• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Schools and their Regulations...

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
  • I Know it's horrible
    the schools in my area are the same the middle school by my house have a huge sign saying

1. No rockers
    2. No rainbows (we figured out what rainbow means)
    3. No **LGBT students
    4. No skulls
    5. No 'band' shirts

and yeah I'm serious thats what it actually says and i's not a private school it's public

Just a few questions. What does Rainbow mean?
    What does **LGBT mean? (If they are rude tell me via PM)

Also, no rockers? That's just rude. If you like rock music you can't go to that school?
    Someone should report the school you got to, if they are doing this behind the school boards back, they should defiantly be reported!

Anyway, my school is annoying, I go to Shireland,
    You may or may not know this but Shireland just became a Academy, which meant new crap uniforms (Blazer, white shirt, black trousers, black shoes (NO TRAINERS) and a tie) and your not allowed to take your blazers off, last summer I nearly fainted because of how hot I was in the blazer (It's a health risk I tell you!) they also have brought new doors that lock you outside the classroom, they spend loads of money on new sign posts, when the old ones were perfectly fine.

Yet, they can't spend any money on cleaning the toilets, and fixing them...
    We also have a dinner hall that is always full, and loud, you have to line up to get in even if you bring your own food to school, so if you can't eat in the dinner hall you have to eat outside in whatever the weather is that day, and they refuse to spend some money on building four walls and a roof so that students who can't get in the other dinner hall can get into some warmth to eat in.

We have to walk all the way to the school in the snow, when every other school in England have a snow day just to find out at lunch time, we have to walk all the way back home!

Yeah. I know, my school sucks...

EDIT: Also I get bullied right in front of teachers and they don't do anything, they just walk on...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    At my school, we're not even allowed talking about non-Christian bands ( Private School ).

It may sound bad, but they do let us have our iPods out in class, as long as all our homework is done.

latioslegends

What worries you masters you
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2019
    Well my high school ain't really strict, but my middle school will get very strict if anything bad were to happen. For example some unknown moran smeered crap all over the boy's bathroom near the gym 0__0 so we were basically lost privillage to use the bathroom anytime during class for the entire year XD. But instead of that are my schools are sort of care free.^_^

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
  • woa that is strict 0.o... My school is very easy on rules yet its not gonna aloow kids to do anything lol. In my planner it says no vulgar language use school apporpriate language lol and what do I here everyday? the f word several times over xD why just hte other day I was called a very bad word lmao for no proper reason I jsut accidentally bumped into the guy and he jsut called mne a bad word o_O... and you know sometiems I think our lunch moniters could care less o_O... They only scold us saying "sit down at the lunch tables or you'll get a refferel!!!! but lol kids throw food and what not and they don't care..weirdom... Oh and the janitor scolded a person the otherday.. o_O thats um a little weird :o

Anyway that is strict my old school was rather strict to if you didn't have a skirt/pants that didn';t reach down to your kneee it was against dress code or something.. I got in trouble for that xD it was like I had my shorts barely above my knee and I got in trouble for it..It was so dumb.. Oh and we had to wear formal wear on Wednesdays.. It was dumb.. but of course that school was private :x

PunkerThanThou

way too punx for giraffes.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    My school is...strict on nice days.
    I mean, it is a Jewish school, so I'm not 100% surprised, tbh.
    We have 9 classes a day, to start off, so I'm never actually in a good mood lmaoooo. We also have an incredibly strict dress code, and we get detention just for getting to class late. I've gotten in trouble countless of times just because I am an individual as opposed to what the school tries to get me to me. It's kind of hard to explain unless you go. :P

Years
  • We have to wear uniforms, we are required to have short hair(guys), can't wear peircings, girls can't dye their hair, they can't use colored socks, we can't grow a beard, and essentially can't wear any accessories.

And I'm fine with that. I'm not gonna be whining all the way to graduation.

Paranoid Android

Scatterbrain
    Years
  • My school have the same rules thant the Oni school, the only diference is that in my school sometimes are invasions of bats xD and we have a class called "What to do if you found bats" and im not kidding...

EDIT: my school's building is ancient and is near a very old train station... dont think that it is a satan act.

