• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 10, 2014
So I just HAVE to come on here and rant. I've been chaining for four hours straight! I don't think I've ever played a game for so long without a break, I have serious square eyes right now.

I managed a chain of 36 Snubbul when a Golett broke it. But I swear to high heaven the piece of grass was exactly the same as the last 36 I stepped in! I'm sure it's just trolling me. I've had numerous other successful chains, and the music has changed and made a different noise twice, which I assume was a shiny, but I couldn't find the correct piece of grass because like, seven started shaking at they were all pretty much the same. *sigh*

At least it's more interested than hatching eggs for shinies... I have up after 1000 shinies and no luck.

I just want a stinkin' shiny I can say I've caught/bred myself lol. Any advice? This is really starting to take the peas. ):

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
So I just HAVE to come on here and rant. I've been chaining for four hours straight! I don't think I've ever played a game for so long without a break, I have serious square eyes right now.

I managed a chain of 36 Snubbul when a Golett broke it. But I swear to high heaven the piece of grass was exactly the same as the last 36 I stepped in! I'm sure it's just trolling me. I've had numerous other successful chains, and the music has changed and made a different noise twice, which I assume was a shiny, but I couldn't find the correct piece of grass because like, seven started shaking at they were all pretty much the same. *sigh*

At least it's more interested than hatching eggs for shinies... I have up after 1000 shinies and no luck.

I just want a stinkin' shiny I can say I've caught/bred myself lol. Any advice? This is really starting to take the peas. ):

While I can't do much in person, I suggest being really picky about grass patches. It got me a Shiny Furfrou. ^^ Tell me how this works for you!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 10, 2014
While I can't do much in person, I suggest being really picky about grass patches. It got me a Shiny Furfrou. ^^ Tell me how this works for you!

I thought I was being cautious, obviously not enough. I think I just rush a little after I chain about 20... not worth starting from the beginning though I guess! Thanks for the advice and congrats on the Furfrou. C:

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
Thank you. ^^ I got a shiny hawlucha last night on a measly chain of 12! Looks like taking my time a bit more did pay off. :P

Congratulations on the shiny! I found a shiny Illumise on a chain of 4 today, and I also found a shiny Smeargle but it struggled itself to death. ;-; Going to reclaim it soon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 10, 2014
Aww that's too bad. ): Congrats on the Illumise though, they look so much better shiny than in their normal colour.

I've become a bit of a shiny hunting pro. ;) Got myself a shiny Luvdisc, Poliwhirl and Seadra today. I wish I'd know how easy fishing for shinies was a few days ago! The Poliwhirl took about 45 minutes, but I got the Luvdisc on my fourth catch and the Seadra around the 20th. So I'm pretty happy today.

Now just to get my shiny Snubbul!

Years
Honestly I didn't think I was going to be blessed with this many shinies on my own effort.

My MMs: Ralts, Marill, Ghastly, Zangoose
Hordes: Cubchoo, Cubchoo, Psyduck
Safari: Machoke (in just 2 encounters)

For MM I'm gonna try Scraggy, Dribloon and Trevenant next. As for hording I'll just find them while EV training.

Years
I chained a shiny Riolu last night, but I got him so easily (chain 15), I traded him away on the GTS for a Therian Forme Thundurus.

Congratulations on the shiny! I found a shiny Illumise on a chain of 4 today, and I also found a shiny Smeargle but it struggled itself to death. ;-; Going to reclaim it soon.

Grats on the Illumise. Sorry Smeargle got away from you. That almost happened to me, too. He was on his last bit of HP, then I was like..."Ugh, I'm gonna have to chain this guy again.." I threw a Repeat Ball at him and said "Staaaayy..." And boom, got him..XD

Rich43421

Rom hack dev
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
If anyone on this thread thinks they have bad luck with shinies i have made two rom hacks and finished yellow,blue,gold,fire red,sapphire,ruby,emerald,diamond,platinum,black,white 2,and Y never have found a shiny in any pokemon game ever :(

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
I chained a shiny Riolu last night, but I got him so easily (chain 15), I traded him away on the GTS for a Therian Forme Thundurus.

Grats on the Illumise. Sorry Smeargle got away from you. That almost happened to me, too. He was on his last bit of HP, then I was like..."Ugh, I'm gonna have to chain this guy again.." I threw a Repeat Ball at him and said "Staaaayy..." And boom, got him..XD

Anyone else finding shiny legendary birds for simple Pokes? I got a Shiny, Five IV Articuno off of the GTS for a Vanillish. :P

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 7, 2015
does anyone have suggestions on finding a shiny Ralts?
i really want to find one.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
Ahw I just hatched an ADORABLE Shiny Pichu (57 Eggs)! :3 It's a male and it knows Volt Tackle because I wanted my first Volt Tackle-Pichu to be shiny and fight for me in my All-Shiny-Kanto-Team (which consists now of Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Pichu).

