• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello, new hacker here.

So, I'm trying to get into hacking and I'm playing around with FireRed now.

My question:

When I look at Brock's vanilla script in FireRed, there's like millions of ''Cleartrainerflag xxx'' commands in there.
    What do these even do and if I were to make a new Gym leader script myself from scratch could I just leave all these ''Cleartrainerflags'' out?

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
    Years
  • Hello, new hacker here.

So, I'm trying to get into hacking and I'm playing around with FireRed now.

My question:

When I look at Brock's vanilla script in FireRed, there's like millions of ''Cleartrainerflag xxx'' commands in there.
    What do these even do and if I were to make a new Gym leader script myself from scratch could I just leave all these ''Cleartrainerflags'' out?
    The clear trainer flags allow you to rebattle a trainer again. Setting a trainer flag prevents you from fighting for example Brock again. If you leave it out, you won't be able to fight Brock again. Fire red uses the whole after beating the elite 4 thing or whatever you can rebattle the gym leaders once. That's all. If you got rid of the cleartrainerflags the player won't be able to fight Brock twice. O it's fine to leave those out.

AriArk

Survey Corps
    Years
  • Hey,
    I'm looking for a Pokemon Center Nurse Joy script (one to heal my pokemon) for JPAN's Fire Red Hacked Engine.
    For some reason the old one from a clean rom was causing bugs, so I was pointed here to get some help with a new Pokemon Center script.
    Thx for any help :)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Hey,
    I'm looking for a Pokemon Center Nurse Joy script (one to heal my pokemon) for JPAN's Fire Red Hacked Engine.
    For some reason the old one from a clean rom was causing bugs, so I was pointed here to get some help with a new Pokemon Center script.
    Thx for any help :)

Heres a basic one, it doesnt use any of her special animations though:
    Spoiler:

Now this is a basic one but it could be tweaked to fit your needs.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • Hello guys, I know that my question includes script,
    I want to make a roaming Pokemon in FireRed. What will be the script for that?
    Also, Upon applying that roaming script, can I use callasm 0xShinizer routine offset+1?
    So that, that roaming pokemon is shiny?
    Thanks

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • Hello guys, I know that my question includes script,
    I want to make a roaming Pokemon in FireRed. What will be the script for that?
    Also, Upon applying that roaming script, can I use callasm 0xShinizer routine offset+1?
    So that, that roaming pokemon is shiny?
    Thanks

Shinyizer ly wont work with that because it goes to the next wildbattle afaik.
    Same with jpans special 51. You may be able to find/make a routine that will set the roaming pokemon to always be shiny or something of the such. But I havent seen anything like that.

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • Shinyizer ly wont work with that because it goes to the next wildbattle afaik.
    Same with jpans special 51. You may be able to find/make a routine that will set the roaming pokemon to always be shiny or something of the such. But I havent seen anything like that.

Ahhh, DarkSneasel linked me a thread on how to make a swarming Pokemon, but I dont know what is the tutorial talks about, I even google translate it and I dont know how to get the exact byte I will insert in the second variable...
    here's the link http://wahackforo.com/t-27909/pokemon-errantes-investigacion-fire-red-esmeralda-finalizada

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Rom: Pokemon FireRed
    Script Editor: XSE

This is a playback map script I created. Upon entering the map, the movement occurs and then a text box appears with my text in it. After that, text boxes with weird writings keep coming up and the hero becomes locked. The music plays fine, though.

In advance map, under header, map script type is [02], flag is set to 4011, value 0.
    Can anyone point out the problems in my script?

Spoiler:

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Rom: Pokemon FireRed
    Script Editor: XSE

This is a playback map script I created. Upon entering the map, the movement occurs and then a text box appears with my text in it. After that, text boxes with weird writings keep coming up and the hero becomes locked. The music plays fine, though.

In advance map, under header, map script type is [02], flag is set to 4011, value 0.
    Can anyone point out the problems in my script?

Spoiler:

Faceplayer uses lasttalked (var 0x800E) iirc. It only really works when you talk to an NPC. Try without it.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • My problematic script is doing better, for some reason, separating in to different sections helped solve some of the issues. For a while, I had a strange issue where many changes I made went unchanged, and instead random garbage was inserted instead. Many resets and rearrangements had to be made, and though most of it's okay now, I still don't know what caused that. Most of it's finished, save for one last nitpick. I want to know how to set the clock's color when setting the time. I moved the clock event into part of an existing script, and while it is functional, the color switches. When setting it, it's pink despite being male. Once it's done, checking on it will make it blue as always. How do I set it to be blue when setting the time?

This is the script, with the clock part at offset 0x24FF51
    Spoiler:

New issue. Visiting the neighbor's house prompts the "Go to your room and set the clock" script. What is required for me to remove that? Like the clock event, this isn't easy to track down.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2014
    Faceplayer uses lasttalked (var 0x800E) iirc. It only really works when you talk to an NPC. Try without it.

It seems like that wasn't the issue. I removed the faceplayer command but the same thing happened.

I tried removing the setvar command but the hero still gets locked though no weird text appear.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • It seems like that wasn't the issue. I removed the faceplayer command but the same thing happened.

I tried removing the setvar command but the hero still gets locked though no weird text appear.

Oh I didn't realize this was a level script. You probably missed the removal of that 0xFF.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • While I'd still like help with the clock thing, the script is basically finished so I'm continuing in the meantime. This time, I'm taking my second big step in scripting, making a tile script from scratch. I can make person events just fine, but activating tile-based scripts requires a bit more. Here's my attempt, I'll have to some sort of flags at some point, but at the moment I'm just worrying about getting it to work first.

Here it is as I made it:
    Spoiler:

Here's how it looks after it's inserted:
    Spoiler:

As I feared, it isn't working. When I step on the script tile, I just become stuck, nothing else is happening. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • @U.Flame Have you set the tile up correctly? Have a look at KarateKid's Tutorial (Script Tile section) - if you don't have a variable assigned the script won't run.

Ah, thank you! It activates now! There is a problem in the script however.
    It stops after the gender-specific dialogue. I though setting it to return would continue it but it looks like I'm making a mistake. What did I do wrong?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    On your checkgender part, change the 'goto' to 'call' which should allow it to return successfully /).

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Yes! Thanks again! /) It's going much better now! So, just a small nitpick, is there a way to move the camera when teleporting the player? I want it to be a bit more centered.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back