• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • I got the White 2 Dratini yesterday.

Don't think I will evolve it past Dragonnair. (One of my favourite shinies)

Edit: Whilst horde hunting for a Shiny Nosepass today I found a Shiny Yanma in a hoard. Not what I was looking for but I do really like the electric blue colour.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    Heartgold/SoulSilver:
    - Birthday Shiny (and Dream Shiny :D) CYNDAQUIL
    - another Shiny Cyndaquil
    - Shiny Totodile
    Platinum:
    - PokeRadar 40 Chain Shiny Starly
    - PokeRadar 2 Chain (Considered full odds) Shiny Starly
    - SHINY GIRATINA
    XY:
    - Shiny Doduo
    - Shiny Relicanth
    - Shiny Skiddo
    - Shiny Froakie
    - Shiny Fennekin
    - Shiny Poliwhirl (2x)
    - Shiny Remoraid
    - Shiny Croagunk
    - Shiny Magikarp
    - Shiny Clauncher (4x)
    - Shiny Remoraid (2x)
    - Shiny Pupitar
    - Shiny Vanillite
    - Shiny Wingull
    - Shiny Zubat
    - Shiny Mareep now Ampharos
    - Shiny Quilladin
    - Shiny Staryu now Starmie
    - Shiny Politoad
    - Shiny Espurr
    - Shiny Abra (2x)
    - Shiny Growlighte
    - Shiny Phantump
    - Shiny Gulpin
    - Shiny Weepinbell
    - Shiny Magneton
    - Shiny Poliwhirl
    - Shiny Basculin (2x)
    - Shiny Poliwhirl
    - Shiny Basculin
    - Shiny Fletchinder
    - Shiny Swablu now Altaria
    - Shiny Clauncher
    - FULL ODDS Shiny Caterpie now Butterfree
    - Shiny Basculin (2x)
    - Shiny Poliwhirl
    - Shiny Throh
    - Shiny Vivillon
    - Shiny Wartortle
    - Shiny Fraxure
    - Shiny Shelgon
    - Shiny Noibat
    - Shiny Whirlipede
    - Shiny Togepi
    - Shiny Sneasel
    ORAS:
    - RANDOM FULL ODDS Shiny Lillipup
    - Shiny Skarmory
    - Shiny Shroomish
    - Shiny Deino
    - Shiny Larvesta
    - Shiny Wurmple
    - Shiny Poochyena
    - Birthday Shiny Zigzagoon
    - Shiny Sewaddle
    - Shiny Zorua
    - Shiny Seedot
    - Shiny Gothita
    - Shiny Tympole
    - Shiny Shellos
    - Shiny Eevee

Currently on a challenge I personally invented called All Shiny Route, where you basically need to catch every single Pokemon in a route as a shiny! Currently on Route 103 hunting for a Wingull!

Years
  • The only pokemon I have which is shiny is a shiny perfect IV ditto and a shiny Dialga in X which I was traded but I am wanting to find a shiny Zorua because I love that pokemon. But I did find a shiny Zubat in OR but I fainted it by mistake.

Last edited:

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
    Years
  • 16261 Route 116 encounters

Yup, my game is still running. "lol" The hunt continues!!

It's now time for...

The September Monthly Quest: The City!!

To complete this Quest, you must find three shinies:

1) A Steel-type shiny!
    2) An Electric-type shiny!
    3) A Poison-type shiny or a second Steel-type shiny or a second Electric-type shiny!

Completing this Quest within the time allotted will give your region official recognition of having a major city!!!!!!!

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EDT on October 24th, 2015.

Good luck and have fun!

..anybody know if my trainer id is that big a deal for sring

Nope, don't worry about it! It technically does have a tiny connection to shiny hunting, but the change is so tiny you won't really notice it anyway, and it involves the Secret ID, which we don't know, so we wouldn't be able to figure out which ID pairs are slightly better and which ones are slightly worse. Just go forth with whatever ID you have (or pick a cool-looking one!) and hunt shinies!! :)

Spoiler:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I dropped Pokemon for a while and stopped shiny hunting, but I picked back up on it recently and wanted to update a little.
    I'm playing through HeartGold using only shiny Pokemon, and I intend to get one prior to each gym, as well as before the Elite Four. This pictures shows all that I have so far:
    Spoiler:

(Sorry if it's huge!)

That being said, my copy of HeartGold keeps freezing, so I don't know if I'll be able to finish this. I keep having to re-train my Spearow because of it.

magolor

hsssah!
    Years
  • Woof- it's been forever since I've payed any attention to this group. Took a break from hunting for a little while, but nabbed a second shiny Pikachu once I got back to it. Already had a male, so now I've got a brand-new Shiny Raichu.

Spoiler:

I've recently developed quite the affinity for fairy-type Pokemon- so I think I've created my very own challenge. The
    Fairy Tale Challenge! A little quest to obtain all plausible fairy-type Pokemon. Starting it off at 3/18!

