• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sayonara Pokecommunity.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Technically, life already has gotten in the way. That's why I left staff, and why my activity dropped so low for a couple of years. Though, despite all that I did still check in, and post on occasion. I'm not sure I'll ever entirely leave PC. Been with it for so long now that I'm both attached to the people, and attached to the forum itself. I'd have to leave the internet to fully leave PC, and the internet is a pretty normal part of life for most people these days, hah.

Years
    I wanted to leave because forums were taking over my life, but after that spell, that pretty lonely spell, a great friend helped me realize something. Lots of people here juggle school, work, family, and hobbies. It's all about your attitude. As long as I don't believe that I grew out of Pokemon, that for a few minutes out of my day I can contribute something substantial here, and that I am in control of my life's responsibilities first, I mean to stay as long as I prefer.

Thank you. You couldn't have put it any better.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    It's absolutely true.. People come and go. I've taken multiple hiatuses form PC but always end up coming back. Sometimes when you have made a place in your heart for something, it's hard to just push it away.

Love you, PokeCommunity.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2020
    PC is a place I visit whenever I need to kill free time, and I'm not occupied with things in real life. Or in other words, I can't escape it.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
    Years
    Hmm.. let me see... uhmm.. uh.. uh... hmm.. Nope, never seen it yet. XD

Maybe when I will old as 50 or something, lol. I really don't know yet. ^^

Years
    I don't know if I'll ever fully leave until the forum dies (please don't die PC). I'll have been here 10 years in May. It was such a huge part of my life for years and years. These days I'm nowhere near that active, but I still don't have the heart to leave completely. Even at my least active, I'll still pop in every 1-3 days just to see what's up.

This forum and you guys are awesome. Every time I see PC mentioned off-forum it makes me happy. I'm proud to have been here. <3

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I'm definitely here for March. April? Who knows!

All depends on how I settle I guess. I'll do my best to get to know people while I can while I'm here. I'm working a full time job now so I guess it'd take something eating all my remaining time if I were to disappear. I don't mind people knowing I post on forums like this. I don't really get why people are so worried about being judged for that, especially if it's someone that knows you well. Why hide a part of yourself from someone you want to be close with?

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I don't really plan on leaving anytime soon. The whole reason I am here is so I can interact with other Pokefans. :3

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
    Years
    I don't see myself leaving any time soon. The worst case scenario for me leaving now would be if I got hacked, or people were being rude, or things like that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'll probably end up leaving when I get an apartment with my girlfriend. I won't really possess the need to stay on forums once that happens.
    Or you'll end up like me, finding a balance and enough privacy to sneak on now and then anyways. Because PC's a nice place to hang about. Why leave that?

I've tried to leave in the past. Thinking that I don't need an online forum, thinking that it doesn't fit into my life, thinking that it's too silly or something like that. But now I'm honestly starting to accept that I'll likely stay here until forums become extinct. I'm not sure what it is, but there's some kind of need I have that PC manages to fill. Better go on a forum than smoke or steal! Or something.

Years
    PC is a lovely place, I wouldn't want to leave it! If I did leave, it most likely wouldn't be permanent and probably because of school. But I love PC too much to leave.

Years
    I've been on PC in some fashion for the last 6 years now, so I don't think it's just a fad or anything. I also don't expect to just decide to leave one day, either. Sure, there may come a point where I'm not as active as I am or used to be, but as long as I still have interest in Pokemon (and nothing major happens to PC), I'll be hanging around for years to come.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Huh? Leave PC? HAHAHAHA!!! Life will have to pry it from my cold dead hands. I may not post a whole lot, but I'm a chronic lurker when there's nothing better for me to do online.

I've always been a firm believer that it's nearly impossible to actually "Leave PC" forever. Such a thing is just so uncommon and unheard of that it's almost like magic.

Yes, there are other sites I go to, but PC will always have a special reserved slot on that list and I don't expect that fact to change anytime soon. Or ever.

Surely, there will be times when real life DOES drag me away, that's to be expected. But I'll always endeavor to come back as soon as I can. :3

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I honestly don't know. I've only just been here for over a year and when I look at those who've been here for 6, I've hardly been here at all. In the end, it depends where life takes me. If life takes me there, it'll take me there.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I usually tend to leave websites when my interest in them fades. My interest in the two sites I went to before disappeared one morning and I slowly faded away, but I don't really see that happening with PC, since I've made a lot more friends here. c:

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    Not too easy for me to escape from people I love~ So many nice peeps here.

Not leaving any time soon.

Back