I still need to breed a last shiny Kanto Pokemon now, will focus on that soon :3

does anyone have suggestions on finding a shiny Ralts?
i really want to find one.

If you're up for this, the most reliable thing I could suggest is the Masuda Method. Try breeding for a shiny Ralts (with two foreign parents like a Japanese Ditto and a Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir of your own). You will need a lot of patience and persistence but eventually it pays off! :) Good luck!

Years
Chained a shiny Spritzee, Ducklett and Phantump tonight. Probably took around 4 hrs total.
For the past few days, I have tried chaining around Route 10 and that is a pretty frustrating area to chain in. My chains broke a few times because no grass shook (I am assuming it is because of the rocks, even though I did not step in a patch that was next to the rocks or anything that would qualify as an edge). Then, I decided to try again and take precautions not to step in patches that would break it and that proved to take very long. After 3 hrs, I had only reached chain 27 and was starting to feel sleepy, so I gave up.
Anyone had any luck chaining in Route 10? If so, which area of Route 10 did you chain in? I really want a shiny Hawlucha and Eevee and the MM and FS methods bore me to death.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 10, 2014
Chained a shiny Spritzee, Ducklett and Phantump tonight. Probably took around 4 hrs total.
For the past few days, I have tried chaining around Route 10 and that is a pretty frustrating area to chain in. My chains broke a few times because no grass shook (I am assuming it is because of the rocks, even though I did not step in a patch that was next to the rocks or anything that would qualify as an edge). Then, I decided to try again and take precautions not to step in patches that would break it and that proved to take very long. After 3 hrs, I had only reached chain 27 and was starting to feel sleepy, so I gave up.
Anyone had any luck chaining in Route 10? If so, which area of Route 10 did you chain in? I really want a shiny Hawlucha and Eevee and the MM and FS methods bore me to death.

I love chaining at Route 10, it's where I got my first shiny - Hawlucha not so long ago. I chain in the part that is on the right hand side, just underneath the woman in the green dress. But to be honest, I end up all over the place lol. I know one of the rules is to 'never enter grass on the edge' but I have numerous times and it's not broke my chain. Maybe because I set the radar after each time I found one on the edge. So perhaps that's something you could try?

I personally find it easy to chain here, as my vision doesn't seem to great when looking at a screen and I can't differentiate between grass when it's all in a big block. The gaps and the rocks really help me to see better.

I had a break recently for chain fishing, which was really successful. I might go back to Route 10 now to chain for that ever elusive shiny Snubbul! ^^

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
Spent literally WEEKS trying to breed Squirtle using Masuda Method to get a Shiny, go in a Friend Safari and before long, a SHINY WARTORTLE appears!! :)

Years
I love chaining at Route 10, it's where I got my first shiny - Hawlucha not so long ago. I chain in the part that is on the right hand side, just underneath the woman in the green dress. But to be honest, I end up all over the place lol. I know one of the rules is to 'never enter grass on the edge' but I have numerous times and it's not broke my chain. Maybe because I set the radar after each time I found one on the edge. So perhaps that's something you could try?

I personally find it easy to chain here, as my vision doesn't seem to great when looking at a screen and I can't differentiate between grass when it's all in a big block. The gaps and the rocks really help me to see better.

I had a break recently for chain fishing, which was really successful. I might go back to Route 10 now to chain for that ever elusive shiny Snubbul! ^^

Thanks for the advice. I have a day off today, so I will try again. I'll let you know how it goes.

XxTOOLxX

The Playboy
Years
I've been playing pokemon games since I was 6 (Pokemon Crystal : My first, and most true love ^.^) And I have never had ANY shiny other than the gyrados, that they practically throw into your lap in gen 2... Until last week after COUNTLESS hatches at trying for a shiny froakie... I got it!!!!... And it had torrent somehow -.- I've never been so mad at pokemon in my life, so I traded it on wonder trade, figuring someone might appreciate it, and got a mudkip back from it... Not the worst thing since, I didn't have one, but still.

Rich43421

Rom hack dev
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
I've been playing pokemon games since I was 6 (Pokemon Crystal : My first, and most true love ^.^) And I have never had ANY shiny other than the gyrados, that they practically throw into your lap in gen 2... Until last week after COUNTLESS hatches at trying for a shiny froakie... I got it!!!!... And it had torrent somehow -.- I've never been so mad at pokemon in my life, so I traded it on wonder trade, figuring someone might appreciate it, and got a mudkip back from it... Not the worst thing since, I didn't have one, but still.

Atleast you have found one shiny im still looking for my first, i must be cursed or something and ive been playing pokemon longer than you have

Back