• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I don't believe Ekans or Arbok are available in Friend Safari. I think the only way to get them are in XY 5% hordes, possibly Pokeradar and breeding.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Decided to hunt for a shiny Teddiursa in a normal safari that also has Chansey and Audino (Exp safari ftw!) and I got to 1100 encounters before I saved the game and accidentally turned off my 3DS. Does this break my chain of encounters? I feel like it does but just in case I'm asking.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 30800 Jagged Pass encounters

"lol" 30,000 used to seem like a ridiculously huge number to me...now it's just another hunt! {XD}

Congrats on all the new shinies and welcome to the new members!!

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    30800 Jagged Pass encounters

"lol" 30,000 used to seem like a ridiculously huge number to me...now it's just another hunt! {XD}

Congrats on all the new shinies and welcome to the new members!!

I have a question. What's the "Path of the Ghost" and "Path of the Starter"? Is it a shiny hunt for a shiny form of every starter Pokemon and a hunt for a shiny form of every ghost Pokemon?

Also got to 1155 encounters making this the longest shiny hunt I have ever done after an attempt to breed a shiny Caturpie that failed cause I realized after about a thousand eggs that I was doing it wrong and needed a foreign Pokemon lol.

#MasudaMethodFails

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Today I hatched a Shiny Lickitung in 877 eggs. It's my 3rd Masuda Method shiny, and it's almost been a year since the first 2 Ralts and Miltank.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    After 1168 Friend Safari encounters in search of a shiny Teddiursa I got a shiny Chansey! Will edit this post later after I getthe photo proof uploaded to imagur. But anyways I'm excited but still want that shiny Teddiursa before I get that shiny Seviper!

WHOA! Second shiny Chansey at 34 encounters!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Today while watching The Bachelorette with my mom (because we're both trash lol), I was stunned to see that a Shiny Reshiram had dropped down from Hoopa's ring. I had just started hunting Reshiram along with Zekrom about a week ago, although today was the only day that I've actually dedicated real time to SRing, so I can't highlight enough how shocked I am. It's got to have been less than 500 SRs total, and that's without the aid of a Shiny Charm.

What's more is that this Shiny Reshiram is Modest (thank God for my Synchronize Ralts!) and its IVs are great, with a spread of 30/26/25/31/31/31. At first, I wasn't sure whether to catch it in a Premier Ball or Ultra Ball, so I ultimately opted with an Ultra Ball to match the golden rings. I'm so happy, and this is a really good way to have ended May. Now I'm more motivated to hunt Zekrom! I'm crossing my fingers for Adamant, but I guess I can't be too greedy, haha.

Get ready for picture spam. I hope these aren't too large or long lol.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Today while watching The Bachelorette with my mom (because we're both trash lol), I was stunned to see that a Shiny Reshiram had dropped down from Hoopa's ring. I had just started hunting Reshiram along with Zekrom about a week ago, although today was the only day that I've actually dedicated real time to SRing, so I can't highlight enough how shocked I am. It's got to have been less than 500 SRs total, and that's without the aid of a Shiny Charm.

What's more is that this Shiny Reshiram is Modest (thank God for my Synchronize Ralts!) and its IVs are great, with a spread of 30/26/25/31/31/31. At first, I wasn't sure whether to catch it in a Premier Ball or Ultra Ball, so I ultimately opted with an Ultra Ball to match the golden rings. I'm so happy, and this is a really good way to have ended May. Now I'm more motivated to hunt Zekrom! I'm crossing my fingers for Adamant, but I guess I can't be too greedy, haha.

Get ready for picture spam. I hope these aren't too large or long lol.

Spoiler:

Hoopa's ring? Metaphor or are you actually doing this by battling Pokemon that Hoopa teleports with its rings?

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Hoopa's ring? Metaphor or are you actually doing this by battling Pokemon that Hoopa teleports with its rings?

Huh? In Pokemon lore, Hoopa transports Pokemon with its hoop-ring portals, yes. I'm pretty sure that's the same type of ring portal that Reshiram and Zekrom fall out of when you encounter them in OR/AS.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Huh? In Pokemon lore, Hoopa transports Pokemon with its hoop-ring portals, yes. I'm pretty sure that's the same type of ring portal that Reshiram and Zekrom fall out of when you encounter them in OR/AS.

Oh I never got OR/AS, which its probably why I didn't connect that lol.

