• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Did I catch something up there about.... Demons? Haha

Anyways now I would like to press forward just a few of my ideas... i know right I try and fail but this time things are different.

1 not sure how this relates to whatever dementia was talking about further up, but an rp basically about a world that's split into 4 factions, angels, demons, elves, and beasts. Each faction would include three races, each having an individual skill, (thus if the rp were to start there would be in total 12 or 24 spaces depending if it gets a lot of favor from the community) angels and demons won't be overpowered as you would imagine of course. Likewise, each faction will be skilled in a certain aspect, much to be discussed later, and each race will have their own unique perception of that faction. All in all, the plot will follow simply, as I will randomly select one ruler for each faction, which will allow people to act as gm in their specific faction, and play it out like war, wether you be allies, or enemies against the oncoming demon empire. In sense it won't be me the gm deciding the actions of war, it shall be whoever is picked. Also being randomly picked means a random personality will be decided. The rest of the characters can be whatever they want from a high ranking general to a simple farm girl, (I doubt demons have farms)

What do yous think of that because I just completely forgot my second idea. :D I really want to try and make this if I get a few positive responses, feedback would be great too.
    24 players sounds like a lot. Only know of a few RPs that have that amount of players. If you divide them into factions it can work I guess, but it's more that it can be tedious to keep track of all the players and make sure that they actually RP ^^

Maybe you shouldn't select the faction leaders "randomly" :3 Let people sign up and pick the one most suited for being a leader after that? Or maybe even announce one leader spot for each faction, so that people can choose whether to sign up for that or as a regular faction member. Forcing a person to play a random personality can be difficult.

You should probably have some control or at least plan for how things work in your RP world, as the GM. But if you make sure to let people who are eager to be mini-GMs sign up as faction leaders, it sound like it could work.

Hey btw. Anyone feeling up to a Christmas RP event? Peter might have mentioned something about it, I don't remember fully. Usually when we have had Christmas tournaments and stuff going, it has taken too much time. So maybe something with a strict schedule where people must promise that they'll stick to the schedule if they sign up. A tournament with joint posts could be a thing. Or a sort of Christmas adventure in the pokémon world? Or maybe not even something pokémon. We're on a pokémon forum though, so it could be best.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    I guess 12 works yeah thanks. I guess it can be optional to be the leader. Thanks for your feedback. The common goal however would mean that depending on a characters personality depends whichever ace they go in, for example you'd have to have quite a dark character to be in demons, as the common goal is to rule all four factions, and then lighter characters are the angels and elves, whereas the beasts are very neutral. I've been thinking a lot about how it would work and I have a basic plot in mind. Basically the demons are the enemy here, and pathetic want control over everything, so they wage war in order to get to the central tower, smack bang in the middle of all four factions, and it is said that whatever race gets there has a small build up on power, and being right in the middle can quite easily destroy all four factions, thus making the demons the supreme race, but the angels and elves don't want that, they want balance, so there job is to destroy the demons. The beasts however don't have much say, and will often tag along with the demons to get closer to power, but then change to the lighter alliance to try and keep balance.

Ta-da

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    Hey btw. Anyone feeling up to a Christmas RP event? Peter might have mentioned something about it, I don't remember fully. Usually when we have had Christmas tournaments and stuff going, it has taken too much time. So maybe something with a strict schedule where people must promise that they'll stick to the schedule if they sign up. A tournament with joint posts could be a thing. Or a sort of Christmas adventure in the pokémon world? Or maybe not even something pokémon. We're on a pokémon forum though, so it could be best.

I wouldn't mind a Christmas RP event! But would it last up to Christmas or a bit after Christmas? I know it seems like a kind of a dumb question, but I'm going to guess that some of us are going to have a break from school/uni/work etc. during the week of Christmas and a bit of the week after it as well. So maybe an end-of-year event? I dunno. It would definitely need a schedule, and those joining will have to stay committed.

@Demonic; It sounds cool, I suppose. But it'll probably need a lot of planning and organization to fill all of those spots, and you'll have to make sure that all the GMs get the memo... pretty tough stuff, and you'll probably need a lot of time- but if you think you can do it, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't end or something and the next time you'll have learned from your mistakes.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    I suppose so, perhaps I could enlist trusted people as the leaders of factions instead of random people thus allowing me to trust them in their choices a bit more, in a sense it would be like having four GM's. I already got everything planned, and having 4 GM's would just allow things to run along a bit quicker in the absence of a different one. I already have common goals planned, a decent plot, and the actual species of characters and stuff.

Now I have a question, do I give only people who have requested GM to be leaders, or pick randomly from one of three in each faction, or make a sign up form for leader and see which one is best, or first come first serve? This is the only problem I have right now and would value anyone's opinions?

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    I suppose so, perhaps I could enlist trusted people as the leaders of factions instead of random people thus allowing me to trust them in their choices a bit more, in a sense it would be like having four GM's. I already got everything planned, and having 4 GM's would just allow things to run along a bit quicker in the absence of a different one. I already have common goals planned, a decent plot, and the actual species of characters and stuff.

Now I have a question, do I give only people who have requested GM to be leaders, or pick randomly from one of three in each faction, or make a sign up form for leader and see which one is best, or first come first serve? This is the only problem I have right now and would value anyone's opinions?

It would be a great idea but there would be a lot of planning required.

