• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Posted this in the journal thread, but now that I think of it, it might fit here more.

Last nite, I was training in my available Audino Safari, with the Chansey available in the third slot and Teddiursa in the first (a great experience building Safari!). I had two Diggersby tagging along for Pickup abilities, which started at Lv.3 and just kept going up with the Exp Share, and I only brought them because they have the extra boost for trade leveling (received at Lv.3, but never used the Amie with them). During the long training session, I finally reached Lv.48 and taught one of them Super Fang, omitting it from the other as I decided I would take the one with the move later to help catch Zygarde and Mewtwo (which I have yet to do in the game, instead importing a Lv.70 event).

Right after reaching Lv.48, the very next encounter was a Shiny Teddiursa, my second Shiny encounter in the game (the first being a Bellsprout that I had to carefully leave alive while defeating the rest of a horde). My heart skipped a beat for a moment when I realized I had nothing below Lv.48 due to the extensive training, and no Quick Balls...then I remembered Super Fang, just taught. While I later experimented and Grass Knot WOULD have been good for a single hit, I couldn't take my chances at that moment and swapped Diggersby in for his first battle. Two bites later, I had a Lv.30 Shiny Teddiursa in a standard Pokéball and Diggersby standing like a boss with hardly any effect.

Teddiursa has 81 HP and stats of 68 44 35 44 35, giving me perfect IVs likely in Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. I'm thrilled. I was even more thrilled when I read "Honey Gather", its hidden ability. I don't intend to use it for the time being, but if I eventually get it cloned, I might have to train one myself since I can then add Shiny Ursaring to my Dex.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2014
    I have a shiny Infernape and Magikarp. I'm looking for a male shiny axew, gibile or froakie with perfect IV's and non hacked. If you have any of them please PM me.
    I also have a few legendaries for trade including Reshiram and Celebi

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Chained a shiny Spritzee, Ducklett and Phantump tonight. Probably took around 4 hrs total.
    For the past few days, I have tried chaining around Route 10 and that is a pretty frustrating area to chain in. My chains broke a few times because no grass shook (I am assuming it is because of the rocks, even though I did not step in a patch that was next to the rocks or anything that would qualify as an edge). Then, I decided to try again and take precautions not to step in patches that would break it and that proved to take very long. After 3 hrs, I had only reached chain 27 and was starting to feel sleepy, so I gave up.
    Anyone had any luck chaining in Route 10? If so, which area of Route 10 did you chain in? I really want a shiny Hawlucha and Eevee and the MM and FS methods bore me to death.

I have a shiny Hawlucha AND a shiny Eevee. The Eevee's female too. I'm open to offers. ^^

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Posted this in the journal thread, but now that I think of it, it might fit here more.

Last nite, I was training in my available Audino Safari, with the Chansey available in the third slot and Teddiursa in the first (a great experience building Safari!). I had two Diggersby tagging along for Pickup abilities, which started at Lv.3 and just kept going up with the Exp Share, and I only brought them because they have the extra boost for trade leveling (received at Lv.3, but never used the Amie with them). During the long training session, I finally reached Lv.48 and taught one of them Super Fang, omitting it from the other as I decided I would take the one with the move later to help catch Zygarde and Mewtwo (which I have yet to do in the game, instead importing a Lv.70 event).

Right after reaching Lv.48, the very next encounter was a Shiny Teddiursa, my second Shiny encounter in the game (the first being a Bellsprout that I had to carefully leave alive while defeating the rest of a horde). My heart skipped a beat for a moment when I realized I had nothing below Lv.48 due to the extensive training, and no Quick Balls...then I remembered Super Fang, just taught. While I later experimented and Grass Knot WOULD have been good for a single hit, I couldn't take my chances at that moment and swapped Diggersby in for his first battle. Two bites later, I had a Lv.30 Shiny Teddiursa in a standard Pokéball and Diggersby standing like a boss with hardly any effect.