Last edited:

PunkerThanThou

way too punx for giraffes.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 31, 2008
    We have to wear uniforms, we are required to have short hair(guys), can't wear peircings, girls can't dye their hair, they can't use colored socks, we can't grow a beard, and essentially can't wear any accessories.

And I'm fine with that. I'm not gonna be whining all the way to graduation.

Well, that's great. Some of us unfortunately must practically LIVE at school, so it becomes unbearable, but I am glad that you can deal with it without the complaining.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Just a few questions. What does Rainbow mean?
    What does **LGBT mean? (If they are rude tell me via PM)

Also, no rockers? That's just rude. If you like rock music you can't go to that school?
    Someone should report the school you got to, if they are doing this behind the school boards back, they should defiantly be reported!

Anyway, my school is annoying, I go to Shireland,
    You may or may not know this but Shireland just became a Academy, which meant new crap uniforms (Blazer, white shirt, black trousers, black shoes (NO TRAINERS) and a tie) and your not allowed to take your blazers off, last summer I nearly fainted because of how hot I was in the blazer (It's a health risk I tell you!) they also have brought new doors that lock you outside the classroom, they spend loads of money on new sign posts, when the old ones were perfectly fine.

Yet, they can't spend any money on cleaning the toilets, and fixing them...
    We also have a dinner hall that is always full, and loud, you have to line up to get in even if you bring your own food to school, so if you can't eat in the dinner hall you have to eat outside in whatever the weather is that day, and they refuse to spend some money on building four walls and a roof so that students who can't get in the other dinner hall can get into some warmth to eat in.

We have to walk all the way to the school in the snow, when every other school in England have a snow day just to find out at lunch time, we have to walk all the way back home!

Yeah. I know, my school sucks...

EDIT: Also I get bullied right in front of teachers and they don't do anything, they just walk on...

LGBT stands for 'lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered/sexual', and rainbows can stand as a gay pride symbol. The gay pride flag is a six-stripe rainbow, I believe.

Anyway, blazers are really annoying to wear. They look okay on some people, but... omfg. Private school. I think they were cooking us to serve in the school kitchens. >>;

ETA: Ah, and that sucks about the bullying. At my second high school, I had rocks and things thrown at me a fair bit, and the teachers essentially told me it was my fault. o_o I literally was not doing anything but sitting down, minding my own business, with my friends. Except for looking different and thinking differently, which is always a problem at school. >>

Years
  • I'm in college. No one cares about what we do. I win 8D

I never really had a strict school. Half of the reason is probably because I've always gone to public school. We had the typical no short shorts/tank tops/too much cleavage/showing off the belly dress code, and no wearing chains, but that's about it. Oh, and I think one high school said no unusually dyed hair. I don't think it was a rule that was enforced much. :/

I wonder if living in the Midwest makes rules more lax?

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • My school really isn't that strict. I pretty much despise my principle, since he only cares about making the school look good, but for the most part... it's actually pretty fun when you're surrounded by the right people. o_o We can't wear tank tops and stuff like the school because of the risk of "BEING EXPOSED" or something like that, but it's not that big of a deal. The other clothing things that are banned, I wouldn't wear anyway, so those are all fine by me. :x

We're always having spirit days and fun events going on. A week before Christmas we had Battle of the Bands, which was really cool. We also have some pretty good clubs (Gay/Straight Alliance would be one of the ones that I find really good of the school to do, as I see that some schools aren't supportive of things like that).

The thing I could complain most about is the actual teachers and students. Some of them are really nice, but... they aren't the nicest people in the world. x_x That's why you kind of just have to bare with it.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    My school really isn't that strict. I pretty much despise my principle, since he only cares about making the school look good, but for the most part... it's actually pretty fun when you're surrounded by the right people. o_o We can't wear tank tops and stuff like the school because of the risk of "BEING EXPOSED" or something like that, but it's not that big of a deal. The other clothing things that are banned, I wouldn't wear anyway, so those are all fine by me. :x

We're always having spirit days and fun events going on. A week before Christmas we had Battle of the Bands, which was really cool. We also have some pretty good clubs (Gay/Straight Alliance would be one of the ones that I find really good of the school to do, as I see that some schools aren't supportive of things like that).

