• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
  • Big Fun!
    Nothing special at all, just a couple imported models into Unity. I have scripted a basic player for Brendan in C# and he is moving around and jumping, but I have not fleshed out the animations yet - I wanted to work on that this weekend a bit as well as mess with some of the nodes.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • Big Fun!
    Nothing special at all, just a couple imported models into Unity. I have scripted a basic player for Brendan in C# and he is moving around and jumping, but I have not fleshed out the animations yet - I wanted to work on that this weekend a bit as well as mess with some of the nodes.

Very cool! I was playing around with this and posted a playable web demo a while ago(I.. think in this thread, actually) where I just enabled a model of the male XY protagonist to wander around. Unity's animation system has gotten a lot better lately. Have you tried experimenting with shader effects on that Primal Groudon model? You could probably get the magma in the markings to bubble dynamically if you do a little bit of editing on it.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • Very cool! I was playing around with this and posted a playable web demo a while ago(I.. think in this thread, actually) where I just enabled a model of the male XY protagonist to wander around. Unity's animation system has gotten a lot better lately. Have you tried experimenting with shader effects on that Primal Groudon model? You could probably get the magma in the markings to bubble dynamically if you do a little bit of editing on it.

I had just started playing with Unity and Blender yesterday, unfortunately Blender has a number of missing bones for these models that need to be replaced - either that or I need to figure out 3DS Max, which seemed a bit more challenging for me.

I have not dabbled into shader effects to really try and get them functioning just yet. My primary focus was on establishing project structure, importing objects, basic C#, and now rigging and animating. Shaders will come in due time, but I did not see it as being that high on my priority list atm. It was something I wanted to focus on though, which is why I chose to use Primal Groudon so I have it for later. I am always down for some tips, advice, or educational assistance :).

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
  • I had just started playing with Unity and Blender yesterday, unfortunately Blender has a number of missing bones for these models that need to be replaced - either that or I need to figure out 3DS Max, which seemed a bit more challenging for me.

I have not dabbled into shader effects to really try and get them functioning just yet. My primary focus was on establishing project structure, importing objects, basic C#, and now rigging and animating. Shaders will come in due time, but I did not see it as being that high on my priority list atm. It was something I wanted to focus on though, which is why I chose to use Primal Groudon so I have it for later. I am always down for some tips, advice, or educational assistance :).
    If you want to save yourself a bit of hassle on the rigging and animation, all of the XYORAS models seem to be well-weighted - just create the animations in Unity's Animation Editor instead of Blender or 3DS Max using the transform data for each anchor point in the Inspector.

If you ever need to pick my brain on something on this subject, feel free to drop me a line - UNITE is going fairly smoothly so far and is likely to be approaching a point where its battle system could be something usable soon.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    Decided to combine two of my favorite things together, and it turned out to be pretty interesting.

A video's better than a screenshot, right?

That's amazing, it's everything a Sans and Papyrus cameo needs.

Finished the text and textbox for my Mother Styled Game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2020
    So I decided to create a fangame, but since I'm a complete noob with RMXP and Essentials, I thought it was a good idea to create the region map while learning the rest ^^

The region map is supposed to be really mountainy and have no sea. Also, it is in DPPt style, don't know why it is never used.

So here's Yurope (intended reference is intended):

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    So I decided to create a fangame, but since I'm a complete noob with RMXP and Essentials, I thought it was a good idea to create the region map while learning the rest ^^

The region map is supposed to be really mountainy and have no sea. Also, it is in DPPt style, don't know why it is never used.

So here's Yurope (intended reference is intended):

All I can really say is, the routes seem kind of long, espcially the ones between the two L shaped towns. Would you be able to grab a bike and just straight-cycle to those towns?

Something I am working on. A more modern looking FRLG, while using FRLG's Art Style.
    Story will be more developed too.

Anyway, this is Route 1, where the berry tree is near the Gatehouse.

Bill Cipher

Call me Fuxydia~!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2016
    A bit of a style/premise mismatch imo. Firstly a game not-intended to have a dual screen having one, but then secondly using BW's graphics with it.

That's not to say it can't work, as it certainly can. I feel like firstly, it would help big time to only use colors from a GBA pallete, just to set the tone. But stylistically, I myself would like to see maybe a reskin of an actual r/s/e/fr/lg menu in the c-gear format, to truly make it fit.

For instance the pokenav menu from R/S/E has a very technological esque style that would not be out of place for the menu. Otherwise FRLG has the fame checker menu you could try.

But those are just suggestions, I'm interested to see how it evolves no matter what you do with it :)

Re-doing the bottom screen.
    Using PokéNav Graphics for it, but adding a map on the bottom screen.
    It doesn't work yet, but what I have planned is the player's head will move depending on the location, and display text, which will be the player's location.

So, in this shot, it would say "Viridian City"

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    Decided to combine two of my favorite things together, and it turned out to be pretty interesting.

A video's better than a screenshot, right?
    Funny how I ended up doing this before I discovered this video's existence.

Though now that I think about it, should he really have a full team or a single Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Heres a little something I have been working on for a while, just wanting to no what you guys think.Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back