• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roller Coaster Tycoon/Planet Coaster

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
  • So, who here likes/remembers/still plays Roller Coaster Tycoon?

1 & 2 were a pretty big part of my childhood, and while 3 was less of my childhood I can assert that in my opinion it is the best one.

I could talk about 3 for hours, it's probably one of my favorite games ever.

But I still think 1 & 2 are great games, and those and 3 will probably be remembered as some of; if not the best tycoon games out there.

So, what are you're guys' thoughts/feelings on RCT?

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    Oh man I would hate to count up all the hours I spent on RCT2 when I was younger, I remember having some massive theme parks that were so big they used to slow down the PC.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • RollerCoaster Tycoon, AKA the one game where no one ever likes what I build.

game is flawed beyond limits how are my constructions rated with a intensity rating of 120 i swear i tested it time and time again and its as safe as it gets.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    1 and 2 are my childhood indeed! 3, I got but never really got into. The 3D didn't jam with me as well as the pixlyness of the older titles did, I guess. I had loooads of fun in both RCT and RCT2, making custom maps as well as fighting through the scenarios. I didn't always manage d:

I disliked about RCT1 that attractions got old super fast and nobody wanted to ride them anymore so you had to rebuild. That wasn't as much of a problem in RCT2, but there you instead had to choose between high entrance fee or ride fees but no entrance fee. I almost always opted for entrance fee and no tickets whenever I could, as that let me build whatever I fancied and still earn good money as long as my park was overall popular.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Gonna give a shout out to OpenRCT2. It's a giant bugfix/modernization/quality of life mod for RCT2 that also lets you import the RCT1 scenarios if you have RCT1 installed. Listing all the changes would take pages (a shorter list is here), but the biggest one for me is multiplayer! Definitely worth checking out, you can grab it here: https://openrct2.org/downloads/releases/latest

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
    Years
  • This game made me won an ward for best art in my high school of the year. lol xD All I did was use the tree models in the game to paint the actual trees in and made a cluster of trees with details base of of every tree in this game lol. I would play this game for hours all of them infact I have roller couster tycoon world on my pc however it so fill up and the people get stuck somethings stupidly and it lags like crazy even on a high end gaming pc...=/ same with theme world or the other roller coaster theme world but they don't let you make coasters like before too many limitations and people wont let you get or make a five star roller in the game...not a lot of options really..I do miss the old ones. I'm into zoo tycoon too and sea world tycoon..hell..When we was on walmart internet and netzero dial up internet that all I would play for hours besides other cd rom games. lol^_^..

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
    Years
  • So, who here likes/remembers/still plays Roller Coaster Tycoon?

1 & 2 were a pretty big part of my childhood, and while 3 was less of my childhood I can assert that in my opinion it is the best one.

I could talk about 3 for hours, it's probably one of my favorite games ever.

But I still think 1 & 2 are great games, and those and 3 will probably be remembered as some of; if not the best tycoon games out there.

So, what are you're guys' thoughts/feelings on RCT?

I love the game and I do like it's rival coaster planet!! They both have good features and rides and rollers...<3Trillville is fun but the game that introduce me to the roller coaster tycoons was sim theme park for PlayStation..:) I fell in love with the people reaction of smiles getting off the rides and just spent hours and hours the games are so addicting..I got zoo tycoon games on my xbox. and other coaster games...not as good as roller coaster tycoon though..I hate the restrictions now a days...in the newer ones...but I still have to give the title of best rival to coaster planet.lol It close..dare I say it...close..lol

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
    Years
  • I would actually play Planet Coaster if I had the PC for it.
    I'm on a craptop that's not exactly ready to run something so demanding.

If I had a gaming PC I totally would though, game looks amazing.

Back