• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
  • I totally don't believe it's possible to lose a chain in a shiny patch. I've entered so many shiny patches on edges and whatnot and always kept my chains.

I just wanted to bring this up again....

"$ChuteOut$", I believe, once lost a chain because he went to a shiny patch that was against the edge.

And today I lost my Makuhita chain because I went to a shiny patch that was on the edge.

I had went to several before, but this is proof that it can happen.

Thankfully, that was the 8th Makuhita, and I was planning to stop there anyway. I got stuff to do.

So, now it begins. The next shiny Pokemon I will going after will be no other than Gligar.
    I feel like I can take on that challenge now, especially doing what I've been doing. But I'm going to prepare for it.

I don't know how long it'll take me once I get started (which won't be for a while, I want to train some Pokemon first).
    So I'm going to get 999 of all 3 kinds of Repels. I'm going to raise my Scyther at least, that way I can swap it and Bronzong in for my Breloom to make it extra special.
    I plan on catching 30 or more shiny Gligars if I get to 40. Yeah, that's some crazy BS right there but I'm going to go as far as I can, for as long as it takes. It's like taking on the Pokemon League, gotta be prepared and ready. I want a GOOD Gliscor too, so my chances will be at their highest if I catch as many as possible.
    I'll get to that bridge when I come to it though.

I haven't checked my Makuhita yet (in fact I'm still in the same spot where the shiny grass was, listening to the awesome music), but this first one is pretty good. It has decent HP, Defense, but almost perfect Sp. Def and Speed. Attack's pretty crappy though.
    None of the other Makuhita's took False Swipe easier though, so I dunno.

Thanks for the congratulations, and same to yawl. I'll talk about ""post-game/Gligar"" plans later.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
  • SRing On Riolu On My Pearl Now And Still Going For Squirtle On Fire Red So Far : 600 SR's

How would you SR for Riolu? I'm interested...
    Save before taking the egg, then hatch it? Doesn't it take a while to hatch it for just one SR? Regardless, I'd love to have a shiny Riolu too. Lucario's one of my favorite 4th Gen Pokemon and is the Pokemon I use to chain with. It by far outclassed every other in-game team member except maybe Garchomp (yeah I had a Garchomp on my in-game team lol). I used Lucario a lot more though. It's so awesome.

Anyway, I've decided to put it out of it's misery and raise my Shinx next.
    Dear god this Pokemon is limited. Spark, Crunch...... then what?
    I guess Return and Thunder Wave will do. I thought about practically the only other option, Iron Tail, but it's low accuracy sucks and I won't be KOing any rock types anytime soon with this thing. Return for the pure power, and Thunder Wave just because I can (and the fact there's nothing else to choose from that I like...)

The reason for no special attacks is because mine is Adamant.
    What's funny is that my friend dialga2008 whom I got these Shinx for, his will probably end up kicking my Luxray's butt. XD I gave him a Quiet one with good Sp. Attack and Attack, for a mixed attacker.

Years
    • Age 37
    • They/them
    • Canada
    • Seen Nov 8, 2023
    How would you SR for Riolu? I'm interested...
    Save before taking the egg, then hatch it? Doesn't it take a while to hatch it for just one SR? Regardless, I'd love to have a shiny Riolu too. Lucario's one of my favorite 4th Gen Pokemon and is the Pokemon I use to chain with. It by far outclassed every other in-game team member except maybe Garchomp (yeah I had a Garchomp on my in-game team lol). I used Lucario a lot more though. It's so awesome.

Anyway, I've decided to put it out of it's misery and raise my Shinx next.
    Dear god this Pokemon is limited. Spark, Crunch...... then what?
    I guess Return and Thunder Wave will do. I thought about practically the only other option, Iron Tail, but it's low accuracy sucks and I won't be KOing any rock types anytime soon with this thing. Return for the pure power, and Thunder Wave just because I can (and the fact there's nothing else to choose from that I like...)

