• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Ruby/Sapphire or Emerald?

Which game gene from Hoenn do you enjoy most?

• Ruby/Sapphire

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Emerald

Votes: 21 67.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Ruby/Sapphire.

Emerald was only good for the additions, such as the Battle Frontier and Extra Events (It's not like many were even used, anyway)
    Plus, it is a terrible game to hunt shinies in.
    And it's much simpler in R/S.
    I really don't feel like pointing out all of the similarities and differences right now.

XaRhS

Sapphire ftw!I never owned Ruby or Emerald, so i'll go with it. Plus, i like the storyline.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Emerald of course!
    I like the animated sprites and the battle frontier.

Years
  • I prefer Ruby/Sapphire due to the lower level of Groudon/Kyogre.
    Essentially the same game, I only use Emerald for breeding and item collection (Butterfree's Compoundeyes + Thief).

And Battle Frontier annoys me as well.

manganohime

Manga Addict
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    Emerald.

1. It's green
    2. It's green
    3. It's green
    4. It's green
    5. it's green
    6. Battle Frontier
    7. You can catch Kyogre AND Groudon
    8. You get to destroy both Team Aqua and Team Magma
    9. Battle Tents
    10. Extra Safari Zone area

(Did I mention it's green?)

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    EMerald cause it has Groudon and Kyogre and i hated the contest. =|

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Emerald has a broken RNG which makes it ridiculously easy to catch shinies and breed amazing Pokémon :P
    So Emerald it is.

Years
  • Emerald has a broken RNG which makes it ridiculously easy to catch shinies and breed amazing Pokémon :P
    So Emerald it is.

THIS.

I recently figured out how to abuse the RNG as well since there is two threads at Smogon for this. Since I caught all of the legends before discovering this, I tested it out with the event ones. Caught a Shiny Southern Island Latios with a few soft resets. Gonna restart my game sometime to find a decent ID and Secret ID number that can give me good shines along with decent IVs.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Obviously everyones going to pick Emerald, it has everything Ruby/Sapphire has and alot of other features.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2016
    Hello there. I have just been wondering how to battle sudowoodo in pokemon emerald. When I talk to the tree (sudowoodo), all it does is shake around. Can someone tell me how to battle sudowoodo?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    You need to use the Wailmer Pail on it (like in G/S/C, where you use the Squirtbottle instead). This is not really the place to ask, though...

Back