• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    O_O I can't believe it was that simple. I don't normally use Look Down, but I copied that directly from the original game to not mess it up. So that's the last thing I would have expected. But yep, that was it. Thanks so much!

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    Hi, ok, so I promise I won't harass you much more, but my rockets are still crashing when they walk to me.

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    After your trainer battle you've got a random @pointer - it needs a goto or call command. Similarly, your rocketafter string has no ending. It needs either a release/end bit or return back to the original section.

Years
  • Hi, ok, so I promise I won't harass you much more, but my rockets are still crashing when they walk to me.

Spoiler:

Tell me if that'll work :D

Mystelex

Hi ! A big problem here ! The hidepokepic command doesn't work for me ! I mean the showpokepic command displays the picture but the hidepokepic command doesn't work and the game , then freezes. It still stays on the screen.

Can someone help me with this problem ?

Years
  • Hi ! A big problem here ! The hidepokepic command doesn't work for me ! I mean the showpokepic command displays the picture but the hidepokepic command doesn't work and the game , then freezes. It still stays on the screen.

Can someone help me with this problem ?

You're script looks like this, right?

Spoiler:

Right, right? Add some sort of another command between them. Like, say msgbox. So, it will be like this:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    i have this script
    Spoiler:

and i got
    Error 13 "type MIsmatch" over line 11
    misses #define

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • i have this script
    Spoiler:

and i got
    misses #define

I researched and found this post, this person had the same problem:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4211297&postcount=14
    So just add #define in front of line 11 and that should work.. But there should be no problem at all, as the script compiles fine for me.

Hi Metapod23 ! How are you ? Any news about AshGray ?

Why don't you try contacting him by PM/VM or if you want news about AshGray, then in the AshGray thread, and not in the Script Help Thread?

Last edited:
    Years
  • i have this script
    Spoiler:

and i got
    misses #define

Try downloading the XSE 1.1.1 link in my signature. And, then remake your script, that should work.

BazTheProgrammer

Working on a Pokemon ROM hack I hope to release it
    Years
  • Hi, I am trying to make a script tile in Pokemon fire red that makes an NPC move when you step on it. Although it isn't working.
    Spoiler:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Hi, I am trying to make a script tile in Pokemon fire red that makes an NPC move when you step on it. Although it isn't working.
    Spoiler:

Fixes are in red.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    This is my first post . i want you to tell me how do you become an expert.

This could be better suited in Quick Questions and Answers? But you could be more specific. Just read some tutorials in the Tutorials section, or check out the stickies in the Beginners Lounge, there's stuff to help you with scripting, and anything else.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Hi, I am trying to make a script tile in Pokemon fire red that makes an NPC move when you step on it. Although it isn't working.
    Spoiler:

I already fixed your script in the thread you made :) the key is a variable, remember?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back