The reason for no special attacks is because mine is Adamant.
    What's funny is that my friend dialga2008 whom I got these Shinx for, his will probably end up kicking my Luxray's butt. XD I gave him a Quiet one with good Sp. Attack and Attack, for a mixed attacker.
    Mmyeah. The Fangs just have to be egg moves. =/ And they had to go and make Natural Gift a shitty move with effectively just 1PP. =/=/

Going to breed a nonshiny competitive Electivire soon. I have an Electrike swarm. I chained to 10, then realized I wasn't packing a syncher, so I flew away from my chain. Shiny Manectric doesn't interest me that much anyway.

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
    Years
  • Hey guys! Miss me? of course you did!
    Well I've been busy working so no new shinies lately...but I have some time off so yay me! right now I'm just hatching a box of charmanders in hopes of a shiny one....after I'm done I'll move on to my chikorita box -_- talk about boring....well hopefully I get a shiny one!

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Congratulation, Razer. Buizels are cute, no?

I think shiny Buizel looks better than the normal one. It has a golden look to it which I think is great.

I lost my chain because I went into a shiny patch on the edge. Only ended up with 3 shinies because of it.

The highest chain I have reached on geodude so far is 20. I am on holiday all next week which will leave me plenty of time to chain while I am on the beach. Never been where I am going so should be good.

Congratulations on the shiny DDD,

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    I'm back from my camping trip! I caught me a shiny Krabby, Banette, Lickitongne (sp?) and 3 Delibirds this weekend. So I am quite happy. I was soft reseting for a shiny Driffloon on the way back but it's just too boring for me...

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    hey its me good news everyone after only around 2700 i got me a shiny mudkip adamant nature it looks awesome by the way.

i think my next project will be squirtle not SRing for it i got a full box of squirtle eggs on leaf green maybe one of them is shiny if not more breeding (snore)

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
    Years
  • I got bad news. Friend restarted my LG :(. I was pissed at him so im making him beat the game not caturing any legends and leaving one snorlax still sleeping. So since i cant continue my Sr, I might as well Sr something from D/P. All my legends are UT. Well the ones you can get after the national dex. Any suggestions? I'm all ears. :pokeball:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
  • I got bad news. Friend restarted my LG :(. I was pissed at him so im making him beat the game not caturing any legends and leaving one snorlax still sleeping. So since i cant continue my Sr, I might as well Sr something from D/P. All my legends are UT. Well the ones you can get after the national dex. Any suggestions? I'm all ears. :pokeball:

Out of the fairies/pixies/whatever, I like Azelf and Uxie. Then, people are also SRing Giratina.
    I forget what else is on there.
    You could try putting honey on some trees and check them and see if a good Pokemon comes up, and SR the crap out of it.
    You could see if your friend has made progress by Friday, if not, SR Drifloon.
    There's a lot of options. :) I could blow through LG in like a day or two. Kanto is my forte. I know it like the back of my hand, I love it.

Personally, I have hives.

super onii chan

I think I'm here to stay
    Years
  • Out of the fairies/pixies/whatever, I like Azelf and Uxie. Then, people are also SRing Giratina.
    I forget what else is on there.
    You could try putting honey on some trees and check them and see if a good Pokemon comes up, and SR the crap out of it.
    You could see if your friend has made progress by Friday, if not, SR Drifloon.
    There's a lot of options. :) I could blow through LG in like a day or two. Kanto is my forte. I know it like the back of my hand, I love it.

Personally, I have hives.

i would try the honey. But the Sring still kind of confusing. I most likely will sr drifloon on fridays. I'll check stuff out on the google about sring for honey pokes

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
    Years
  • i am in a huge shinyless slump i lost count of all my resets for mudkip, but for now my swarm is surskit so ill be chaining that for awhile and congrats to everyones new shinys, and shinyhunter you could always go for Azelf Uxie or Giratina i cant think of the rest either. Also that reminds me in my absence i found this video of a guy getting a shiny TRU Darkrai here. Although he got it in a trade he explains how it was found, im not saying i believe him but you never know...

Back