• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

unowen

The Wanderer
Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Oh man you're so lucky! Congrats!!

I ended up finding my bold shiny Spheal yesterday evening as well so I've moved onto MMing for jolly shiny Buneary. Give me some of your luck, maybe? c':
    I guess my luck isn't for what I want (Snivy) X"D
    Sure, I'd give you my luck if I can, so best wishes and good luck to you ^^ Are you still going for Buneary?

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (or whatever else you may celebrate !)
    I certainly did- and now I have Omega Ruby to keep me occupied. I decided that I would SR for a shiny Mudkip- no luck so far, after a steady 247+ resets.
    I'm playing the game alongside my older sister- she managed to find her shiny Treecko after only 100 or so tries! So I've been resetting nonstop, and will continue to do so until I can find my Mudkip.

Wish me luck- IVs don't matter much to me, but I'm really hoping for an Adamant male.

Happy hunting! :15:

Years
  • Welcome back to the club EnderJay and Sheep! Congrats on everyone's shinies, and welcome to all the new members. Just out of pure curiosity, anyone doing anything 1/8192 as of the moment?

As for me I'm at 12,000 REs for jigglypuff phase 2 and 5,356 SRs for Shaymin. I'm gonna go back through my posts here from 2012 or so and see how far I got with my Dialga hunt, and make it my New Year's Resolution hunt for 'Resolution Week' of the WSHC over on Youtube.

Anyway, good luck on everyone's hunts and I hope everyone had/is having a fantastic holiday!

Years
  • I guess my luck isn't for what I want (Snivy) X"D
    Sure, I'd give you my luck if I can, so best wishes and good luck to you ^^ Are you still going for Buneary?

Yep, I am! Fingers crossed. ^_^;

Congratulations on all of those finds- and best of luck on your new hunts![/spoiler]

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (or whatever else you may celebrate !)
    I certainly did- and now I have Omega Ruby to keep me occupied. I decided that I would SR for a shiny Mudkip- no luck so far, after a steady 247+ resets.
    I'm playing the game alongside my older sister- she managed to find her shiny Treecko after only 100 or so tries! So I've been resetting nonstop, and will continue to do so until I can find my Mudkip.

Wish me luck- IVs don't matter much to me, but I'm really hoping for an Adamant male.

Happy hunting! :15:

Great hearing that you've nabbed OR, hope you enjoy that. SRing for a shiny starter would be way too tedious for me since I'd be so tempted to actually start the game, heh. Good luck!

Welcome back to the club EnderJay and Sheep! Congrats on everyone's shinies, and welcome to all the new members. Just out of pure curiosity, anyone doing anything 1/8192 as of the moment?

As for me I'm at 12,000 REs for jigglypuff phase 2 and 5,356 SRs for Shaymin. I'm gonna go back through my posts here from 2012 or so and see how far I got with my Dialga hunt, and make it my New Year's Resolution hunt for 'Resolution Week' of the WSHC over on Youtube.

Anyway, good luck on everyone's hunts and I hope everyone had/is having a fantastic holiday!

Thanks a ton for the welcome back. =] Dear goodness you've been SRing for a while though aaaah.. kudos for having that sort of patience. I've tried SRing for a shiny Zekrom, Azelf, and Mesprit but in the end gave up after about an hour and moved on to other things. It's such a pain. :(

Years
  • Welcome back to the club EnderJay and Sheep! Congrats on everyone's shinies, and welcome to all the new members. Just out of pure curiosity, anyone doing anything 1/8192 as of the moment?

Moi! I'm doing RE for Tangela in LG because I don't want to grind levels on my Marowak or Haunter for hours on end to make sure I can safely catch the legendary birds, so there's that... Only reason I've chosen Tangela is because I had one way back when, so I guess it's to re-claim it. I'm also going for a shiny starter on SS whenever I feel like it - when I don't, I play through Platinum so I can go for another shiny Giratina to re-claim as well. I hope the starter I get shiny is Totodile - I've gotten the other two already now, although no longer have the Chikorita.

