• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Sequels or third version?

Sequels or third version?

• Total voters
Years
  • If they do something like they did with BW2 and add more cool new areas, then i'd rather see sequel games that actually continue the story lines than just rehashed stuff like with Emerald and Platinum.

But at the same time, it might be hard for them to make sequel games given what happens to Team Flare after you beat them... I'm sure something will happen, though.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • How about a One-Game Sequel. A third version with an entirely new story.

Flare failed to launch their evil plans, the never got of the ground. So... in their absence... A established team from another region returns...

TEAM ROCKET invades Kalos to steal Mega Stones. Each major boss would have Mega Evolutions. **Consider** how many Kanto Pokemon got Mega-Evolutions, that would motivate Team Rocket to return as they are already familiar with most the Mega Pokemon.

And maybe Lysander is alive... Ironically the massive explosion is quite ambiguous as to his survival.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Definitely a sequel. I'd like a better story, longer game, and way more post game material to do! I'm probably a bit biased because BW2 are my favorite Pokémon games and they're sequels.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Sequels are alright, but the thought of Zygarde makes me think that we might get a 3rd version of the game instead of sequels. I personally don't see other legendaries, moreso Xerneas and Yveltal getting formes of their own or anything like that.

I personally prefer sequels. I want more stuff to do, and more Pokemon in the wild. Hopefully there's more new stuff in there too. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    I think it's sequels maybe in a new region that's next to kalos, actually this video made me assume this:
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJU4yY5r0K0[/ame]

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Am I the only one that wants to see region DLCs?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    I'd like to see something original done like they did with b2/w2. I definitely something cool is going to happen whatever it is. They seem like they want to expand the story. We only learn briefly about the war of Kalos, we never fully learn whether Lysandre lives or not, and there are a lot of side things that go unanswered (what happened to the reporter in Lumiose city?) These are just a few things that make me believe that they will expand the story. Not necessarily sequels (prequels have a good chance in my opinion.), but something that follows or proceeds what happened in x/y.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would like a combination of the two. Making a new region and exploring with with a few more new pokemon, but it still stay in the 6th Gen, but that would be kinda hard unless they push the legendaries back in the pokedex.

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
    Years
  • I like a lot of the ideas im reading, a prequel to reveal Sycamores and Lysandres connection, or how the 3 legendary pokemon relate, or both! If they made a sequel though, how about Malva and Siebold from the Elite Four take over Lysandre's spot in Team Flare? Not sure if Malva is with Team Flare but she talks about them whenever you face her. I thought her persuading Siebold to become evil and rename Team Flare, and then try to take over the world would be an awesome sequel! Make it take place 3-5 years after X/Y though. Another thing i have to mention real quick, the clothing in X/Y. Loved how we could customize our character but, can the guys get a little more options? I know it may make me sound like a fashionista but i felt that the guy didnt have alot of options. There wasnt alot of options in the headwear department or the accessories, where are the headbands? why cant he/she hold anything, like an umbrella or a walking stick? It might be a bad idea but how about special costumes, a ninja, or a pirate, or even original Pkmn Trainer Red? Just some ideas that either in a sequel or different version would make me buy it...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Third Version here.. mostly because I REALLy want to see a Pokemon Z and laugh hysterically at it

All silliness aside though, it would be nice if it was just a sequal to whats already in place. Why not just make it an expansion pack to whats already there? 3ds does allow for patching, so its not like an entirely new game needs to be made. I think that could be why so much is absent in the post game. But it's just a theory anyway.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • I hope they name them XX and XY...If not, then I'm going with Z...

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2014
    I guess I'm pretty flexible and would be okay with either, but I would prefer a sequel akin to Black 2/White 2, those games felt like they added so much more. Regardless of what happens, though, I will be getting the newest installment (whenever that happens).

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
    Years
  • I never bought B2/W2 because, like mentioned before, that to me it seems repetitive. You have to migrate your pokemon from B/W to B2/W2 all over again after migrating those from P/D/Pt etc. Seems annoying imho.
    I would think GameFreak and Nintendo could learn something from games such as WoW (on their 4th exp and working on 5th) and use the concept of expansions. With digital downloadable content, why not? They could just build upon the current world (more areas and additional/new pokemon) and story (dig into the past or rebel Team Flare meeting up with the likes of Team Rocket) without starting from scratch.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    What I hope is a mature darker story for Z, they did a good job about the story in BW, but I was disappointment then of BW2, neo Team plasma was boring ( Taking over the world) the same lame goal...
    GF must make something original and depth about the story.

DanteSolablood

Internet Celebrity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2014
    I'm guessing we're going to see some major DLC before we see a third version, the patches show it's possible & there are lots of hints in the game to new areas. But if there is to be a sequel I'd want it to be Pokémon XY.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I posted this in another thread but I figures I should put this here:

"Probably the upcoming games would be sequences, and Zygarde will be there to negate the birth of something horrible Xerneas is forced to create by the evil organisation, and to prevent something beneficial to the world from dying from Yveltal's life absorption in the other game."

^ Just purely my own opinion :)

Back