Spoiler:

Hopefully this should get me back into the spirit. Thinking about re-starting Pearl today, so I'll see where that takes me! Happy hunting! :15:

edit: In addition to restarting Pearl and hunting for fairy types in XY, I've taken up a more personal hunt- my sister recently lost one of her favorite Pokemon games, and with it, her first shiny Pokemon- a shiny Machamp from her Fire Red version.
    To cheer her up, I've taken up a Machop hunt in Rock Tunnel on her old Fire Red cartridge, in order to find a shiny that's virtually identical to her old favorite. This will (hopefully) be my first successful 1/8192 hunt, so wish me luck!

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • 17871 Route 116 encounters

It's now time for...

The October Monthly Quest: The Spooky Forest!!

To complete this Quest, you must find three shinies:

1) A Ghost-type shiny! (!!!)
    2) A Dark-type shiny!
    3) A Bug-type shiny!

Completing this Quest within the time allotted will give your region official recognition of having a Spooky Forest!!!!!!!

This month's challenge will also feature a Global Leaderboard - everyone can participate, and the three members with the most shinies eligible for this Quest will be honored for the Spooky Challenge! There'll also be a Global SHC score to see how many of these shinies we can find as a club!!

A huge thanks to Chr. Draco for coming up with this month's Quest and Challenge idea!

Chained and Safari Pokemon are not eligible to count for the Quest.

The contest lasts until midnight EST on November 2nd, 2015.

Good luck and have fun!

*continues hunting for Ghosts and is loving October when everyone joins on Ghost hunts* {XD}

I'm playing through HeartGold using only shiny Pokemon, and I intend to get one prior to each gym, as well as before the Elite Four.

Welcome back and congrats on the shiny! Good luck on your Badge Quest - that sounds like a really fun idea!

Shiny Raichu

Welcome back and congrats on your shiny! Awesome Quest idea on the Fairy Tale Challenge - let's see if you can complete yours before I finish my Ghost one! At my rate, you only have to finish by 2025 to beat me! :pink_laugh:

And good luck on Machop!

K im gonna give mewtwo another shot thx

Good luck! Mewtwo is a really cool shiny; hope you get it soon! :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Hello, got shiny Wartortle in friend safari. Trying to catch another. Will try for caterpie later. Good luck hunting!

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Hello, everyone! Hope Shiny hunts have been going reasonably well for you.

I was breeding for a Shiny Phantump on my Y just yesterday while watching Criminal Minds, so I thought I'd come and check if a Halloween hunt was going on - I guessed right. As it turned out, a Shiny Phantump did hatch in the process! I also got two Shinies in the process of catching a bunch of trade filler Zigzagoon so I can move my Pokédex from Y to AS (I'm not signed up to the box service).

I'll ponder which Dark- and Bug-types I'll hunt to meet the event's requirements.

I'll edit screenshots into the post in a bit. Here we go!

Kibbin:
    Spoiler:

Thaldo:
    Spoiler:

Oblanchi:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

G-Money

Years
  • 18681 Route 116 encounters

Yesterday, my Emerald finally froze after running continuously for 3 months, 8 days, 11 hours, 23 minutes, and 54 seconds! "lol" I was able to turn the game back on and luckily (or maybe unluckily, "lol") continue hunting since I only found one Emerald shiny in those 3+ months - Taillow, who came around 15 days in. I'm also starting about 12 hours later in the day this time, so I should be able to get an almost completely different set of RNG values!

Hello, got shiny Wartortle in friend safari. Trying to catch another. Will try for caterpie later. Good luck hunting!

Congrats! Good luck on the second Wartortle and Caterpie!

Shiny Phantump
    Zigzagoon

Congrats on those shinies!! Your Phantump puts you in first place on our SPOOKY CHALLENGE GLOBAL LEADERBOARD!!!

Any progress on your Nincada hunt? Those things are hard to find - I'm now up to 44,504 total encounters on Route 116, having seen four non-Nincada shinies, "lol!" {XD}

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Hello again! Nothing new since my last post.

Any progress on your Nincada hunt? Those things are hard to find - I'm now up to 44,504 total encounters on Route 116, having seen four non-Nincada shinies, "lol!" {XD}

Yikes - painful count on your hunt!

Good to know that my Nincada hunt has not been forgotten. I haven't gotten a Shiny Nincada yet, though I do occasionally go for some rounds of eggs. Not having Hatching Power keeps it a little less stressful, if slower, with old egg cycle mechanics plus HGSS' relative slowness compounding the matter.

On the topic of the Spooky Challenge: I've decided to hunt for a Yanma for the Bug entry as I personally find the Shiny colour scheme of Yanmega a bit more palatable than the normal one.

