• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Well, there's the fact that is probably one of the five best shinies. That, and the fact that is 'easy' to hunt for.
Well Absol's only #17 on my personal list. That list is topped by Meganium and Porygon2. :D

I got my new female Chikorita breeder to L31 in the Gardevoir base. (I'd make a Latios base but I don't have any RSE games I'm willing to restart.) I randomly bred a female with flawless Speed (from non-flawless parents), but she's Lonely. =/

Now starting box 19.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
The blue rose. Take a look at the chaining guide in the D/P section. PM me if you still don't get it.
As for finding shinies easier. Some people say that getting a high chain increases chances of finding a shiny. But it hasnt been confirmed whether it is true. I think it is just because when you chain you see a few patchs shake.

About to start chaining Absol again.

Did I actually say anything about getting a high chain increasing the chance of finding a shiny? Besides, whether or not it's been "confirmed" doesn't matter; chaining is undoubtedly an easier way to get shinies. You just have to be good at it.

MM, Porygon2 is #3 on my list, and #2 is Ninetales. I'm sure you all know who #1 is reserved for...

I just checked my swarm, and it's Surskit. I don't think it's worth leaving Regigigas to chain for.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I was talking to Blue Rose. It didn't have anything to do with you. So no idea where that came from. It does make it easier as you see more than one most of the time.

Good luck to everyone on there hunts.

Last edited:

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
Yo guys Im back. ok havent shiny hunted because of skool...Grade 8 is hectic. ok so what did I miss?

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Yo guys Im back. ok havent shiny hunted because of skool...Grade 8 is hectic. ok so what did I miss?

Lot of the members have caught many new Shinies!! That, and there are new members here as well!! And I also remember 8th Grade as well... So boring...

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
Years
yo blue rose. Soft Reseting is when u save the game before meeting legendaries or getting ur starter. If u dont get a shiny make sure u save before meeting it then if its not press START, SELECT L&R at the same time.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2007
Thanks LD! I'mma try for a shiny starly and Cranidos first, Cranidos from Breeding and Starly from chaining!And I'm Sring for a drifblim.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Good luck on the hunts everyone. Nothing new for me again. ^,..,^

The Blue Rose, it might be easier to soft reset for Cranidos... So if you did that, I would gladly race you for it (Racing is basically 2+ shiny hunters look for the same pokemon and whoever gets it first wins.. a cookie 8D). But if you prefer hatching, good luck on that and it's fine. ^^

Also going after Latias, Hoppip, maybe Drowzee too one day since my friend likes it. Can't ever make up my mind. |D

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2007
Well, I have 9 Cranidos Now and I'm gonna have to go hunting for another skull fossil, but thanks for bringing that up!Your on!

Last edited:

Torterra defender

torrtera will rule with a tree
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2008
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my first hunted shiny i got a chain of 46 a shiny geodude i was going to the beach and i was playing my ds cause i was bored so i pulled it out and thats when i got the geodude then we arrived at the beach so i put it in the beachbag and now i cant find it

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
I got a new shiny tonight. A level 29 Wingull off of Route 221 after a 28 chain. It has a Hardy nature. Gonna spend the night evolving it into Pelipper. Congrats on all new shinies.

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
hey guys thx for the comments,

here are the stats for the Grumpig that I have now

dpmfsb326.png

LV: 76
HP: 227
ATK: 96
DEF: 142
SPD: 203
SP.ATK: 167
SP.DEF: 214

what i do with my shinies is i first battle the Elite Four with it over and over again with my Rayquaza with an Amulet Coin and my new shiny with Exp. Share. Then I get the experience and it levels it up pretty fast. Then after that I use the money i got to buy stuff like Protien and Zinc. So finally I get it up to a level that I think is good and just stop and start hunting for my next shiny.

i hope this strategy helps other trainers too :D

btw guys i only need five more posts till i can get a card so can u guys help by posting

thx and bye

Last edited:

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
Years
hey everyone congrats on your new shinies....congrats to those who are on their way to joining the SHC and get their trainers card as well XD

well my last year of HS has now began to kick off and it seems like this yr is gonna be h3ll with the students im with since ive been with them for 3 yrs...hopefully things will go smoothly and if not then all hell will break loose =[...im hoping i make it out of there in one piece heh heh...i attend All Hallows High School so its known for its reputation...

