• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sheer Cold, keep it? scrap it?

Sheer Cold, keep it? scrap it?

• Keep it

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Scrap it

Votes: 23 82.1%

• Total voters

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
Years
  • Articuno is the only Pokémon that can truly make use of Sheer Cold. With Mind Reader, Sheer Cold becomes a 2-turn set up of death against anything that can't KO it in-game, though it's easily predictable when fighting against another person, even if there's always a chance the Sheer Cold will hit the switch-out anyways. Articuno itself is in that ugly speed group between fast and slow though, and while it might have high special bulk and decent physical bulk, Ice/Flying is possibly the worst defensive typing in the game.

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • I don't like that fact certain water types can learn it, It should be an Ice Type pokemon move only *Not Including Legendaries.*

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I don't like that fact certain water types can learn it, It should be an Ice Type pokemon move only *Not Including Legendaries.*

You do realise that basically all of the water types that learn Sheer Cold have the ice tpe as a seconday typing, right? :s Heck, the only pure water types that learn Sheer Cold are Kyogre and an event Suicune, and not only both of them legendaries, but one is only able to ever get the move is if it is from a specific event.

Moving on, it depends. If the Pokemon I am using is in need of another move, and a OHKO move comes up, then sure. I normally don't use them on my 'main' team though due to the ridiculously low accuracy. :\ So I'm just gonna put myself down as scap it. :)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I skip all ohko moves because I don't like them, because it never hits oAo;

Exactly! They never hit when you want them to be, and always when you don't. i remember the first time I battled the Factory Head in Emerald. My Pokemon was ludicolo, and his was a Heracross I think. Just one more struggle + leech seed damaege i could have won that emblem, but no. A horn drill got me.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of OHKO moves, but when I was younger, I used them a lot. x__x The first time it succeeded, I was like "O___O What."

Nowadays, I tend to avoid them completely. ;~;

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    Scrap it.
    It's unreliable and useless in competitive battling. I skip over learning OHKO moves whenever I can.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • In my noob days I would keep OHKO moves on my Pokemon but now I don't, there is no need for me to have a 30 percent chance move to be used and setting up a OHKO move usually ends up with the Pokemon being knocked out before they are able to use this move.

:t354:TG

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The OHKO moves only seem to hit when the opponent is using it in the Battle Frontier. DX

But yeah, I don't use them. Low accuarcy (and don't work if you are at a lower level anyway), and also low PP. Five times and you already have to go to the centre again or use up an Ether or something unless you want to was some PP ups for... 8 moves. =/

Back