• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Search engines

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I use Google through a Duckduckgo proxy, which is pretty neat because of a couple of reasons. Not only stops it Trackers and third party advertisment, but it also makes me able to manipulate the output quite a bit, considering most of the search results I'd get by not using a proxy would be in my own language and unfortunatly those are way inferior than those I'm looking for. ^^

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    Goooooooooogle! It has always given me great links to the things that I search for and a lot of them too. And since they own YouTube the accounts are linked so I have no reason to switch search engines.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    I would love to be able to say that I am using DuckDuckGo, but I am not :( If I ever make the switch to all Linux I will probably do it though... Currently my WIndows pc's use Google while my Linux pc's use DuckDuckGo out of principle ;)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I use google. XD I realize I actually use it a little too much. Like, I literally use it for just about everything I search for. I've tried other search engines, but I think Google takes the cake for me.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Google all the way, because I've been using it ever since I'm starting to go online, and it's one of the most experienced web search engine. I might resort to Bing if Google goes down, though.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Google, because the search shows instantly instead other searchers out there might need to refreshen the tab/window.

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
    Years
    Google <3
    Almost every search engine ends up in google, so why not =D?
    And also, google comes up with the best results ^^

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
    I use google for everything! Google is my favorite due to eazy assesibility I can look up a problem bam I fix problem. Google got mojo

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I primarily use Google because its my homepage. I wouldn't really know what to do if it were shut down, forcing me to use something else... It's not that fun to say I need to Yahoo something or Bing something. I want to Google something.

I do use Bing once a day and click around to earn points to redeem towards $5 giftcards. I like freebies...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I mostly use Google as I use Chrome as my browser and Google supports it a lot, etc. But in all honesty I don't care much about the engine, as long as I find what I want. Google does that, mostly, but if it's down for a while I wouldn't hesitate to use Bing, Yahoo or something else.

One thing is for sure, I need to constantly use one of them. I would be completely lost if all of them were down at once.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I used to go with Yahoo but then I got sick of seeing the news articles and such since they were usually depressing and distracting so then I changed over to Google. I've been using Google for years now. I like it because it's clean, fast and does he job without any extra crap.

If Google was taken down, I'd go back with Yahoo because it was fine as well.

I hate Bing. It's messy, confusing and seeing its ads all over drove me crazy.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
    Google's the only one for me, even if every computer (and person) around me tries to shove Naver down my throat on a daily basis.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    DuckDuckGo as my main search engine and Google by proxy when I don't get the search results I want. Aside from privacy benefits, I find duckduckgo's "!" feature incredibly useful, especially when I want to search for something on the website directly. E.g. searching YouTube videos without having to go to the YouTube homepage first.

Back