Back to the EZPZ/less rare shinies, I'm still going for Latias on OmegaRuby. Azelf and Uxie spoiled me by sparkling so fast. Then again, the amount of RAs I've done on Latias is probably creeping somewhere between 2.5 and 3 thousand. Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer ;_;

Years
  • {I'll probably delete this post later- I'm just interested in asking a quick question}
    Hello- I've been wanting to ask, what's everyone's usual luck with Soft Resetting for shiny starters?

I'm currently at 700 SRs on Mudkip- is the rate for ORAS still 1/8192? Thanks for your help in advance! :15:

I believe everything in X/Y/OR/AS is 1/4096, as the rate has doubled. I could be wrong, obviously.

Well, finally got my DS Lite from eBay in the mail. Gonna sprint through Platinum so I can SR for Giratina. Definitely miss having a shiny one ): And once I get all settled in hunting for that, I'll always be triple hunting for Giratina, Articuno on LG, and Latias on OR. Hopefully I can get something to shine before my next semester of school starts!

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
    Years
  • Hey guys, how's it going? G-Money contacted me recently and told me this thread is still going, haha. I was the Shiny Dex Updater, ten years ago, the second guy to post in this thread. We were just a small group of people doing this for fun back then, can't believe this club expanded to be so big and is still active.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • Welcome back to the returning members, and welcome to the new members!

Congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Rotom! Sorry for the delay. I've been sick.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • Hey guys, how's it going? G-Money contacted me recently and told me this thread is still going, haha. I was the Shiny Dex Updater, ten years ago, the second guy to post in this thread. We were just a small group of people doing this for fun back then, can't believe this club expanded to be so big and is still active.

Woah, an original legend has returned!!!! What an honor!!!!!! THE LEGENDARY DEX UPDATER!!!!!!! Thanks for coming, SkinnyGreenMan!!

Aaryn posted a couple of months ago, too! It's amazing that three of the original posters from the first page all posted in the Page 890s, more than 10 years later!!

And I love how the names are shiny today, haha!

Welcome to all new members and congrats on all the new shinies!!

Just out of pure curiosity, anyone doing anything 1/8192 as of the moment?

Yup! I've still got a few hundred shinies to get in Gens 3-5! I've just been playing OR lately - it's really, really awesome!!!!

This is super late...but it is still December!!! And you know what that means: it's time for the December Monthly Quest!!! There'll be a whole six hours to do it!!

The December Monthly Quest!!

Happy December!

To celebrate OR/AS, find two shinies that can be caught in Hoenn!!

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on January 31st, 2015.

Good luck and have fun!

Years
  • Guys, can you soft reset for shinies in Pokemon Emerald if the battery is dry?
    I saw you said something about R/S on the front page but not about Emerald, so I'm asking :D

Years
  • Happy New Year guys!

Started off this year with this little guy in Pokemon Platinum via chaining.

EeveeShinyXY.gif

Just getting him to appear in that trophy garden was hard and time consuming, let alone chaining for a shiny. Surprisingly, I got this guy on a chain 18, and the chances were 1/4369, so that's pretty cool. The closest I ever got to a random shiny encounter rate (1/8192) lol

Anyway, this guy is going to make one awesome Shiny Umbreon ^^

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2015
    Im from Brazil this is my first post my name is Adilson but people call me dilsinhu or Kira and i play Pokémon Since Fire Red in 2004.
    i do not have a 3ds so i did not play X Y or ORAS but i will when i get a job and buy the 3DS. XD

my first Shiny was an ONIX and he shows to me in pokemon GOLD in a cave i see he was diferent but i did not know that pokemons shinys exist

thats what i have today.

shiny total 29 + 6 event = 35 shinys

Shinys obtidos no matinho/in grass: 020
    Metang Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Clefairy Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Ditto Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Tranquill Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Mienfoo Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Mienfoo Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Boldore Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Boldore Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Durant Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Durant Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Wurmple Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: Emerald
    Wurmple Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: Ruby
    Marill Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: platinum

Shinys obtidos sem procurar/RANDOM: 001
    Trubbish Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white

