• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
SHINY!!!!!!!!!

I finally started Gen IX last weekend ("lol!"), and exactly 20 hours into Violet, I found a shiny Cufant!! I probably would've never known it was a shiny, but when I was battling a Varoom in Area Three of East Province, some Pokémon were wandering around in the background, and two of the Cufant were different colors!! So I knew one of them had to be a shiny, "lol!"

Spoiler:

This is my first shiny found while playing through a main game for the first time! I love how you can see the Pokémon wandering around on the overworld, haha. Not long before, I took a ton of screenshots when I saw a Ghastly and thought it was shiny, but they just look kinda blue! And then the next 4 or 5 Ghastly I saw, I also thought they were shiny!! 😅

Looking back at my post history, it looks like this is my first shiny since 2022, and that was a Legends: Arceus one!! Apparently my last shiny from a main game was Seviper back in June 2021 - almost 3 years ago!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This is also post 400 for me!!!! It took me a while, but I've finally broken the tie with SkinnyGreenMan and moved into sole possession of tenth place on the all-time SHC post leaderboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :alien::cool:🥳

Congrats on all the new shinies and welcome to all the new members who've joined since my last post, and may many more shinies be in your future!!!!

Years
Got a lot of shinies from my Scarlet playthrough to check in... =P

First is this little lass:
Spoiler:

Came across it while still playing through the game. Quite a bit later, while exploring Area Zero after beating the game, but without the Shiny Charm... I comes across my second full odds shiny of the playthrough, Jumpluff:
Spoiler:

Had I not saved before encountering Jumpluff I would've lost it... it had Memento and used it on the first attempt! Blocked it with Substitute on the second try =D

And this next shiny is still a random unhunted one... but I did have the Shiny Charm at this point. Nosepass, while exploring Kitakami:
Spoiler:

-

Skipping ahead to Yesterday, when I came across a shiny Marill while hopping from Raid Den to Raid Den searching for 5 star raids to unlock the 6 star ones:
Spoiler:

And not much later I came across a shiny Dunsparce as well while still doing the same thing:
Spoiler:

Those were two random shinies (Shiny Charm + boosted by beating an outbreak). No sandwich involved.

Later that day I went for a little shiny hunt... I made a Fairy type shiny sandwich hoping for a 2 for 1 shiny deal =P
I end up catching this here shiny Flutter Mane... which was hiding in a wall and I only noticed it, because it poked it's head out!
Spoiler:

I saved it from suffocation, I swear! My Poke Ball is much safer =D

After that I made a Psychic shiny sandwich as I already decided that I want that Scream Tail, whether the game gives me a deal on it or not =P
Spoiler:

Oddly enough this one decided to hide in a wall too! I was just cruising along the tunnel, pausing to look at the Scream Tails around me when I think I see a purple tail poking out of a wall instead of a pink one. I was assaulted by a regular Scream Tail while staring at it, but as you can see above, I made it over and managed to convince it to pop out of the wall =D

It also has a Mark btw! =3

-

Moving on to today then... I went to beat down a Froslass outbreak and uh...
Spoiler:

... yeah, that just kinda happened lol
Decided that if I can catch it in a Love Ball I'd go put it on my team for DLC 2... and just look at what I caught it in =D

I then started the actual shiny hunt... with a shiny already in the bag =D
I made a Dark type shiny sandwich hoping for a 2 for 1 deal on Brute Bonnet and Roaring Moon... well I got one of them:
Spoiler:

I made another Dark type shiny sandwich and went to where Roaring Moons live and... found this little fella instead:

Spoiler:

I didn't want to risk finding another shiny I want to keep instead of Roaring Moon so I made a Fighting shiny Sandwich after that, hoping for a 2 for 1 deal on Slither Wing & Great Tusk... and after 2 dud sandwiches of nothing at all... two shiny Slither Wings at the same hecking time on the third attempt!!
Spoiler:

But, after catching them there was still 16 minutes left! So I went into the caves and found...
Spoiler:

Yep... 3 shiny Paradoxes on 1 sandwich :cool:
Spoiler:

-

Couple picnic shots, first one is of all my random shinies in Scarlet, second one is the Paradoxes that I caught so far:
Spoiler:

And a selfie with the Sableye:
Spoiler:

Attachments

• 438929042_959508842563849_7673095397469953973_n.jpg
    438929042_959508842563849_7673095397469953973_n.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 439488147_959508855897181_5459556414309250222_n.jpg
    439488147_959508855897181_5459556414309250222_n.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 6
  • BruteBonnet.jpg
    BruteBonnet.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Sableye.jpg
    Sableye.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 439043448_959509205897146_1880754212483051595_n.jpg
    439043448_959509205897146_1880754212483051595_n.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 439426365_959509209230479_448782512095920392_n.jpg
    439426365_959509209230479_448782512095920392_n.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SlitherTusk.jpg
    SlitherTusk.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 438685249_959510149230385_5658617458576727824_n.jpg
    438685249_959510149230385_5658617458576727824_n.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 438796325_959510159230384_2417132712178496621_n.jpg
    438796325_959510159230384_2417132712178496621_n.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 439472834_959510475897019_1155624765884984976_n.jpg
    439472834_959510475897019_1155624765884984976_n.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Years
I was a very active girl on friend safari this month. The 3ds shutdown galvanized me to revisit games of that era and make sure I did all the shiny hunts I wanted in XY, and get those pokemon to Bank and then home while it's still possible to use Bank.

In my last post here in the shiny hunters club I mentioned that I welcomed a new shiny eevee into my family- Lynx. He came to me by way of a normal friend safari. I had to first encounter and catch a shiny Kecleon there and then a shiny teddiursa, because I guess Eevee wanted to test me and have proof that I was ready to be it's trainer, before it appeared to me. I am happy to have them all though, and have come back to share stories about what else I found on my adventure.

