• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Yeah, nice work Master Alexandre! The screenshots look really awesome.

To everyone else, if you have an idea, please post it as I am running out of things to do. The only things left really are the party systems and the online battles.

Maybe you could also add a "triple triad online battle system". I mean this triple triad which already exists in the normal starterkit.
    Just an idea, 'cause i know many ppl who love this game xP

And what's about a "showing trainer-card" function where you can see the other players trainer card, or any other information.

Keep up your good work Master. You're great!

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
    Ok this nay sound a bit but. How about a remember in R/S/E there was the roulette table in games corner? How about that online?

Alexandre said:
    It shouldn't be hard at all with the new MySQL database system.
    Also are you imply you have completed the integrating the MySQL db from netplay 2.0?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Maybe you could also add a "triple triad online battle system". I mean this triple triad which already exists in the normal starterkit.
    Just an idea, 'cause i know many ppl who love this game xP

And what's about a "showing trainer-card" function where you can see the other players trainer card, or any other information.
    I haven't really used the triple triad thing much, but I'll look into it. The Trainer card is something very easy to do and I will probably do it.

Ok this nay sound a bit but. How about a remember in R/S/E there was the roulette table in games corner? How about that online?

Also are you imply you have completed the integrating the MySQL db from netplay 2.0?
    Shouldn't be too hard, I'll probably just look for an existing roulette script and add online functions myself.

I haven't finished the new server yet. I've gotten as far as connecting and registering. Right now I'm doing the GUI for the C# server.

Rassalon

Epic One
    Years
    Sounds good. Can't wait to see and try! The new version. I support you all the way with you work as i think it is of exemplary quality.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Roulette multiplayer... interesting...
    Maybe player run gyms? Where you buy the gym and it doesn't chagne the layout but your team is set to the gym leaders team(so people can challenge you 24/7) and the pokémon levels are capped at the gym #'s level?

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    Mh...

What's about a online-shop-system (short: oss).
    If you open the OSS (e.g. by pressing a key/button, or using an item) you can choose some of your items (or maybe pokemon?) and enter a selling price for them (e.g. limited to 8 selling slots). Than the user can choose "open shop", to give the shop a name and open this shop.
    A Chatbox appear above the characters head (with the shopname and maybe a shopping symbol?). He cant do anything while in this mode but chatting or closing the shop.

Other player can click the chatbox (if mouse is featured, else it could be done by pressing enter to the other player) and see the Shop (item/pokemon list with prices). Other player could buy now those items.

Just an idea if you don't know what to do in the future.

Years
    Mh...

What's about a online-shop-system (short: oss).
    If you open the OSS (e.g. by pressing a key/button, or using an item) you can choose some of your items (or maybe pokemon?) and enter a selling price for them (e.g. limited to 8 selling slots). Than the user can choose "open shop", to give the shop a name and open this shop.
    A Chatbox appear above the characters head (with the shopname and maybe a shopping symbol?). He cant do anything while in this mode but chatting or closing the shop.

Other player can click the chatbox (if mouse is featured, else it could be done by pressing enter to the other player) and see the Shop (item/pokemon list with prices). Other player could buy now those items.

Just an idea if you don't know what to do in the future.
    that sounds alot like the shop system in maplestory xD

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    And in a bazillion other online games.

The thing is, it works, so loads of games use it. I think that would be a good idea to implement :)

Years
    i agree, depending on how popular the game gets, cause u really wouldn't want hundreds of people standing arround with shopps, i think an actualy place 2 go that holds every ones stuff in 1 place would be a better idea, thta way everything can be organised, possiable search function and so on

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Shop system will be easy to do. That will probably go in.

Update wise, I have ditched using Visual Studio to make the Server due to the lack of functionality in the ability to communicate with a Ruby script from C. I'll now be using wxRuby which allows me to make Windows style applications from within Ruby, making it much easier to communicate with the server and the database.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Sometimes I hate ruby lol. wxRuby has a problem with multi-threaded tasks (such as the Netplay Server) and the GUI freeze while running it. I have now switched to fxRuby which is practically the same thing as wxRuby.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Not dead, just inactive. I've been rather busy, I just did an AS exam (equivalent to baccalaureate) the other week and I've been "trying" to catch up with my school work :p. Truth is, its kind of boring me to be constantly debugging between the server and the client applications and I'm taking a break from it.

I'll put up a poll (for all those who care) to see if there is a demand for me to upload v0.8 (the one with the trading feature but before the introduction of the MySQL server).

Edit: Meh, I forgot that you can't change the thread type once its created. Just post here if you want it released. Mind you though, there is no documentation whatsoever as this is an unsupported version, so advanced users only :P

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
    You can add a poll
    I did in my thread I forgot how though. I get what your saying I personally hate client/server programming.... As for the download I'd like to see it but its entirely up to you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2010
    i would want the download, been waiting for this for a very long time :) glad to see your back working on it! any idea when you have free time from school again? :D cant wait for v1.0!! :)

thanks for your work~

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Sorry about the lack of activity on this project. It's just that I've been pretty busy over the past few months. I have mega exams coming up next month and I simply don't have time to keep this thing updated. The rewrite of the client-server communication will be done sometime June/July, so keep an eye out for that.
    Anyway, as people keep PM'ing me for the link, and I don't reply, I shall be adding a link to the latest version (the one with trading support) in the first post. Please report any bugs with the trading system as I'm sure there will be things I've missed. Bear in mind, however, that none of the new features have been documented.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Sounds good, one question I have is will you ever add a GTS that is web based, so it can be implemented in non-MMO pokémon games? If so that would be a wonderful feature for the community.

If you do could you possibly have web pages that allow people to view trade histories and such, I think it would be interesting if people could view everyones trades and such.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Sounds good, one question I have is will you ever add a GTS that is web based, so it can be implemented in non-MMO pokémon games? If so that would be a wonderful feature for the community.
    Thats exactly what I was going to do. After the rewrite I planned to have two versions: One for MMOs and an addon pack to integrate online features into RPGs.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Hi there, how can i make everybody in my country play without hamachi?

Thanks,
    Ghare

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back