• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Screenshot/Music Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019

Something I'm doing for the Relic Castle Game Jam.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I did more work on my GBA-styled engine for Essentials.

Spoiler:

There's still work to be done, but I think I'll be finished in a week or two weeks.

some graphics belong to the now defunct project Project Platinum

Franzo

Developing something...
    Years
  • Spoiler:

That looks really nice!
    I've wanted to make something in essentials with all GBA aspects.
    Looking forward to the release.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    It's been a while since I've worked on it, but I'll probably start programming again sometime soon. I found a gif showcasing pretty much everything I programmed so far, so here you go.
    Spoiler:

This is also not made in RPG Maker but built from scratch in Game Maker 8.1.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • That looks really nice!
    I've wanted to make something in essentials with all GBA aspects.
    Looking forward to the release.

I'm not even sure if I'm going to release this, I probably will after editing out stuff more specific to my game (and making it more user friendly cause right now some stuff is not very easily editable.)

Franzo

Developing something...
    Years
  • I'm not even sure if I'm going to release this, I probably will after editing out stuff more specific to my game (and making it more user friendly cause right now some stuff is not very easily editable.)

That sounds fair, you could keep it for yourself and make a unique looking game.
    Still will be great either way.

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
    Years
  • Just something random. I could not resist.

Spoiler:

Those blue things are will'o'wisps (still a concept: they need a proper sprite xD).

Credits for the tilesets (note that I edited them all):
    If I forgot someone, please send me a PM and I'll add you.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • I know xD, i have fixed it already, thank you ~^^~

I like the idea though, it's pretty cool and I assume it works the same as in the games?
    Also it looks a bit weird how you can see the tile underneath but then a grass over it moving, you might want to make it an animation instead where instead of the tile moving, it's blades of grass moving. It might look better, I don't really know

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
    Years
  • Yes, its a grass phenomenos. Its a picture using a script to move above the tile xD, i can adjust the picture to the grass blade but im still not good enough in Spriter thingy xD

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • Yes, its a grass phenomenos. Its a picture using a script to move above the tile xD, i can adjust the picture to the grass blade but im still not good enough in Spriter thingy xD

have you looked at the animation list, I'm thinking of the animation that plays when you walk through grass, it might look good if you used that for phenomenos

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023

Done in Game Maker 8. The first screenshot is just a test map, not an actual intended map. I know my way around Game Maker pretty well, so I'm making a Pokémon engine in it. Coding everything is actually pretty easy (but time consuming) since all the info I need is on Bulbapedia. I already have a fully working party system that's designed to imitate the RAM used by the official games to hold party data (but the party screen UI itself is WIP).

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • @Chaos Rush that looks amazing. The style is so nifty. I would definitely use it if you made public

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
  • Took a few new screenshots of Infinite Fusion to showcase the new stuff I've been working on since the next demo won't be before a while. Mainly, I've added the BW speech bubbles, changed the battle backgrounds, added the time of the day, and mapped a few new areas. 

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
    Years
  • This game looks like it will be a lot of fun. So many different fusions to try out, so little time.

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    Here is a work-in-progress screenshot of an Android app I'm working, which happens to be a PokeWalker for Essentials.
    Spoiler:

Aside from the number of steps and watts, I am currently stuck on what to put on the lower part. Also, it's big because I tested it on a tablet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back