• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I've been working on a proper port of Irrlicht for RMXP, here's a sample:

2hnw67m.gif

Please note that the quality of how it really runs went down due to the screen recording.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
    Years
  • I've been working on a proper port of Irrlicht for RMXP, here's a sample:

Spoiler:

Please note that the quality of how it really runs went down due to the screen recording.

Awesome. I love it, turning RMXP into a 3D engine is amazing. Any chance could get put into essentials?

My new screens for Pokémon Chaos just reflect the major tileset updates I've been doing recently - in tandem with some new/updated maps.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Awesome. I love it, turning RMXP into a 3D engine is amazing. Any chance could get put into essentials?

Possibly, my plans are just simply getting it to work in displaying everything and being able to use all the important features of it. (such as I'm not going to bother with the FileSystem or 2D overlay because both are easily accessable in normal RGSS)

WackyTurtle

Developer
    Years
  • Awesome. I love it, turning RMXP into a 3D engine is amazing. Any chance could get put into essentials?

My new screens for Pokémon Chaos just reflect the major tileset updates I've been doing recently - in tandem with some new/updated maps.

Spoiler:

The tiles look very nice, particularly the ones with the fog overlay. I suppose my only complaint might be that the maps seem a bit empty? Maybe it's specific to the screenshots, or maybe you haven't put them in yet, but I would have thought there might be a few more NPCs walking around or something, especially in the city.

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Just updated the last batch of screens by adding NPCs to the centre-right screen and changing the waterfall since I accidentally used a private one.

Spoiler:

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Just updated the last batch of screens by adding NPCs to the centre-right screen and changing the waterfall since I accidentally used a private one.

Spoiler:

Screenshots are looking great. A couple nitpicks that I felt I should bring up, though:

• I'm not sure what exactly the rest of the speech says by that NPC, but Pyro-electric power, if it's what I think it is, actually exists in real life as geothermal energy.
    • The bridge in the bottom center looks a little bright; you may want to consider darkening it slightly.
    • The greenish tint to the waterfall is a little distracting - you could probably adjust the palette of the waterfall to match the rest of the water easily enough.

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • southrianpre.png

The world map I'm currently making for South Rian, the starting region in my game. It's set in an undefined time between 1890 and 1930 so I tried to go hard for an 'old-style' feel.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • southrianpre.png

The world map I'm currently making for South Rian, the starting region in my game. It's set in an undefined time between 1890 and 1930 so I tried to go hard for an 'old-style' feel.

Very unique, I like it, especially the gyarados, perfect effect.
    Overall it seems very daunting, but laid out in a somewhat orderly manner. One thing though, why isnt the bottom connected visibly with the top?

I mean the land mass on the left side only connects 1 way to the bigger landmass on the right side, but the bottom part that loops under it isn't connected at all.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years

Spoiler:

Another thing I would suggest, is while Pokemon doesn't generally follow the laws of science, maybe replace the wooden bridge (I think it's a wooden bridge) with a steel or maybe rock one? You know, since wood is flammable and everything. XD

Boonzeet

Pokémon Secrets of the Ages Developer
    Years
  • Very unique, I like it, especially the gyarados, perfect effect.
    Overall it seems very daunting, but laid out in a somewhat orderly manner. One thing though, why isnt the bottom connected visibly with the top?

I mean the land mass on the left side only connects 1 way to the bigger landmass on the right side, but the bottom part that loops under it isn't connected at all.

Thank you :) The game starts in the lower left and the island above it is post-game. If you mean the bit in the lower right, that's Victory Road!

Should I connect the island to the starting area?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Thank you :) The game starts in the lower left and the island above it is post-game. If you mean the bit in the lower right, that's Victory Road!

Should I connect the island to the starting area?

Oh, I thought the game began on the island, if it is a post game then it's perfectly fine - It's like that island from diamond and pearl

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Screenshots are looking great. A couple nitpicks that I felt I should bring up, though:

• I'm not sure what exactly the rest of the speech says by that NPC, but Pyro-electric power, if it's what I think it is, actually exists in real life as geothermal energy.
    • The bridge in the bottom center looks a little bright; you may want to consider darkening it slightly.
    • The greenish tint to the waterfall is a little distracting - you could probably adjust the palette of the waterfall to match the rest of the water easily enough.

I can and will at a later date as I will with the bridge. While geothermal energy exists that is not what Pyro Electrics is in the game it's slightly different.

Another thing I would suggest, is while Pokemon doesn't generally follow the laws of science, maybe replace the wooden bridge (I think it's a wooden bridge) with a steel or maybe rock one? You know, since wood is flammable and everything. XD

You are now the third person to nitpick at the bridge and I was planning on changing it but at a later date.

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Just remember, procrastination is just like masturbation. In the end... You're just ♥♥♥♥ing yourself. {:3}

Firstly, I hate references to anything like that. I'm not that kind of guy. Secondly, it 'aint procrastination; its "I've-got-my-exams-at-the-moment-so-while-I-can-visit-the-forums-in-my-revision-breaks-I-can't-afford-to-spend-to-much-time-on-RMXP".

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
  • Firstly, I hate references to anything like that. I'm not that kind of guy. Secondly, it 'aint procrastination; its "I've-got-my-exams-at-the-moment-so-while-I-can-visit-the-forums-in-my-revision-breaks-I-can't-afford-to-spend-to-much-time-on-RMXP".

Chill bro, it was mostly a joke! :)

I couldn't know it was because of IRL stuff you were postponing it.

It's just; in my experience, postponing minor things like this to work on the major things, usually just tends to make the minor things pile up and get forgotten.

Good luck on your exams!

Rayquaza.

Years
  • Ah, I assumed it was either just a terminology issue or a deliberate choice of words on your part.

Pretty much. The idea being that the town sits on top of a magma chamber and as a result gets no conventional power.

Chill bro, it was mostly a joke! :)

I couldn't know it was because of IRL stuff you were postponing it.

It's just; in my experience, postponing minor things like this to work on the major things, usually just tends to make the minor things pile up and get forgotten.

Good luck on your exams!

I make sure the minor stuff gets fixed so that doesn't happen. Thanks.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Screenshots are looking great. A couple nitpicks that I felt I should bring up, though:

Technically, Geothermal energy would be Thermal energy that is trapped under the earth's crust from the core, the energy he is powering is from volcanic magma

However that being said, pyroelectricity is already a thing, and I don't believe it is what he is referring to, though I could very well be wrong. But if we're splitting hairs here, it would most likely be a form of pyroelectricity, and not thermal energy for obvious reasons.

The m

???
    Years
  • Hey guys another thing from me,

I want opinions on the design of the map as well as on the region.

lenaroh_map__remade__by_ahmad2334-d7eu67h.png

This was all made from scratch (Custom style).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back