P.S: Feel free to poke me if you want a non-HA 31/X/31/31/31/31 or even 31/0/31/31/31/31 Yanma in Gen VI - I've got some nice parents at the Day Care.

Best of luck with your hunts!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    My turn to join...lol. I have 231 shinies right now. I have actually been working on trying to complete a Living Dex of shines. I get most by Wonder Trade.

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Fantastic news, everyone! I've finally ticked my Bug entry for the current event!

As previously announced, I hunted for a Yanma and succeeded. I bring you Midrali and the fortune of her max IV placements! (parents were 31/X/31/31/31/31 and 31/0/31/31/31/31):

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'll check which Dark-type Shiny I want to hunt and edit this post when I've decided. Alright - Zorua it is. Going to plan out what kind of moveset and nature I want for it, first.

@Caite-chan/ShinyCharizard561: Welcome aboard, guys! We'll need one of our friendly neighbourhood SHC staff to approve your membership, but you should be fine.

@Caite-chan: Nice project! I personally don't see the appeal behind a Shiny Living 'Dex because of the amount of Shinies I wouldn't like having, but how about you? Are there any Shinies you dislike?

Good luck on your hunts, everyone!

P.S.: Shiny Yanma looks so good that I'm not sure I want to evolve it! If I decide not to, I always have a bunch of non-Shiny perfect Yanma on the side that I can evolve and use.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: Shiny Zorua GET!

Monthly Challenge Complete!

I got lucky and got a Japanese male Ponyta with 31/31/31/X/31/31 IVs from Wonder Trade, so my chances to get a usable Shiny Zorua went up drastically. Ended up with 27/31/31/29/31/31; near-flawless! Given how fragile Zoroark is, I'll accept my fortune with landing 27 in HP and just carry on to other things.

Kuzenn-Ri:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT2: Shiny Wingull showed up while EV training my Zorua and Yanma for Speed. Does anyone want it?

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have been on a Shiny Hunting kick lately. My recent Shinys:

Wonder Trade - Meowstic Male - Really nice Gold Colour

Friend Safari - Female Maractus - Looks pretty good

Chain Fishing
    Spoiler:

Next Hunt - Staryu in X.

G-Money

Years
  • 20555 Route 116 encounters

Hi guys I am new here, I do not have any shinies yet but I think I will be chain fishing tonight.

Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club!! Good luck on your hunts and I hope you find a lot of shinies!!

My turn to join...lol. I have 231 shinies right now. I have actually been working on trying to complete a Living Dex of shines. I get most by Wonder Trade.

"lol" that's a ton!! Welcome to the SHC and good luck on your Living Dex!

Yanma

Zorua

Monthly Challenge Complete!

Congrats on those shinies and their great IVs!

A huge congrats on completing the October Monthly Quest!!! With three eligible shinies, you're way ahead of everyone else on the SPOOKY CHALLENGE GLOBAL LEADERBOARD!!!

My recent Shinys:

Wow, congrats on all of those shinies!! Good luck on Staryu!

EDIT: "lol"

Spoiler:

A third SHINY TAILLOW!!!!!!!!

I'm convinced that shiny Nincada is the boss of Route 116, and you have to defeat all of his bodyguards to get to him.

I'm glad that Taillow waited until #20767 to arrive, since that's a pretty cool number, haha. I wonder how many shinies the Nincada king has in his army? I have to pass all of these trials to prove that I'm worthy to face the shiny who yields two, haha!

This Taillow has a different level and nature than my other Emerald Taillow, and I caught it on a different day (this one appeared only ten days after leaving the game on, "lol"), so I know for sure it's not an RNG duplicate.

The hunt continues!

25 Route 116 encounters

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Thanks for the welcomes. :D I just felt the need to do something totally different so going for a shiny living dex was totally different for me. As for shinies I don't like I would have to say the ones I don't really care for would be the ones that don't have much change...Gengar for example.

Paulthagerous

Master of the Dragonites
    Years
  • Hey guys, haven't had much time to shiny hunt lately, but should be able to get back into it now! Am compiling a list of all my shinies so far, but it's taking a while! Still not quite sure what to go for next though, but thinking I will chain fish a feebas....

Runasutaru

Guardian Spectre
    Years
  • Spoiler:

A third SHINY TAILLOW!!!!!!!!

I'm convinced that shiny Nincada is the boss of Route 116, and you have to defeat all of his bodyguards to get to him.

Yikes! Congratulations on the Shiny, even if it is not the Nincada you're hunting for. Let's hope the Big Boss is next up on your bling list!

@Caite-chan: I guess it is different; I just worry about how long it might take. A lot of Shinies can be acquired through PokéRadar and DexNav, so maybe that eases the load. As for Gengar: at least it has a really cool Shiny for the Mega.

@Paulthagerous: Hey, there! Long time no see! That list must be pretty big.

Good luck on your hunts, everyone!

Back