Shinys obtidos Resetando/reseting: 008
    Kyurem Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Panpour Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Musharna Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Mewtwo Iv's: hp 23 atak 02 def 10 satak 30 sdef 05 sp 17 Ev's: Nature: Modest Ability: Pressure Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: firered
    Lugia Iv's: hp 12 atak 27 def 01 satak 14 sdef 12 sp 16 Ev's: Nature: Sassy Ability: Pressure Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: firered
    Ho oH Iv's: hp 30 atak 08 def 21 satak 07 sdef 16 sp 15 Ev's: Nature: Bashful Ability: Pressure Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: firered
    Deoxys Iv's: hp 13 atak 05 def 17 satak 00 sdef 04 sp 14 Ev's: Nature: Adamant Ability: Pressure Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: firered
    Abra Iv's: hp 27 atak 27 def 17 satak 06 sdef 07 sp 05 Ev's: Nature: Jolly Ability: Syncronize Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: firered

Shinys obtidos em Troca/trade: 001
    Trapinch Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Nature Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: ex dono:

No jogo/in game: 002
    Haxorus Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white 2
    Haxorus Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: black 2

Shinys obtidos em Ovos/breeding: 000

Shinys Masuda Method: 000

Shinys Pescando/fishing: 000

cauth pokemon shinys: 029 shinys + 006 event = 035 shinys

Pokémon Fire Red 999 hours 005 shinys
    Pokémon Leaf Green 999 hours 000 shinys
    Pokémon Ruby 999 hours 001 shinys
    Pokémon Sapphire 999 hours 000 shinys
    Pokémon Emerald 999 hours 001 shinys
    Pokémon Diamond 999 hours 000 shinys
    Pokémon Pearl 999 hours 000 shinys
    Pokémon Platinum 999 hours 001 shinys
    Pokémon HeartGold 999 hours 000 shinys
    Pokémon SoulSilver 999 hours 000 shinys
    Pokémon Black 999 hours 000 shinys
    Pokémon White 999 hours 019 shinys
    Pokémon Black 2 999 hours 001 shinys
    Pokémon White 2 999 hours 001 shinys

Event Shinys in pokemon white: 006

Altaria Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Salamance Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Hydreigon Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Flygon Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Kingdra Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white
    Druddigon Iv's: hp atak def satak sdef sp Ev's: Nature: Ability: Método: Ball: foto: Art: jogo: white

i lost one save, pokemon white with 5 shinys Munna, Dwebble, dratini, ponyta and litwick in 2014

i will put all the ivs and balls and that stuf in this later, that takes time and RIGHT NOW im RESETING CHARMANDER IN FIRE RED. XD

the reason that i have so many boldores and durants and mienfos is because i was searching for a DEINO shiny, but i do not find. but i got one in event, but its not the same feeling as find one, just saying kkkk

thanks Sorry the long post.

Last edited:

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • So 865 encounters in I have (some) success:

2015_01_02_16_08_08.jpg

For those who don't know, he is the one it defaults on and you have to press right to get to Mudkip. Maybe 6 times I didn't do this and saw Torchic instead, oh well it still shines!

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, and New Years celebration! I've got high hopes for 2015.

Still SRing for Mudkip- about 1741+ encounters into it. Hopefully, it won't last too much longer, as I'm looking forward to progressing through this new game.

Wish me luck! Happy Hunting! :15:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    (Sometimes I forget this club exists and I should feel bad. And I do.)

So! Currently in AS I am working on a shiny Lugia. In fact, I had been since December.... 10? I wanna say 10. Or 11. REgardless! I took a break after getting the Eon Ticket at a christmas party... And... well... 725 run aways and....

10343489_748388015216678_8107120070429781641_n.jpg

It doesn't look shiny next to the blue background but you can see the orange eyes! Maybe my games aren't all barren after all :D

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • So after 350ish encounters with the DexNav (and on a chain of 54) I found this guy. He was a 3 star as well, with 31 IVs in Attack, SpDef and Speed. Obviously I have TM'd the moves on:

2015_01_04_17_04_45.jpg

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • More shiny luck! Though it was the wrong one ( I wanted a Mareep), it is still a shiny. So 3 shinies already this year, 2 were the wrong ones lol. But as this was a full odds encounter, this does mean I have completed the January Challenge lol!

2015_01_05_10_15_45.jpg

Kydeka

Bringer of Ground
    Years
  • Hello, quite new here, but I'm always searching for one shiny or another!

My Shinies:
    Spoiler:

Just a few weeks ago I got my last one, Machop! He had adamant nature *_*
    machop.gif

Currently searching for:
    mudkip.gif

Back