BTW im thinkin about chaining todays swarm but i havent checked to see wat it is today....hopefully its a skitty swarm because ive been wanting one for the longest but havent had 1....

hey MM if you want i can try and breed you a 21+ bold natured chikorita if you want...i mean its worth a shot since i can be another person helping you to get it....

BTW when can i receive my trainer card for the SHC?? just wanted to know and im sorry if im being a pest about it

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
thx Attack and good luck with that Skitty
u need to post 30 times in the Shiny Huinter club to get a card
i need four more now :D

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
RegiKing

Heh yesterday I spent the day SRing for Regigigas. I started Sring for it at 10AM and continued on till the night, taking the occasional hour break for lunch and dinner. It was around 9:15PM, I was just curiously looking at my pokedex before battling regigigas for no reason really. Looked at the dex entry of giratina and I checked its size, "Wow its 14' tall, that's pretty huge" Then I looked at Dialga's size, "Woah its 17' tall" Lol I thought Giratina was bigger than dialga xD Hmm wonder how tall Regigigas is. So I decided I was going to catch this next non shiny one with my Master Ball just to check its size, then SR of course. My brother talked to me while I was hitting "A" to skip along the text before regigigas. I had the volume down as well. I looked back and "Holy s*** It's blue, its blue!" My brother asked, "What?!" I yelled back "ITS SHINY!!"

Battling it was hard. Gengar up first used hypnosis, and slept it. Switched in Bibarel, super fanged to half HP. Stupid Gigas woke up and right on Superpower! KO'ed Bibarel. Switched in Gengar again and hypnosis, missed it, and right on Zen headbutt, Ko'ed! Switched in Regirock (biggest defense) and chucked a dusk ball hoping for the best. Regigigas got out and Superpower!! took Regirock down to almost half HP. Chucked another dusk ball, squat, another Superpower, Critical hit. Ko'ed Regirock. Sent out registeel. I used revive on gengar to try and hypnosis it again. Regigigas' slow start wore off by now, It used Super power again, and took registeel down to almost half hp. Switched in gengar. and he used Zen Headbutt! Argh how was he predicting everything?! Koe'd gengar so I sent out registeel again. I dare not risk attacking it since superpower had lowered Regigigas' defense down too much, but with his attack lowered I could wall it. Lol so it went on, I kept chucking Dusk balls and gigas kept attacking my registeel not doing very much damage to it, while it recovered with leftovers. 18 Dusk balls later it was still uncaught. I was getting a bit worried about struggle, but since it still had half hp left, I knew it wouldn't KO itself. Once I ran out of dusk balls, I started throwing timers. 3 timers and nothing, then on the fourth...Once shake, two shakes, three shakes...*Click* It was caught!! "YEAHHH!! No master ball!!! I nicknamed it Berserker, Caught Shiny #39!! Woooo lol! Unfortunately our computer currently has problems and I am forced to use our older one which doesn't work with our digital camera x__x So I'll post pics as soon as I am able to blah.

Anyways here's its stats:
Regigigas
Careful nature (sync fails once again!)
Likes to Relax
Likes bitter food.
HP 254 (IV 29)
Att 240 (IV 16)
Def 162 (IV 5)
SpA 108 (IV 6)
SpD 179 (IV 6)
Spd 162 (IV 25)

Lol it got nice HP and spd IVs but its defenses look crappy and it needs them to survive the 5 turns slow start takes up, Careful nature helps with that at least so its not horribly bad. And with that I've completed the Regi Set :D Woo lol I'm just in amazement it only took 6 days to get. Heh I think my regi luck from 3rd gen carried on. Didn't even take half as long as regice took me x__x Sigh just wish I could post pics, damn computer. Hopefully we can get it fixed so I can post pics. I'm probably going to EV train Regigigas and some of my neglected shinies such as cubone, and then hunt for something else, either cranidos or spiritomb. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
rofl

that must have been freaking funny with your brother

well anyways congrats and gl with your next Shiny

Back