I suggest that you make a sign up form for a leader and see which is best. Take the feedback of some people who've joined and ask them who they think should be the leader. Then you later decide by adding a RP sample at the bottom of the sheet and see how well they RP.

You should use all these factors if you want a good leader.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    Okay I'll give this a go. Don't worry I got a heck of a lot planned in this small mind of mine, my own brilliant and wacked up mind. ]:) who knows this may be my first successful rp - yay!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, how much time do you guys think you will have to RP during the last weeks before Christmas? And how much during the actual holidays?

I think I'll have plenty of time. I have no exams before Christmas and it feels so weird. They stuffed them all into the first week of January O.o

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    I don't know, being on this site really helps my boredom so probably most of the holiday. Obviously not on Christmas, but I will still be posting in the holidays :)

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Just a heads-up to everyone I'm RPing with: I'm having finals all this week so I might not be able to post a lot or at all.

But the good thing is, after Friday it's vacations until the 7th! :D

disciplish

supreme meme machine
    Years
    I don't have midterms till' January [February? I dunno really] and I'm not really worried. For the most part I should still be posting in the break, although during the break I dunno if I'll post as often.

In the end though, expect a slowdown in other stuff but probably not RPs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Well, if anything I'll probably be active more over the break. Uni is finally done for the semester, plus I get a new laptop.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    The holidays probably won't effect my posting much. I'll probably just be spending time with my family inbetween posts, is all~ I might be available a bit less for chatting is probably the only thing that'll change online, assuming I'm... not... stolen away to play the newest games. >>;

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Well I do have mock exams in January so I should be revising most the time in the holidays, but knowing me I'll proably be doing none of that aha. I am looking to work nearly all of my break though to save up for a laptop of my own so that could affect posting, but then again I'm only part of two rps so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for me.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
    Years
    About the super mega awesome RP I am creating, I need some opinions on wether this story and stuff is suitable. I've got all the classes already sorted now, and everything seems to fit into place, next comes the tricky part of coding, which Dementia is helping me with x3

Spoiler:

If that sounds good I'll get straight to work on trying to get this out by the weekend, unless Dementia has other plans, then it will most likely be next weekend x3 I can't wait to see this in action!! Also I understand not much is known of the land, but for the future I shall be drawing out and labelling a map of the world and putting dividing lines and important cities in places. Explaining the terrain and stuff. I'll leave imagining the cities up to the roleplayers so they can describe things a bit more freely. The landscaping and such should be fairly obvious, as bits and pieces are explained. If anything more or less needs to be added or taken away please let me know.

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    About the super mega awesome RP I am creating, I need some opinions on wether this story and stuff is suitable. I've got all the classes already sorted now, and everything seems to fit into place, next comes the tricky part of coding, which Dementia is helping me with x3

Spoiler:

If that sounds good I'll get straight to work on trying to get this out by the weekend, unless Dementia has other plans, then it will most likely be next weekend x3 I can't wait to see this in action!! Also I understand not much is known of the land, but for the future I shall be drawing out and labelling a map of the world and putting dividing lines and important cities in places. Explaining the terrain and stuff. I'll leave imagining the cities up to the roleplayers so they can describe things a bit more freely. The landscaping and such should be fairly obvious, as bits and pieces are explained. If anything more or less needs to be added or taken away please let me know.

I'm a big fan of what you've done so far. I'm planning to join this RP whenever it's released.Reserve me as the leader of the beasts please.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    So, how much time do you guys think you will have to RP during the last weeks before Christmas? And how much during the actual holidays?

I think I'll have plenty of time. I have no exams before Christmas and it feels so weird. They stuffed them all into the first week of January O.o
    if anything i feel worse about posting because i lose track of time without school giving me a sense of purpose. IM GOING TO GET BETTER I SWEAR QQ

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years

Spoiler:

I'm actually pretty interested in this :3 if you decided to go through I probably would joing XD

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
    So, if anyone happens to remember the post I made in relation to my roleplay idea "Heart Stealer"...

I am wondering if the fine folks of Pokécommunity would like to give their opinions on something because I've been tossing a few ideas around how to actually have it run. I'm just curious as to what others think. As far as I see it I have three options to go with;

1. A traditional layout with the heroes being dragged along with the story whether they want it or not, all bunched into one group. Obviously character choices will have an impact on the direction of the story but, for the most part, they'll be following along this rough story plan. The typical roleplay in essence.

2. Following a mission-like structure. The players will be able to choose from a selection of side-missions to take on in groups or, in rarer cases, individuals. There will be an overarching plot of course but it will be split into a series of smaller side stories for the characters to take on when and if they feel like it. Imagine a group of adventurers taking mission postings off of a notice board and picking the one that looks most profitable.

3. Splitting the roleplay into a couple of different main storylines for the group to follow. The players would choose which story their character would be part of and they'd follow it like they might any normal roleplay. The groups might have conflicting interests or they might just be two split stories that run alongside each other. The stories might influence each other or eventually be merged into one depending on how things go. It's function very much like 1. although the players would have a choice of which their character would be involved in.

Of course if you happen to think up any alternatives then I'd be happy to hear them. I think the main reason I'm debating this is because options 2. and 3. allow for a much greater array of back stories than 1. does which runs the risk of me forcing the players to take on an important back story aspect to start off the roleplay such as joining X faction. I suppose it all depends on the majority vote.

PS. Also a reminder that I haven't abandoned those who did show interest in HS. ^^

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back