The thing I could complain most about is the actual teachers and students. Some of them are really nice, but... they aren't the nicest people in the world. x_x That's why you kind of just have to bare with it.

Your school sounds much more fun than mine, you must be having a great time over there, comparing with my school anyways. Though I am pretty content on what I have and have to follow over here at my school. I just wish the school over here would cool off with the super-strictness.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Heh... my school has to be a silly one. No one cares about anything. If you happen to wake up too late, you can wrap your hair into a horsetail, put on a sweatshirt and baggy trousers, and no one would complain about your sloppyness. It's kinda ugly when people do like that every day....but when you think about our rivaling school, where people feel sick because of the need to look like a supermodel all the time, you realize our place is... kinda nice^^
    Here, we actually fantasize about what it would be like, having to wear a uniform everyday.... Now you can wear pink hair or hat or 'palestina scarf' indoors and the teachers won't mind.

AnimeDDR110

Twizzers!
    Years
  • The school I go to are finally getting serious about their rules and requirements. Dress code is extremely strict, that they even consider stars as gang-related, seriously... stars? It doesn't end here though, the security members of the school had gotten very strict that they even have to slam the bathroom door and scream out loud, "Who's in here?" I feel really sorry for those who were actually using the bathroom at the time. There had also been a situation where a group of kids had fast restaurant food with them. They were then caught by the vice principal and were taken to the office. They were given two referrals, but that's not the worst part about it. During this, get this, the vice principle and his staff friends had eaten the food that had been taken away by the people. Now if I were in that situation, I would be pretty angry.

Besides my school though, a question for all: has your school been going through the same as the school I go to, or just something just as worse?

All of those activites going on within your school that the adults have set up are just completely uncalled for. What state do you live in?

My school really isn't that strict. I pretty much despise my principle, since he only cares about making the school look good, but for the most part...

Our school prinicpal is exactly the same =/

Schools To Watch.....We are not going to be one! Why does he keep trying?

Last edited:

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    All of those activites going on within your school that the adults have set up are just completely uncalled for. What state do you live in?

I live on California, on the southern region.

Heh... my school has to be a silly one. No one cares about anything. If you happen to wake up too late, you can wrap your hair into a horsetail, put on a sweatshirt and baggy trousers, and no one would complain about your sloppyness. It's kinda ugly when people do like that every day....but when you think about our rivaling school, where people feel sick because of the need to look like a supermodel all the time, you realize our place is... kinda nice^^
    Here, we actually fantasize about what it would be like, having to wear a uniform everyday.... Now you can wear pink hair or hat or 'palestina scarf' indoors and the teachers won't mind.

That sounds pretty awesome, wish my school were like yours. Having that much freedom would be enough for me to actually enjoy school.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    My school doesn't have those issues. That's really strict though. There's a school near me that does give you detention for stepping on the grass. So naturally, when the football team was there(me included) we all stomped all over that stuff!

Just noticed your newest post, SoCal has everything marked as either Illegal or unacceptable

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • i got out just in time. The YEAR after i left my school started getting really strict. No red, blue or yellow at all. (we dont even have gangs in our area) My friend got suspended for two weeks for having a polite disagreement with the teacher (ok, it may not have been polite, but the teacher is one of those mean ones) and girls cant wear skirts PERIOD and boys cant wear guinea tees even to gym. A curse word is a detention and dont get me started on peer heated arguments (no fists just yelling.)

They elimintated the Christian club and the Jewish club, but not anything else (Muslim, Wiccan and others, It's not that i am against them, but don't it seem like hypocrisy?)

The principals a drunk (i am not kidding)
    The PTO is out of control
    Only a few teachers that actually teach

In my school it seems more like "Political Correctness" then trying to get students to learn.

My friend wore a shirt that said this
    "I am a heterosexual and proud of it"
    5 day suspention
    Someone else wore the same shirt except it said "Homosexual"
    No complaints.
    Cant use the words "God bless"
    "In god we trust"
    And they eliminated "God" from the pledge.
    I am glad i got out when i did
    What happened?

Last edited:

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Some schools seem to be flowing nicely, but the majority of schools just seem to get more strict every year, I assume of course. Maybe after some time, we can consider some schools "jail", the only exception would probably only be actually learning, but now it seems some schools don't even care about what the students learn about.

Back