• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Wow I haven't posted here in forever...
Well first off welcome to all the new members and congrats to all the people who got shinies.
As for myself
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 4800 SRs
Axew ~ 40 Eggs
I've been caught up with stuff irl, we all know how that can be =/ anyway I still won't be able to post regularly until May 31st, my last day of school, but I figured i would drop in and let you guys know I'm still alive =)
Anyway I am planning to get to 6000 SR by the end of the weekend

Years
Super low budget posts ftw:

@SS01 - Haha, awesome! I like the colours :3
@Keruso @SS01 @Razer302 @Milotic54 @Arceus Whisper - Good luck!
(Yeah, you can RE, but if you know you have an early shiny frame I think alot of shinies are prolly RNG clones on that game D:)

May be making some userbars later. *Thumbsup*

ALSO!
So, I'm on youtube, like many others, and I make videos of my shinies. A cool idea on there is that before a person announces there shiny's nature, they'll get people to do "nature guesses", which is pretty self-explanatory.
Whatcha think?
I'll ask you guys to guess when I get my shiny something or other ;3
Also, I had a dream about Shiny Treecko last night (along with stolen cars and snow...?) so... Hopefulface!

Last edited:

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
I have a feeling you guys won't believe me but while playing Pokemon Snakewood, a Rom Hack by Cutlerine, I encountered a random Shiny Vulpix
I swear when I skip ahead in the video all I did was go and heal up my team I didn't turn any cheats off! So that is 2 shinnies in April. Sorry about not including it's nature that was a clumsy mistake and it has... a Careful nature. I think that's good.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6SB...DvjVQa1PpcFNuxa5wOJTb3qlrKQMVaBBbAHU_20XgpSA=

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I'm going to be taking a break from shiny hunting for a bit to simply play through leafgreen. I'm going to take a couple of Pokemon I've never used before. My team this time will be Blastoise, Beedrill, Mr. Mime, and Flareon. Flareon will make for a great Fire type, and probably one of the best Pokemon in the third gen games to teach Shadow Ball too. Hopefully I'll come across a shiny along the way, but it's unlikely. After I beat the game, I'll go hunt in the Pattern Bush. Lots of great shines in there. Though for the movesets I want, I'm going to be spending a LOT of time at the slots. Fortunately I'm good at them, but there are four tms I want there. O_o

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Completely missed the post about whether i was MMing. Yep I am MMing, anything to give me better odds really. Only thing I have stopped doing is chaining as it makes it to easy to get shinies. I love the feeling of a random encounter or watching the egg hatch.

Laxed today and only did around 500 SR for spiritomb. As I went to town and have work at 5am... and its currently 1 am... soo yeh not much time with the new games I bought. SRing in between certain points has been fun though.

Years
I know I just posted... But I had to post to congratulate!

Well it looks like my target decided to appear finally, but I was forced to use my masterball, almost 30 min trying to catch it, well here's the pic:

View attachment 64218

dex data:

View attachment 64219

Well, a shiny is a shiny and it's my dragon.

Cya around and happy hunting.

WOW! Congratulations!! What was the final SR count? And the nature? I hope your next hunt is quicker - congrats again! (You won the race too :P)

Completely missed the post about whether i was MMing. Yep I am MMing, anything to give me better odds really. Only thing I have stopped doing is chaining as it makes it to easy to get shinies. I love the feeling of a random encounter or watching the egg hatch.

Laxed today and only did around 500 SR for spiritomb. As I went to town and have work at 5am... and its currently 1 am... soo yeh not much time with the new games I bought. SRing in between certain points has been fun though.

I hope something shines soon!

I'm going to be taking a break from shiny hunting for a bit to simply play through leafgreen. I'm going to take a couple of Pokemon I've never used before. My team this time will be Blastoise, Beedrill, Mr. Mime, and Flareon. Flareon will make for a great Fire type, and probably one of the best Pokemon in the third gen games to teach Shadow Ball too. Hopefully I'll come across a shiny along the way, but it's unlikely. After I beat the game, I'll go hunt in the Pattern Bush. Lots of great shines in there. Though for the movesets I want, I'm going to be spending a LOT of time at the slots. Fortunately I'm good at them, but there are four tms I want there. O_o

I generally always use Blastoise or Venusaur - but good luck with your team! I'm sure the trials they may give you in the beginning will lead to a team of brilliant fighters!

I have a feeling you guys won't believe me but while playing Pokemon Snakewood, a Rom Hack by Cutlerine, I encountered a random Shiny Vulpix
I swear when I skip ahead in the video all I did was go and heal up my team I didn't turn any cheats off! So that is 2 shinnies in April. Sorry about not including it's nature that was a clumsy mistake and it has... a Careful nature. I think that's good.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6SB...DvjVQa1PpcFNuxa5wOJTb3qlrKQMVaBBbAHU_20XgpSA=

Sweet! Congratulations!

No shinies over here - but my gba sp came today! (And I got a delightful surprise that the seller didn't realise it was the LE rare Mario edition.... so I got it mega cheap!)
It's a perfect fit for my Ruby, and I will be using it to hunt Treecko from now on.
Anything soon please? xD

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
No shinies over here - but my gba sp came today! (And I got a delightful surprise that the seller didn't realise it was the LE rare Mario edition.... so I got it mega cheap!)
It's a perfect fit for my Ruby, and I will be using it to hunt Treecko from now on.
Anything soon please? xD
Good luck!
Well it looks like my target decided to appear finally

:o

Congrats!

Hunts: I finally gave up on Viridian Forest, now doing Johto starters.
Johto starters: 50 resets (150 Pokemon seen)
Giratina: 674 resets

Good luck everyone!