Alluded to this in a "What made you happy today" OT post, but will say celebrate here also that combee was another shiny I obtained via this method, on a bug type hunt. Mine is an impish girl, and I look forward to seeing her become a Vespiquen. Special thanks to my Jigglypuff boy for using his cute charm to attract her. I ran into 2 shiny beautifly first on said safari, before meeting the sought after combee, so my queen will have these golden hummingbird bugs joining her court .

Another tale I have to share is one of a psychic safari where I hunted shiny espurr. As you know by now, I often run into other shiny pokemon before I get my target when I hunt this way, and this time I found shiny Abra first, and it's teleport shennegins were thwarted with the help of Bubblegum (my shiny Wobufett) and it's shadow tag, so now I have a timid, magic guard shiny Abra too.
The hunt for espurr also yielded 2 shiny girafarigs before I closed in on my cat, a calm boy and a hardy girl. One is expected to remain a girafarig, and the other (after being transferred) up to Violet might become a farigiraf in the future.

Espurr eventually came out of hiding, and wad a boy, just as I had hoped. I prefer Male Meowstic because it's more colorful and has bigger, warmer eyes. This bashful-natured kitty happened to also was lucky enough to have his hidden ability own tempo, so upon evolving into Meowstic he would have prankster.

I went hunting for luxio on an electric safari on another day, and I did get him. I love the honey color. Before a luxio came calling, I also spotted a shiny dedenne- which I caught. Not my first shiny dedennne, but it's a great shiny, so I don't mind another candy mouse. I found another shiny Pikachu too, also not my first, but it's still something to be grateful for, and since I found a pika clone, wouldn't be right to not find the real thing. I took my new shiny Pikachu to Pokemon Ultra Sun and trained her to be an Alolan Raichu.

On a different electric safari I came looking for manectric. I found a shiny stunfisk first, which was a little disappointing for a second since it wasn't the charcoal and gold dog I was shooting for, but I still decided to take it home too. I also encountered two dainty pink shiny pacharisu to add to my Pikachu clone collection, and little while later with some patience shiny manectric came up, and this bold baby now sits in my pokemon home.

On a fighting type safari I had quite an ordeal getting the shiny pancham I wanted. I ran into a shiny Machoke, which I have since traded with myself to turn into Machamp, then saw a shiny pancham and thought my hunt was over, but as I tried to weaken it I got myself tossed out of the battle by Pancham's circle throw. I didn't think that hunt through well enough. I knew that pancham could learn circle throw, and had a suction cups malamar to try to thwart a switch out, and proceeded to use my pokemon to hypnotize pancham, but forgot that pancham can also have mold breaker as a possible ability, overriding my ability, and this one happened to have it, and so it threw me and I failed this shiny. I tried again though, and 3 more shiny Machoke later I reclaimed my shiny Pancham, and this time I brought aegislash, the ghost said no fighting moves for you little bear. It turned out to be an iron fist pancham so it wasn't necessary, but best to prepared, just in case. My panda cub's shiny is subtle now, more of a chocolate tone, but will be a stronger red when it becomes Pangoro.

My steel safari brought me a shiny magneton, before I got the shiny metang I was looking for. It's all good though. I like Magnezone, and will make it one. It is calm btw. My docile metang is gorgeous and reminds me so much of Steven Stone, and his shiny metagross from the mega evolution special. This was not my only steel safari hunt, I did one for a shiny foretress, and got a couple of shiny ferroseeds by happenstance in the process.

My fire safari hunt was surprisingly uneventful. I was there for a shiny Braixen and got it, no surprise pokemon. I already had shiny Greninja and shiny Chesnaught, the now with this shiny Delphox to be I am proud to say that I have completed the Kalos starter trio.

I searched one of my flying safaris for a male tranquil with my cute charm clefairy in toe, and did get my boy. I had to encounter and catch the obligatory shiny spearow first, but got my tranquil. The headrest on the male Unfezant means everything to me.

I did one more bug safari, this time it was a vivillon hunt. I got shiny Butterfreed first, but it's good, it's a pretty shiny and I don't mind having another shiny butterfree. Many long hours of riding my bike through he tall grass later came the shiny Vivillon.

I decided to get shiny Ivysaur as well. I already have shiny bulbassur, and thought it would be nice to have a shiny of every stage of the evolutionary line. I did this with Charmander, and think Bulbasaur also deserves the same treatment and eventually Squirtle, because Kanto starters are that epic. I got my wish. There were four shiny oddishes that had to be dealt with first, and after they all joined up I finally got my Ivysaur at long last. A lovely timid chlorophyll user at that! Our hard work really paid off.

Last, but not least I did some dark hunts. While looking for a shiny sabeleye I found an extra shiny sneasel and mightyena, caught them--welcome critters, and eventually days later that precious bronze ghost with the Emerald on it's chest showed its face. She is a careful-natured little lady. I really hope to see it's mega again in Legends ZA, because she will look good carrying a big green jewel.

Then I went searching for shiny pawniard on one dark safari, and found shiny liepard. While, not what I was looking for, it is a pokemon of jaw-dropping beauty, so this was a happy accident indeed. I gave it a little while though, and then I got the brilliant ultra violet pawniard. Can't wait to turn this into Kingambit in the Paldea region. It will be annoying to walk around battling Bisharp's for the leader's crest, but we'll worth it.

My next hunts there will be Golurk and Spiritomb on a ghost safari, breeloom and mienfoo on fighting. Attached is a box of friend safari voyagers sitting pretty.

Attachments

• 20240425_100617.jpg
    20240425_100617.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Back