• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Season 3: Signup Tournament (winner: Dragon, runner-up: Nah)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Semifinals are here at last!

Dragon gets a bye

Aaron vs Nah

Deadline is Wednesday, May 10th at 11:59 p.m. EDT.

Sirfetch’d

Wolf's internet is down so I will go ahead and post the finals!

Dragon vs Nah

Deadline is Friday, May 12th at 11:59 p.m. EDT.

Best of luck you two!

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Wolf's internet is down so I will go ahead and post the finals!

Dragon vs Nah

Deadline is Friday, May 12th at 11:59 p.m. EDT.

Best of luck you two!

Does Nah have to win twice to win?

Sirfetch’d

What about the Double Elim? Dragon hasn't lost yet, so if he loses once he just loses the entire thing now?

・Double elimination (and only one finals match)

this is what wolf put in the OP, so going by that, yes. Remember though this tournament is just for warmups and for gauging activity. This has no bearing on PCL at all really so it's not going to be too formal or serious.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
・Double elimination (and only one finals match)

this is what wolf put in the OP, so going by that, yes. Remember though this tournament is just for warmups and for gauging activity. This has no bearing on PCL at all really so it's not going to be too formal or serious.

Oh darn I didn't read, my bad.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I mean, I'd be fine with having to have to win twice to get first place

y'know, if I can even beat Shawn lol

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
So Shawn and I battled:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-gen7ou-260696
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-gen7ou-260699
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pokecommunity-gen7ou-260701

I sort of insisted on doing more than one after winning the first match since it doesn't feel right to me to win a double-elim tournament from loser's side without beating the person on winner's side twice, although Shawn says he's cool with it:
[10:31] ~Futabaa Sakura: well I think you still technically won the tour cause you won the first battle

So I don't know what you wanna do.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Eh, I don't mind either way; I think Nah wins cause the round is technically only one battle - that he won?

But if you guys wanna look at the other replays too for coverage, you can do so as well for some battling tips, etc.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Sure, I was going to say that you two could do more than one battle if you both agree to it. I only made it one battle to shorten the tournament length, but in retrospect it doesn't make much sense.

Congrats to Shawn for winning the signup tournament! I'll post about where we're going to go from here later today.

Sirfetch’d

Congrats, Shawn! Nah I want to congratulate you as well. This was a really fun and very successful signup tournament. The majority of the battles were completed in a timely fashion and the outlook for this PCL is very bright.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Since this tournament was a way to test everyone's activity and ability to keep up with the match-ups, esperance and O'aka will be omitted from Season 1 for inadequate scheduling and not completing battle(s). This is the updated roster:

1. wolf (GMT -4)
  2. Dragon (Aerithhh, Captain Syrup, Esper Terra) (GMT -4)
  3. Choice Specs (GMT -5)
  4. Chrollo (Kurapika, Killua, pabloocean) (GMT -7)
  5. Decidueye (ddrox13) (GMT -4)
  6. Noa (Captain Noanoa) (GMT -7)
  7. Aurora (GMT +10)
  8. Christos (GMT +1)
  9. gimmepie (GMT +8)
  10. Nah (Zekrom52) (GMT -4)
  11. Aaron (Rabinov) (GMT +1)
  12. 5qwerty (GMT -4)
  13. punkysaur (GMT +5:30)
  14. ShanWow (Shan of the Dead) (GMT -6)
  15. Sam1994 (blackcharizard94) (GMT +5:30)
  16. FireSnow (vsich4) (GMT -6)
Due to the necessity of maintaining an odd number of members per clan, players 13-16 will not have normal clan member positions. They'll be drafted into clans like others, but the clan heads will have to replace someone with their extra member for 2 weeks (same member can't be replaced twice).

Furthermore, Chase and I have decided to make Christos and Aurora the new clan heads! The draft is planned to occur on the evening of May 12th EDT, while Week 1 (first set of the match-ups for Season 1) will start ~2 days later. However, we're still ironing out the details.

Years
aaaaaaaa, good matches you two! I'm infuriated with myself though for managing to throw away the winner's spot and then fluffing up the end to loser's finals, hahahaha.

Can't wait for PCL though! Woop!

At least you didn't get completely destroyed in both your matches :')

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
The draft has ended!

Ghosts of Perdition
wolf (head)
5qwerty
Izuku
ShanWow (auxiliary)

Brave Altaria
Dragon (head)
Choice Specs
Decidueye
Sam1994 (auxiliary)

Tenacious Toxapexes
Aurora (head)
gimmepie
Nah
punkysaur (auxiliary)

Undecided Name
Christos (head)
Aaron
Noa
FireSnow (auxiliary)

Week 1 is starting on May 15th EDT. The Mega Metagross suspect test should be over by then.

Last edited:
Back