any delay, I've had to work overtime recently because the weather has actually been decent enough to do that for the first time this bloody winter! :P

That being said, I did just notice that any curse words I use are being replaced with hearts, which I am kinda okay with!

Back