---------------

Anyways still hunting for a shiny Teddiursa in a normal Friend Safari. I only went to 70 encounters so far but that's cause I have school work and chores to do. (Yeah I didn't get summer off from school.)

Piney

Cherry Sylveon
    Years
  • Hiya! I'm kinda new to actually post and I love to catch shinies (I love to PokeRadar on Pokemon Y) so I might as well join!

The shinies I've caught are the following!:
    • Shiny Pelipper (Random Encounter / W2)
    • Shiny Exploud (Random Encounter / AS)
    • Shiny Galvantula (DexNav (Chain for Eevee with search level of 542) / AS)
    • Shiny Sylveon (DexNav (Chain for Eevee with Search level of 583) / AS)
    • Shiny Arcanine (Friend Safari / Y)
    • Shiny Pyroar (Roke Radar / Y)
    • Shiny Raichu (Roke Radar / Y)
    • Shiny Riolu (Roke Radar / Y)
    • Shiny Skiddo (Roke Radar / Y)
    • Shiny Kadabra (Roke Radar / Y)
    • Shiny Talonflame (Roke Radar / Y)
    *Most of these are evolved to the following

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I just caught a shiny Cutiefly from SOS chaining. This is my first Gen 7 shiny that isn't an Alolan form.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    What the heck?!?!? I'm not against getting shinies but three shiny Chansey in a row? And at 108 encounters? WHY?!?!? Give me my shiny Teddiursa! I want my green teddiebear!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    So after only around 10+ hours combined of SRing in the past couple days, I was somehow able to catch myself an Adamant Shiny Zekrom in AlphaSapphire tonight. I'm stunned because I don't have the Shiny Charm, so I didn't expect to get Zekrom this soon, plus I didn't think that the Synchronizer would work yet again! I'm very used to the Synchronizer failing me, so I can tell that my luck has definitely run out for the next couple months, haha. I'm so excited though--I never thought I'd be able to own these two Shinies legitimately and with good natures and IVs!

I'm not sure what to go for next, although I'm eyeing Entei and Raikou to potentially start a double-hunt in OR/AS. Here's some pictures of my encounter with Shiny Zekrom! Hope they're not too large.

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Shiny Female Granbull - Found in a random encounter in the route next to the Battle Tree. Adamant Nature and the Shiny is a nice colour. Very happy with this one.

Shiny Female Wobbuffet x 2 - Looking for a Girafarig or Abra in a Psychic Friend Safari I run into two of these on successive days. It's a nice Shiny but I already have a Shiny Shadow Tag Gothitelle (Which I was hunting with and is one of my favourite Pokemon). Wobbuffet does look good purple though.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    On the 2nd I found a shiny Roggenrola in 1992 horde encounters. Then that same day I found a shiny Nosepass in 180 hordes. It was unfortunately the one I didn't want on that route as I had found 2 in FS before.

Right now I'm trying again for a Nidoran and I'm breeding for a Caterpie.

To the person who got 3 Chansey. I've gotten 3 of the same Pokemon back to back in FS multiples of times. Meditite, Palpitoad, Abra, Teddiursa, Tangela, Vullaby and Bibarel.

The 3 Palpitoad were in 3,500 encounters total. The first Vullaby was 277, second was 1,916 and 3rd was 73. The Bibarel was fun, 1st at 963, 2nd at 899 and 3rd at 1828.

Last edited:

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I found a second shiny Minccino in the friend safari and now I've got a Cinccino which marks my 150th shiny in the living dex.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    FINALLY something other than Chansey! I got a shiny Audino after 700 FS encounters give or take (my calculator kept getting reset by accident.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Ok so I woke up this morning and started off the day with a little shiny hunting for my shiny Teddiursa. I had gotten off the day before at 450 encounters content that I would find a shiny close to that number the next day. I was not disappointed cause I found my fourth shiny Chansey after 17 encounters at 467 FS encounters. Sadly however it killed itself with a Take Down after doing the nearly impossible and breaking out of three heal balls and a premier ball at 1 HP and with the sleep status. Needless to say I was as angry as a Mankey until I found my fifth shiny Chansey 70 encounters right after that. It also broke out if a lot of Pok?balls and kept spamming Soft Boiled (WHY DO THESE MOVES EXIST?!?!?). But I caught it and named it Irritating just cause of how irritating it was to catch and how irritating it would be to kill it if I trained it correctly.

Back