Teddiursa has 81 HP and stats of 68 44 35 44 35, giving me perfect IVs likely in Attack, Defense, and Special Defense. I'm thrilled. I was even more thrilled when I read "Honey Gather", its hidden ability. I don't intend to use it for the time being, but if I eventually get it cloned, I might have to train one myself since I can then add Shiny Ursaring to my Dex.

Quite an inspiring story. I'm glad everyone's working hard to find shinies. I have a success story of my own from last night!

So I was just doing some REs to check out my new shiny Vivillon and shiny Girafarig, and on the second RE I found a shiny Bunnelby! It's now a Diggersby, and honestly..it's a bit disappointing. But hey, a shiny is a shiny. :3

vestalcoon

Clownshoe Elite
    Years
  • I've got a shiny Ditto I'm interested in trading if someone makes a good offer. His name's Apallo. He's got a 31 IV in Special Defense. SOMEONE TAKE HIM FROM ME

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I found a second Shiny Teddiursa last nite. Haven't done a stat check. Interestingly, I didn't have a good battle for it at the time as everything over-leveled it badly enough to decimate it without capture; fortunately, I had Sleep Powder as a move, and one dusting of that allowed for a quick and easy capture.

EDIT: Go figure. I now have a third Shiny Teddiursa. Let me grab this horseshoe out of my butt...

Last edited:

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • Well,
    yesterday was a great day for shiny hunting for me :D

2 shiny clamperl (fishing) and a shiny chansey (friend safari)

The chansey has perfect IV's in def, sp atk, and sp def. (Guessing that's good for competitive?)

Now hunting for a shiny dratini in Route 21. Also, trying to get good at the Pokeradar like i was in 4th gen. (7 Shiny electabuzz, 4 shiny larvitar, 2 shiny skitty, 2 shiny wingull)

Good luck to everyone, keep on hunting.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Well,
    yesterday was a great day for shiny hunting for me :D

2 shiny clamperl (fishing) and a shiny chansey (friend safari)

The chansey has perfect IV's in def, sp atk, and sp def. (Guessing that's good for competitive?)
    Funny you mentioned Chansey. My three Shiny Teddiursa all came - WITHOUT the Poké Radar, I note - from a Safari that contains Teddiursa, Audino...and Chansey.

EDIT: Shiny Audino finally put in an appearance. I'm now getting Shinies at the rate of, oh, one every couple of days. I saw a thread give it 1/512 odds.

Last edited:

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    Wow, I'm amazed at some of the luck in this thread. I haven't found my own shiny yet unfortunately =(. I haven't tried for one specifically but I've been playing, breeding and catching for a while now >.> lol.

My little brother however caught a shiny Calm natured Altaria in his Black 2 while just playing through the game normally...lucky devil lol

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Well, I was considering starting a shiny collection. But I figured I'd wait until I get the Shiny Charm until I truely begin my search. However, I just managed to get a shiny Larvesta using the Masuda Method :D so pleased!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I made a discovery today.

I decided to start a Meowth breeding project, so I took a baby Meowth and imported it into Kalos after cloning it (I hope I cloned it...). I leveled it up, let it evolve, and used it to do some breeding, keeping an eye out for the pink tail and darker fur for a Shiny.

What I did not notice: the very Meowth I evolved from Unova, and the exact same one I used to breed two 5IV Meowth this morning, is that very Shiny. It's now a Lv.61 parent to 20 Meowth, around half of whom have been sent over WT (with more to come).

And I didn't even notice I had a Shiny right under my nose.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • I spent a good 2 weeks looking for a shiny honedge using the Matsuda method, because i figured it wouldn't be as hard as it was. After I finally managed to get it, with a good 11 boxes full of honedge, I tried to get a shiny Gallade, which was worse because i got 2 shiny ralts that were both female before finally getting a male.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I spent a good 2 weeks looking for a shiny honedge using the Matsuda method, because i figured it wouldn't be as hard as it was. After I finally managed to get it, with a good 11 boxes full of honedge, I tried to get a shiny Gallade, which was worse because i got 2 shiny ralts that were both female before finally getting a male.

