• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Shiny Gengar and DIANCIE at Gamestop/EB Games

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
Years
  • This really sucks. On serebii it states that bart smit and intertoys in my country get the codes. Just went to both of them here, Bart smit only got a few and they were already out of codes also mentioned that most stores didn't even get codes and intertoys didn't even get them. I really hate nintendo for this. Wy do we have to pick up annoying codes. Wy isn't everything via wifi? I would be really gratefull if someone could get a pal code and send me one.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    This really sucks. On serebii it states that bart smit and intertoys in my country get the codes. Just went to both of them here, Bart smit only got a few and they were already out of codes also mentioned that most stores didn't even get codes and intertoys didn't even get them. I really hate nintendo for this. Wy do we have to pick up annoying codes. Wy isn't everything via wifi? I would be really gratefull if someone could get a pal code and send me one.

really?! i JUST went to Bart Smit here and they say they only hand them out if you pre-order ORAS with them. and i have a JP 3DS so i already pre-ordered it from elsewhere... i was going to get the code so a friend could transfer it to me...

obviously i don't live in Japan so i already miss out on most Event Pokémon, but i thought this was my chance to get a Diancie at least. i'm so annoyed!

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • The EB Games closest to me ran out of Diancie cards within hours on the first day of the event (when I was at school and had no chance to even get to the store).

Really stinks. Just wish it was a normal wifi distribution.

Years
  • The Diancie event started just two days ago over here, and all the places I've been to are already out of codes. Sucks :/

The EB Games closest to me ran out of Diancie cards within hours on the first day of the event (when I was at school and had no chance to even get to the store).

Really stinks. Just wish it was a normal wifi distribution.

This is why I think code events are not the way to go. It can get very unfortunate for some people because their stores run out of codes and therefore leaves them unable to get the event.

It's so stupid that this generation, Game Freak seems to not be caring about Mystery Gift at all by making events too exclusive or forcing people to show up at Gamestop, EB Games and the like just to get one special Pokemon. They really need to make more Mystery Gift events and then players will be happy.

So far this generation, only three events ever had Mystery Gift distribution. That is totally saying something.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • This is why I think code events are not the way to go. It can get very unfortunate for some people because their stores run out of codes and therefore leaves them unable to get the event.

It's so stupid that this generation, Game Freak seems to not be caring about Mystery Gift at all by making events too exclusive or forcing people to show up at Gamestop, EB Games and the like just to get one special Pokemon. They really need to make more Mystery Gift events and then players will be happy.

So far this generation, only three events ever had Mystery Gift distribution. That is totally saying something.

Agree 100%!

I'd love to see more Mystery Gift distribution, would definitely be better than these silly code distributions.

Years
  • Agree 100%!

I'd love to see more Mystery Gift distribution, would definitely be better than these silly code distributions.

Agreed. Another issue with codes is that the stores run out of them quickly and that means we have people who were so desperate to get a Diancie be forced to miss out instead, as mentioned in this Tumblr post.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • So, today, I went to 2 of my local Gamestops to see if I can get some extra codes for Diance so I could give it away. They both ran out! I'm SO glad I was in town the first day to get my own code.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So I've been seeing online the Diancie and Gengar codes have their secret numbers covered with that scratch off coating, whereas in Canada we don't get that at all (all the code cards are bare and the secret numbers are readily visible to everyone) anyone know why that is? I mean, shouldn't north america have the same standards continent wide?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Not a huge fan of those store promotion codes. It seems like the only purpose for them is to lure people into the store, to buy stuff. I mean if they only wanted to distribute an event Pokemon, a normal Wifi distribution would have sufficed.

And thanks to the limited amount of codes it's just another step to event elitism. "You get one, but you don't. Tough luck, try again on the next event."
    Then again, if people really cared for that, they would have complained on a bigger scale a long time ago, considering it's by far not the first code only distribution this gen.

Yeah, I'm really pissed, if you couldn't tell. ^^"

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2018
    would someone trade with me, i live in germany and have no way to get one code T_T
    Both of the shops nintendo choose are miles away from where i life.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • Yeah, I really preferred mystery gift. For quite a few reasons, actually. Codes are only distributed in certain regions, so if you're not living in say US or PAL regions, you're mostly out of luck save for a few other regions.

Mystery gift events are also much easier to farm, if you're looking from the perspective if someone that collects and trades events. Also, faulty codes can be a real problem, whereas with Mystery Gift there's literally no issue at all because it's over wifi. Quick and simple.

I suppose that code events would be rarer and more valuable than Mystery Gift ones, which would drive the trade economy in a sense. Their rarity is directly influenced by quantity and distribution, so maybe that's what Nintendo is getting at.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Most gen 5 events were also store events but you just needed to visit them and you could download them wireless. I seriously don't get these code events. They should at least make them avaible via the internet like they did with the oras demo for USA/Canada. I needed to go to an event to get the code in my country.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2014
    [HELP] Diancie Event code, please [EU]

Hello everyone,
    Can someone help me please?
    I'm from Italy and I can't get a Diancie Event code alone (i just lost the gengar shiny event )..
    Can someone send an EU code to me? Pleeeaseee :'(

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    if anyone has any diancie codes left please pm me one i really don't want to miss out on diancie

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2014
    I have one xtra diancie code

if anyone is interested i will give it to the first person who pm's me asking for it

Years
  • No where in Adelaide (Australia) has any Diancie codes left. My local EB games said they got sent only 20 codes and they were gone straight away. I've been looking since day 1 of the distribution. Ugh!!!

Back