• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPT Secret Santa 2016 - Finished

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
This is a really unhelpful goal to have, Ech.
We're roleplaying to enjoy ourselves, not to amass points.
Playing this competitively in terms of points, and aiming to "troll people incessantly," will both make the other players not enjoy themselves.

Sorry if I gave you the wrong idea there but I was only being facetious, friend. ; 3

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
Not to be that guy, but I was told there would be CSS... :P

Also GP I still haven't gotten any DM's mate.

Also just read through and uh
"Joint Post – 1 Point + 2 points per player. A joint post will get everybody involved one point, and we'll even add 2 points per participant onto that!"
So a two man JP would be five points? Seems a little broken. Then again, not everyone forces people to finish JP's within a day or two like me.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
Years
So I suppose, for the people who are Joint Posting, we may well not end up interacting with others, since the setting of this RP is a bunch of different houses from each other. That makes it kinda hard to know when to stop writing for any given Joint Post, since you're not waiting for anyone else to respond to you. You could just... go on forever!!

Or maybe I'm just way too new to Joint Posting. If anyone wants to input their thoughts about when to end a Joint Post in this circumstance, thanks in advance.

Years
So I suppose, for the people who are Joint Posting, we may well not end up interacting with others, since the setting of this RP is a bunch of different houses from each other. That makes it kinda hard to know when to stop writing for any given Joint Post, since you're not waiting for anyone else to respond to you. You could just... go on forever!!

Or maybe I'm just way too new to Joint Posting. If anyone wants to input their thoughts about when to end a Joint Post in this circumstance, thanks in advance.

I'd say after delivering the present or soon thereafter would be ideal.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
So, from what I've put together, this roleplay may have a bit of a dilemma.
Maybe I'm just speaking from personal experience here and this isn't how everybody feels, but perhaps it's how at least some of you feel.

So this RP was geared around a couple things: Joint Posting (huge point-based incentive to do so, not to mention the collaborative nature of the event), and CHRISTMAS.

But the roleplay started ON Christmas. And factoring in how long forum roleplays take to progress, and how long Joint Posts take to write collaboratively, the issue I identify is:

Most of us lose motivation to write about Christmas themed things past the first week of January. And the IC thread seems to agree with me. It could be other reasons, of course...

But, my point with this post was to recommend to the mods that next year, if you'd like another of these events, you could try a theme that is easier to keep going well into February and maybe beyond. Or, be really Christmassy but start the RP in early December.

I hope sharing my thoughts is at least a little helpful. Good luck!

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
Years
So, from what I've put together, this roleplay may have a bit of a dilemma.
Maybe I'm just speaking from personal experience here and this isn't how everybody feels, but perhaps it's how at least some of you feel.

So this RP was geared around a couple things: Joint Posting (huge point-based incentive to do so, not to mention the collaborative nature of the event), and CHRISTMAS.

But the roleplay started ON Christmas. And factoring in how long forum roleplays take to progress, and how long Joint Posts take to write collaboratively, the issue I identify is:

Most of us lose motivation to write about Christmas themed things past the first week of January. And the IC thread seems to agree with me. It could be other reasons, of course...

But, my point with this post was to recommend to the mods that next year, if you'd like another of these events, you could try a theme that is easier to keep going well into February and maybe beyond. Or, be really Christmassy but start the RP in early December.

I hope sharing my thoughts is at least a little helpful. Good luck!

Eh, events happen from time to time, this one was just brought back from something that occurred last year and did... reasonably well? If I recall? I wasn't personally a part but nevertheless. I do know that some people are working on posts, and there are still roughly two weeks until it ends so perhaps we should hold off on feedback until its officially over. Some people like to work on long extremely good quality posts (and don't care about points.), and some people like simpler short ones. Both are just as good and valued in an event like this. (We're here to have fun after all.)

Years
I thought it was fun! I think the most enjoyable part is seeing how other people interpret a character. Of course, that mainly boils down to how much you enjoy playing a character you didn't make, as well as seeing someone else play a character you made. After that, you're looking at other people play characters made by other people. Loses a bit of the personal touch at that point...

In the end, I'd like to see more posts. In my personal experience, the holiday cheer is restricted solely to December. Perhaps in the future, the character creation could begin in November, and characters are assigned on the last day of November, so posting can begin on the 1st?

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
I thought it was fun! I think the most enjoyable part is seeing how other people interpret a character.

Sadly, we didn't get to see that for most of the characters. Only a handful have posted their interpretations

I can't get in contact with my Joint Post partner anymore so it might be some of that, too

Last edited:

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
forget the score, is this finally the time we finally get to know who our Secret Santas are?

Cuz I want to know who decided to make a caricature of me just to make me feel super insecure.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I made Michael B.Z. Ness the pupper (obviously the superior one). Boom, confession.

N O W W H O M A D E H O L L Y

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Guess I'll confess too, since Foxy here already has: I made Mog. And yes, that includes the picture.

Afterglow Ampharos

Years
I had a joy of a time making the Minior and Cleffa duo!
Since my Secret-Santa recipient didn't respond, I'll try to re-purpose them for a later occasion whenever one becomes applicable. You know, whatever's suitable for a character duo like that.

Back