Doing a few hunts currently, I have a shiny Zoroark up for trade, it's level 51. I am accepting offers~

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Spent some more time in the Normal-type Teddiursa/Audino/Chansey Safari. I finally encountered a Shiny Chansey at about 2:53 PM EDT. I panicked because I had been leveling up some Pokémon for the Dex and didn't have any good movesets available. The Quick Ball failed to do the job.

Wrought with worry and pondering for a couple of minutes, I finally took the five-IV Lv.37 Meowth I was leveling (lowest available level at the time) and sent it out to use Pay Day. Thanks to a Minimize, it took three attempts, and drained more than half the HP. A Take Down or three from Chansey lowered it slightly more via recoil (5 HP each time) while I chucked Pokéballs in failure, then it used Soft-Boiled and went back into the green. Feeling almost sick, I used Pay Day again and sent it down into the red. I knew if another Soft-Boiled was used it would be too strong to capture, and almost impossible to hit again without making it faint, meaning I'd have to let it heal fully before trying again.

Literally on the edge of my seat, my next Pokéball failed, and again it was using Minimize and Take Down. The following Pokéball shook thrice and clicked, and the trifecta was complete. Got every Shiny from that Safari now. I'll still train there for the XP at times, but I can explore Shinies from other Safaris now.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Wow, I'm amazed at some of the luck in this thread. I haven't found my own shiny yet unfortunately =(. I haven't tried for one specifically but I've been playing, breeding and catching for a while now >.> lol.

My little brother however caught a shiny Calm natured Altaria in his Black 2 while just playing through the game normally...lucky devil lol

It's always nice to hear that sparkle..I get so excited when I hear it! I hope you find a shiny soon! Try chain fishing, it's the easiest method, just make sure to time your reels right and bring a Pokemon with Suction Cups/Sticky Hold. Octillery or Inkay/Malamar would be best suited.

Years
  • I ran into a shiny Amoongus by accident a few months ago.
    Then I started chaining for a shiny Magikarp. Got one on the bus on my way to school, and immediately traded it to my friend for a shiny Ursaring.
    The next day, I got another one during lunch, and then traded it to my other friend for a shiny Honedge, which is now an Aegislash (WORTH IT!)
    About a month after that, I traded my Zekrom for a perfect IV shiny Serperior (also worth it) seems legit, too)).
    It's funny, because I then traded my other Serperior for another Zekrom, which I then traded for a shiny Croagunk. I'm not a huge fan of Croagunk though, so I'm trying to trade that, too (SHINY LAPRAS PLEASE).
    I'm currently using the Masuda method for a shiny Zorua. Trying to get at least 5 eggs hatched per day; I'll get it eventually.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I've started working on my Shiny Charm progress. First step: the Kalos Dex. However, I just imported 30 babies recently, and am first working on Steel Wing Vullaby. I have a 5IV in each species, so just gotta train them and then breed. This is actually fun. :)

Also popped a batch of Slowpoke Eggs for an evolution trade, there and back. So I plan to have a 5IV Lv.1 Slowking.

I'm not worrying too much about Masuda Method until I get the extra ticks from the Shiny Charm. Then I'm going breeding. Until then, I'm doing a TON of Wonder Trading via my breeding rejects and storing whole groups of foreign Pokémon (got eight from France in one box). I hope to eventually use them with some 5IV specimen towards getting a decent-IV Shiny.

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I ran into a shiny Amoongus by accident a few months ago.
    Then I started chaining for a shiny Magikarp. Got one on the bus on my way to school, and immediately traded it to my friend for a shiny Ursaring.
    The next day, I got another one during lunch, and then traded it to my other friend for a shiny Honedge, which is now an Aegislash (WORTH IT!)
    About a month after that, I traded my Zekrom for a perfect IV shiny Serperior (also worth it) seems legit, too)).
    It's funny, because I then traded my other Serperior for another Zekrom, which I then traded for a shiny Croagunk. I'm not a huge fan of Croagunk though, so I'm trying to trade that, too (SHINY LAPRAS PLEASE).
    I'm currently using the Masuda method for a shiny Zorua. Trying to get at least 5 eggs hatched per day; I'll get it eventually.

I have a Shiny Lapras. ^^

Back