Years
Ah well... I was hoping Cryogonal would be a quick hunt, but I guess I can't abuse my luck anymore... I'm back to hunting seriously, which means it's back to twelve hours a day... I honestly didn't keep track of my eggs now, as I was getting tired... But I know it exceeded 500... My, I guess I'll just hatch about 30 more before calling it a day...

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
3000 Spiritomb.
10777 Icefall Cave encounters.
777 Nincada-like characters.

I picked up my Icefall Cave hunt for a little bit, but I realized that it's more of a wintery hunt and would be more fun when it's cold. So it's on hold for now, but I'll definitely be back, probably around December. :cer_laugh:

I also continued my Route 116 hunt in Ruby for the first time since February 1st, 2011, "lol." I'm going after Nincada, so my odds are actually 1/40960! I certainly don't mind though, as the other Pokemon available are pretty cool. I'm going to keep hunting there until I get a shiny Nincada, even if it means that I get duplicates. It's probably faster to see 40,960 wild Pokemon than it would be to breed 8,192 Nincada, although I might change my mind if I end up getting shiny Whismur, Zigzagoon, Taillow, and Skitty!

I'm continuing my Nincada hunt after nearly 15 months because not only does it count for my Ghost Quest, but you get two shinies in one!! :cer_laugh:

If the clock has stopped, it is no longer possible to obtain shinies by soft resetting. With the clock stopped, SRing in Ruby/Sapphire works exactly like SRing in Emerald.

Though, Ruby/Sapphire can be RE'd in perfectly fine with a dry battery. If you want some help replacing your battery I did mine last week so just shoot me a PM or something :)

But if it starts working like Emerald after the internal battery dries up, doesn't that bring in the shiny frames and whatnot? I know that REing is fine with shiny frames since it's almost impossible to time your REs exactly so you'll always be on a different frame after each time you turn on the game, but that would mean that any shiny after your first one post-dead battery would be an RNG clone. :(

*wants to be able to get multiple shinies on Ruby*

Spoiler:

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Well since Ho-oh soft resets are starting to bore me (not gonna quit don't worry) and axew eggs take forever to hatch I've picked my Route 18 hunt back up, I am also gonna hunt tyrogue when its swarming, which it hasn't yet =(
Anyway speaking of my hunts
My Hunts:
Ho-oh - 5400 SRs
Axew - 50 Eggs
Route 18 - 70 REs
All you can find on Route 18 (by fishing) are Finneon, Horsea, and Chinchou and I would be happy with any of them =)
Anyway good luck on all your hunts

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Still trying to get that dam illusive Spiritomb. Doing on average 500 SR a day and it still won't show. Might take a slight break to play a game I bought recently though and hope my luck shines when I come back to it.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Vulpix, Spritingyoshi22!

Congrats on the shiny Giratina, Chr. Draco! That's a very cool looking shiny.

This week's random hunt is... the Grass-type!

My post count is the year.

Years
Looks like my luck has died... Stayed up till 2 am this morning and still no shiny Cryogonal... I guess this thing'll still take some time to shine... (Please don't be as long as Litwick!!! I BEG!!!)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Ok guys, I decided to start a new hunt in my white version, don't know how many SRs but it was short, aprox. two days, more or less, well pictures say more than words:

View attachment 64247

It's a jolly nature.

Well cya next time and happy hunting.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Ok guys, I decided to start a new hunt in my white version, don't know how many SRs but it was short, aprox. two days, more or less, well pictures say more than words:

View attachment 64247

It's a jolly nature.

Congrats! Wow. Two in a week.
Looks like my luck has died... Stayed up till 2 am this morning and still no shiny Cryogonal... I guess this thing'll still take some time to shine... (Please don't be as long as Litwick!!! I BEG!!!)
Good luck!
My post count is the year.
Haha, cool XD
Still trying to get that dam illusive Spiritomb. Doing on average 500 SR a day and it still won't show. Might take a slight break to play a game I bought recently though and hope my luck shines when I come back to it.
Good luck!

Hunts:
Johto starters: 100
Giratina: 781

Good luck everyone!

Years

View attachment 64247

It's a jolly nature.

Wow! Congratulations! Cannot believe you got another 1/8192 shiny :P

Congrats! Wow. Two in a week.

Good luck!

Haha, cool XD

Good luck!

Hunts:
Johto starters: 100
Giratina: 781

Good luck everyone!

Good luck good luck good luck!

SRs:
Over 25k.
Can't be bothered to get the exact number right now xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Masuda Method takes forever :<

Been trying for a shiny Snorunt on white for weeks. Giving up soon.

Also, has anyone ever gotten a shiny using the pokeradar in D/P/P? Might try that.

Years

Also, has anyone ever gotten a shiny using the pokeradar in D/P/P? Might try that.
You said it! I've been trying quite long already for Cryogonal, hoping it wouldn't take as long as my previous hunt. Unfortunately, it IS gonna take some time. I've been pushing away my fanfic stuff just for this, I may give up soon if it doesn't show up tomorrow though...

And yes... Pokeradar does have higher chance... You're better off trying pokeradar near Snowpoint city if you want a shiny Snorunt that badly...

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014

You said it! I've been trying quite long already for Cryogonal, hoping it wouldn't take as long as my previous hunt. Unfortunately, it IS gonna take some time. I've been pushing away my fanfic stuff just for this, I may give up soon if it doesn't show up tomorrow though...

And yes... Pokeradar does have higher chance... You're better off trying pokeradar near Snowpoint city if you want a shiny Snorunt that badly...

I have been SRing a Johto starter since August, and you give up after a few weeks? What kind of shiny hunters are you?

Back