• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Script Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
  • Spoiler:

I can't help you with all of the script but for startersno pun intended you need to change @option1, @option2 and @option3 to @Bulbasaur, @Charmander and @Squirtle. You should also put a multichoice number on the bolded part. To create new multichoice box you could use LSA Multichoice editor by LocksmithArmy. It really is handy.

LeiAlcantara025

Hack Expert Most IN Mapping
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2019
    I can't help you with all of the script but for startersno pun intended you need to change @option1, @option2 and @option3 to @Bulbasaur, @Charmander and @Squirtle. You should also put a multichoice number on the bolded part. To create new multichoice box you could use LSA Multichoice editor by LocksmithArmy. It really is handy.

Thanks but can you make it clear about multichoice numbers coz when i insert that the choice are Hall Of Fame and exit and Hall of Fame refers as Bulbasaur and exit as charmander idk what to fix and how :(

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Thanks but can you make it clear about multichoice numbers coz when i insert that the choice are Hall Of Fame and exit and Hall of Fame refers as Bulbasaur and exit as charmander idk what to fix and how :(

You need to use the proper multichoice box in your situation you need to create a custom multichoice box and it's fairly easy. First is download this: LSA Multichoice Box Editor by Locksmitharmy then Repoint the table and create a custom multichoice box. You need to learn the basics of using Multichoice box to have a better understading of it. This has a nice tutorial about Multichoice Box

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    I need help with this script to make an npc appear after a flag is set but not be there before the flag is set.

I have this so far:

Spoiler:

Only problem is if I set the person ID to a flag that's been set so that the person isn't there before entering the map, the person will just have the image but can't be talked to.

So yeah usually for events I'll have a person hidden but then use showsprite during the event, it works because you don't have to talk to them. Since you do here it doesn't.

Thanks

Years
  • Ok so if I'm understanding this correctly, you're wanting a person event/OW to be visible after this script is through, correct? Level scripting this out could work. hidesprite 0xD hidesprite 0xE(the two things I saw from your script) upon entering the map ONLY IF a variable or a flag has not been set. In this case it looks like flag 0x15C. So a 'if 0x1 goto @end', where end is just a pointer to the command end.

There are probably other ways to do this but this is one way to do it.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Ok so if I'm understanding this correctly, you're wanting a person event/OW to be visible after this script is through, correct? Level scripting this out could work. hidesprite 0xD hidesprite 0xE(the two things I saw from your script) upon entering the map ONLY IF a variable or a flag has not been set. In this case it looks like flag 0x15C. So a 'if 0x1 goto @end', where end is just a pointer to the command end.

There are probably other ways to do this but this is one way to do it.

Or you could just assign it a flag, set it, and clear it after the event.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Is there a way for trainerbattle 0x9 to determine who won or lost in a fight?
    don't know about 0x9 specifically, but if you take the trainer ID and put a 5 in front of it, you have the trainer flag. It is set to 0x1 when you beat said trainer. For example, let's say I'm using trainer id 0x60. If I want to see if the player has won the battle, i could use something like:
    checkflag 0x560
    if 0x1 goto @won

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • don't know about 0x9 specifically, but if you take the trainer ID and put a 5 in front of it, you have the trainer flag. It is set to 0x1 when you beat said trainer. For example, let's say I'm using trainer id 0x60. If I want to see if the player has won the battle, i could use something like:
    checkflag 0x560
    if 0x1 goto @won

Hi thanks for the reply! I have another question what if the trainer's id is something like 0x100?

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • Hi thanks for the reply! I have another question what if the trainer's id is something like 0x100?

I know that there is a specific command/variable that stores the result of the last battle the player took part in, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I believe it's present in legendary wildbattle scripts, check there for any funny business. It should be checked in the part that makes the legendary "fly away" if the player runs from the battle. I'm almost certain that that can be used in trainerbattles as well.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • I know that there is a specific command/variable that stores the result of the last battle the player took part in, but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. I believe it's present in legendary wildbattle scripts, check there for any funny business. It should be checked in the part that makes the legendary "fly away" if the player runs from the battle. I'm almost certain that that can be used in trainerbattles as well.

I see! I'll check it out then I'll edit this once I figure something out hehe

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    Hi I need help in script adding I am making new thread "The jotho journey of ash so I need to give that Pokemon's that ash have in kanto region how I give him that Pokemon's in start of game

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Hi I need help in script adding I am making new thread "The jotho journey of ash so I need to give that Pokemon's that ash have in kanto region how I give him that Pokemon's in start of game

You'll need XSE. As for the script, It's better to learn it yourself. Experience is the best teacher, they said. Here.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    Hacking: Emerald

Spoiler:

Okay, having a bit of problem with nicknaming. Have tried numerous different codes around but one gave me the set clock screen instead of the nicknaming and then I got ones that were just plain black (music still plays tho). No errors in actual scripting, everything works fine apart from the nicknaming (aka if I don't give a nickname everything works fine).

So I wouldn't mind the Special code for a start, and any other place that I may be going wrong.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    You'll need XSE. As for the script, It's better to learn it yourself. Experience is the best teacher, they said. Here.[/QUOTE/]

The but I is becoming difficult for me I just need to release my alpha 1 in 2 weeks and my 3 episode are reming because of script I need help I need good member in my team who is good script maker

Years
  • @hedger: You actually need a 'call 0x81A74EB', which is the thing that'll let you nickname your Pokémon.

@r: I can't understand a word that you said except that you couldn't understand the thread and you needed someone to do it for you. There is no one who will script for you. You need to learn it yourself, and the easiest way to do that is through the thread that Sniper gave you. Experiment a little with the information in that thread and then you'll be able to do all the scripting yourself.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • You'll need XSE. As for the script, It's better to learn it yourself. Experience is the best teacher, they said. Here.

The but I is becoming difficult for me I just need to release my alpha 1 in 2 weeks and my 3 episode are reming because of script I need help I need good member in my team who is good script maker

Then you should recruit one here cause this is a script help thread not for taking request. Good luck though!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back