• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Say it to my Face!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
  • It's really sad to know that someone, especially a friend talking behind your back. It's even more sickening to know that they're never really were your friends in the first place.

Have you ever found out that someone you know or have never met in your whole life speak rudely about you? Would you rather let them whisper behind your back or have them say it in front of you, person to person?

I would rather want them to say what they're thinking directly. It would waste the trouble of me looking for the sly one and only connecting the dot to him/her. Besides, honesty hurts, but slander kills.

Axєl

→ enveloping flames;
    Years
  • I've really only had anything like that happen once.. at least with someone who was actually friends with me. She didn't just pick me out though, she dissed our entire group of friends. :/ Then none of us spoke to her for over a year.. Anyway, I don't want to start rambling.

I'd much rather be told to my face, outright, instead of them talking behind my back.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Oh sure, and I can't say I'm innocent in partaking in that sort of mean-spirited gossip myself. :I I'd much prefer for people to be straightforward with me, about everything.

Years
  • I've never had friends, or people I thought of as friends, say mean-spirited things behind my back (that I know of), but if they had I'd certainly want them to tell me up front. But if it were something like nonsense gossip or rumors... eh, I wouldn't care much either way.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Yes I have. And it ended a bit badly.

Course face to face. I'm no chicken, and if he wont say it to my face, then it's a fight... which is exactly what happened with me.

Ayselipera

Yes it has happened to me. As much as it would hurt I would rather them just tell me to my face. I would feel like a fool if they were talking about me behind my back while I'm thinking that they are my friend. Especially if they fooled me long enough that I began to trust them.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Oh, it happens to me all the time. And I'm not innocent. I've spoken about people poorly behind their back. I've learnt to deal with it.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • With me, I am in a group of 5 best friends and I know they are my friends!
    We stick together in everything not matter what. But just this year our group is sort of broken a bit into two groups each talking about each other. Guess who is stuck in the midddle of it? Of course me.

Droidz

¬‿¬
    Years
  • I have 3 best friends that i trust and they've never talked things about me behind my back, but i have had other people do it to me but it wasn't a huge deal because it was pretty pathetic.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • People always talk about me. Thats what you get for being hormonal, aggressive, bisexual, abusive and androgynous.

And I would much rather people said it to my face. But hey, maybe its best I don't know what they say about me.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Ugh, I just had to deal with this for yearbook staff not too long ago. Some girl on the staff was talking crap about me behind my back calling me annoying and a horrible staffer and I couldn't do anything right because the advisor had asked her to help me with a spread (without asking me if I needed it). I still don't know what I ever did to this girl to make her hate me, but I'm guessing she's jealous because she likes to kiss up to the teacher but I'm the most experienced member, so she can't push me out. Lol high schoolers acting like middleschoolers :|

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • Hm.... I do know that people talk behind my back, there have been obvious clues, such as people that I have never seen before coming up to me and if I'm -Insert my name here-. I really don't know anybody in my school though, I'm a loner.... But it is obvious that there are rumors going on about me, I just wish someone had the guts to say it to my face. I really don't like how people will say just about anything behind someones back and not be able to say it to ones face. It's... Annoying... But I don't bother anyone, hm.... What could they possibly be saying about me? =/

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • yes i've had it done to me loads of times and it really annoys me, and when they whisper so i can't hear what they're trying to say about me.
    it makes me angry and upset but in the end i just have to look at who my true friends are.....

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I've heard that people say stuff about me..

I was even right behind someone and they said;
    "Y'know [insert name] .. she was being a right.. [insert other stuff here] at lunch and guess what else..?" and then their friend pointed out where I was. They hadn't even noticed I was there. Jeez. -.-

I just went: "No.. carry on." .. But of course they didn't. I wanted to know what she was going to say.
    I'd rather know what people were saying about me.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I can't say it hasn't happened to me before, because there have been quite a few moments when I discovered some of my close friends (or at least friends I thought were close) were talking behind my back rudely. There have also been cases with people I don't even know who've talked behind me back. Though, I never understood why when you can't really judge someone until you meet them personally.

...Anyway, I would much rather them say it to my face rather than keep it like a secret. The truth hurts, but I wouldn't want to be made a fool thinking the one person I care about is actually talking about me behind my back.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Nope, probably because I've never done anything 'interesting' enough for people to gossip about.

Tsuki.Blossoms

:: Forever In Your Heart
    Years
  • That's happened to me once, but I didn't really care 'cause it wasn't something really bad.

I would prefer if someone said it to my face, rather then hear it from someone else.

Back