• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    The thing is, if he doesn't really care if people use scripts made by him, though knowing that they do credit him for the scripts, he should release them, we are an open community.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    The thing is, if he doesn't really care if people use scripts made by him, though knowing that they do credit him for the scripts, he should release them, we are an open community.
    So someone takes the scripts without giving him credit and this should somehow encourage him to release it to others? How does that make sense? No one has to release their scripts if they don't want to.

Not saying anyone has stolen anything until I see proof, but still, that makes no sense.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I PM'ed you Neo-Dragon, and by the way, that isn't all of it, there are other instances where the member in question has stolen from other projects, but I didn't include them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Development is most likely continuing now. I plan to fix that bug with the chat box in the battle system and start work on the online battle system. I have limited internet access so updates will be scarce.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Glad to hear!
    But maybe distribute more wisely this time?
    Like you can get the kit if you give feedback or something, or participate in testing, this way only people who care about the online itself will have a copy for it and not the dual screen script.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Glad to hear!
    But maybe distribute more wisely this time?
    Like you can get the kit if you give feedback or something, or participate in testing, this way only people who care about the online itself will have a copy for it and not the dual screen script.
    Good idea, I'll think about it.

nimmy23

Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2012
    Hi i want to enable Dual screen on RMXP PM me if you know how to do it

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Hi i want to enable Dual screen on RMXP PM me if you know how to do it
    I don't know how many times Luka and I have to stress this. We will not be saying how to do it. It is no secret that the dual screen is used in PE O, but I will not be saying how to extract it, as it is not the purpose of this kit.

Update: The chat screen in the battle system is harder to remove than I thought. I did fix the resolution of the battle screen so it is still functional, but I will have to leave the chat bug till later. In other news, I added a function so that when you right click a player, a little menu pops up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Update: I have made significant progress with the trade system. The system is practically complete, but I just have to iron out a bug where the Pokemon icons are not showing. For now, here are some screenies of how you accept the trade.

Update2: I finished working on the emoticons in the chat. I don't know if I'll add it to the bubble chat, I'll think about it.

The trade system will also feature some nice graphics by Luka.

Pokemon Essentials Online v0.8 should be out sometime New Years Eve or next year (:P).

I will be compiling a changes list so if you have been using v0.5, you don't have to replace the whole project.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Well it took 2 weeks and almost 700 lines of code, but I finally finished the trade system. Everything is complete, evolution, smexy graphics and trading animation (uses default Essentials one) are all included. Here are some pictures to show this off.

Last edited:

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
  • To be honest i am suitably impressed with the trade system. Heres to hoping i may find a use for the kit in the future.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016

And just to let everyone know. I did notice the glitch in the second screenshot where the names in the second screen are not there. I think this is because I am switching between two windows, making the other inactive, so the names did not get loaded.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2011
    Absolutelly FANTASTIC !

Great work, i am extremelly impressed. 700 Lines of Code, that gotta take huge amounts of time and a lot of experience.

Can't wait to test it mate !

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Wow, you are actually making me consider making a pokémon orpg.
    :P

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
    Years
  • Actually, 700 lines of code is really short, congratulations on making it on so few lines =p. I however would still polish the interface, but that's just a detail ^^.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Lol, at leat 100 of those lines are purely checks. It was tough beacuse I had to make sure that if anything happened on one players screen, the other player has to be notified. E.g if one player exits the trade or closes the screen, the other player has a window pop up saying other player declined the trade.

In other news, I am delaying the release of v0.8 (which will probably become v1.0) as I will be rewriting the Network interface so I can use the Netplay 2.0 Ruby server, because, to be quite honest, the C++ server is extremley buggy. The benefits will be that you will be able to use a MYSQL server which means players can register and login on a webpage and check their PMs etc. I will probably also write a small C# front end application so you will be able to use the server in a more friendly manner rather than using command line.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Checking PM's and registering online REALLY REALLY MAKES ME WANT TO MAKE A POKéMON ORPG, I ALSO LEIK CAPS AS MUCH AS I LEIK MUDKIPZ

100 lines of checks 0.o is that counting all the "end"'s you had to type or not? When I made a small test game online in GM I simply sent a number and that would mean something to the game(eg, 999 means EXIT)

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
  • Just been thinking and a few ideas of some possible features for the kit. They shouldn't be to difficult for a person with your prestige.
    Ok here they are:
    GTS style trade, Considering you have a solid base for the trade system already to be honest this should not be that awfully difficult.
    Voice chat, Once you have the battle system this could be quite good considering your knowledge and the fact Pokemon Essentials already has one mic feature (Chatter the move) it should not be that hard. The kind of place i was thinking of the voice chat being was a place like in battle obviously the ability to disable it should be available.

Hope you like my ideas.
    ----Mosssky

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Just been thinking and a few ideas of some possible features for the kit. They shouldn't be to difficult for a person with your prestige.
    Ok here they are:
    GTS style trade, Considering you have a solid base for the trade system already to be honest this should not be that awfully difficult.
    Voice chat, Once you have the battle system this could be quite good considering your knowledge and the fact Pokemon Essentials already has one mic feature (Chatter the move) it should not be that hard. The kind of place i was thinking of the voice chat being was a place like in battle obviously the ability to disable it should be available.

Hope you like my ideas.
    ----Mosssky
    Yeah, I was planning to do a GTS system. It shouldn't be hard at all with the new MySQL database system. The voice chat is also a good idea, but I don't know if it is possible to send the data over a socket instantly as the voice recording is saved as an audio file (for all I know). I will look into it nonetheless.

To everyone else, if you have an idea, please post it as I am running out of things to do. The only things left really are the party systems and the online battles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back