• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 4, 2014
They're giving away a shiny kanto starter June 28th at the Ocala Comic Con in Ocala, FL to whoever can defeat the Elite 4 they put together. There's also a big tournament where youc an win a 3dsxl and a gift certificate to gamestop.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
They're giving away a shiny kanto starter June 28th at the Ocala Comic Con in Ocala, FL to whoever can defeat the Elite 4 they put together. There's also a big tournament where youc an win a 3dsxl and a gift certificate to gamestop.

I'm nowhere near Florida. Lol. I would sweep them with my level 99 Shiny Magikarp. =P

Years
So, I got my Shiny Charm last night. Today, I started hunting the Friend Safaris for Pokemon to IV breed. Now, I have never been lucky with finding shinies before, except for chain fishing, which is pretty easy.
I got two shinies in FS in under 30 minutes and I hatched a shiny Mankey (while trying to pass down Seismic Toss to another Pokemon). So, that's three shinies in under two hours. Either I got lucky today, or that Shiny Charm works :D

Years
Can someone attempt to chain either a shiny Litleo or a shiny Fletchling for me? I will be giving away shinies to anyone who can help. I've tried and every time something breaks my chain. :/

Ugh, I reached a chain of 39 for Litleo and it broke. I swear, the patch was perfect. I actually kept resetting a good few times to find a perfect patch, too. Gonna take a break to IV breed. I'll try again tomorrow.

Mason69

Sleeping...
Years
Hatched a shiny espurr in 15 minutes the first time I tried to breed for shinies in Y, ever since then I started breeding for a shiny mareep and never got another one :(

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
rofl Two weeks ago I started playing my newly bought Pokemon Y game (I also have X but already completed everything in the game and already have almost 60 shinies in there through FS, breeding MM and chain fishing).

I was two hours in the game (just started) and when training I found (and caught) a Gentle shiny (male) Bidoof on Route 22 xD But, still a shiny nonetheless :3
This is my first random shiny in the X and Y games without the Shiny Charm or chaining or anything ;) quite funny it's a Bidoof imo (luckily I didn't have a shny Bidoof on my X game).

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
rofl Two weeks ago I started playing my newly bought Pokemon Y game (I also have X but already completed everything in the game and already have almost 60 shinies in there through FS, breeding MM and chain fishing).

I was two hours in the game (just started) and when training I found (and caught) a Gentle shiny (male) Bidoof on Route 22 xD But, still a shiny nonetheless :3
This is my first random shiny in the X and Y games without the Shiny Charm or chaining or anything ;) quite funny it's a Bidoof imo (luckily I didn't have a shny Bidoof on my X game).

Nice! I love hearing success stories!

She_Delphox

Years
:D

I'm so happy, just now I caught a wild Shiny Tauros at Route 12, Lonely nature which suits him great imo :D

This is my second random encounter Shiny (and my 2nd shiny) in my Pokemon Y game :D So far I obtained in this game:
- Shiny Bidoof at Route 22
- Shiny Tauros at Route 12

I haven't obtained any items like Oval Charm, Shiny Charm or Pokeradar yet (I do got all of those items in my X game, and I have many more shinies in my X game). I just got into this game, I obtained my third badge ^_^ Will continue to train, I wasn't expecting this ofcourse, I was so glad I just had enough Pokeballs with me, since Tauros can be hard to catch :3 My Shiny Tauros also has Anger Point, which raises his Attack and Rest as a move so I tried to catch him as soon as possible when he used Rest ;) It's in a Premier Ball now!

Even with over 60+ shinies (all obtained myself in a legit way ofcourse) and now 2 in my Y game, my mouth still drops when I encounter one :3 :D

Keep up the hunting everyone! :D

Last edited:

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
:D

I'm so happy, just now I caught a wild Shiny Tauros at Route 12, Lonely nature which suits him great imo :D

This is my second random encounter Shiny (and my 2nd shiny) in my Pokemon Y game :D So far I obtained in this game:
- Shiny Bidoof at Route 22
- Shiny Tauros at Route 12

I haven't obtained any items like Oval Charm, Shiny Charm or Pokeradar yet (I do got all of those items in my X game, and I have many more shinies in my X game). I just got into this game, I obtained my third badge ^_^ Will continue to train, I wasn't expecting this ofcourse, I was so glad I just had enough Pokeballs with me, since Tauros can be hard to catch :3 My Shiny Tauros also has Anger Point, which raises his Attack and Rest as a move so I tried to catch him as soon as possible when he used Rest ;) It's in a Premier Ball now!

Even with over 60+ shinies (all obtained myself in a legit way ofcourse) and now 2 in my Y game, my mouth still drops when I encounter one :3 :D

Keep up the hunting everyone! :D
Mine does too, it's just so rewarding hearing that sparkle. ^^~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 3, 2015
i suck at shiny hunting, i get frustrated and give up. especially when trying to breed

She_Delphox

Years
i suck at shiny hunting, i get frustrated and give up. especially when trying to breed

If I just could say this to you :), no one has to be 'good' or 'bad' at shiny hunting, it is all a matter of luck to be honest... Therefore, some people have more luck than others and I know that this can be frustrating...

The only tip I can give you is to be patient at all times and be always prepared :) You never know when a random shiny appears, or you could try to keep on breeding using Masuda Method to start with :) Remember, patience is key and don't let the game beat you! Your patience will be rewarded with a shiny and there isn't anything better then that after the hard work you put into it :D

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Just yesterday, I found a random shiny Caterpie, without hunting for it.

I do plan to do an Eevee project, to get all shiny Eeveelutions.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 10, 2014
Gave up today breeding for a shiny Minccino at about 200 eggs. ): I'm so impatient.

Before that I hatched over 400 eggs for a shiny Eevee.

The only shiny I've ever had is a shiny Machoke in diamond, I lost my copy of that game though. :/

Back