• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
Years
  • Spent some more time in the Normal-type Teddiursa/Audino/Chansey Safari. I finally encountered a Shiny Chansey at about 2:53 PM EDT. I panicked because I had been leveling up some Pokémon for the Dex and didn't have any good movesets available. The Quick Ball failed to do the job.

Wrought with worry and pondering for a couple of minutes, I finally took the five-IV Lv.37 Meowth I was leveling (lowest available level at the time) and sent it out to use Pay Day. Thanks to a Minimize, it took three attempts, and drained more than half the HP. A Take Down or three from Chansey lowered it slightly more via recoil (5 HP each time) while I chucked Pokéballs in failure, then it used Soft-Boiled and went back into the green. Feeling almost sick, I used Pay Day again and sent it down into the red. I knew if another Soft-Boiled was used it would be too strong to capture, and almost impossible to hit again without making it faint, meaning I'd have to let it heal fully before trying again.

Literally on the edge of my seat, my next Pokéball failed, and again it was using Minimize and Take Down. The following Pokéball shook thrice and clicked, and the trifecta was complete. Got every Shiny from that Safari now. I'll still train there for the XP at times, but I can explore Shinies from other Safaris now.

Would you like to exchange friend codes sometime? Mine is in my sig, and my IGN is Akuryou. ^^

Years
  • I have yet to find a shiny in pokemon X and Y, but I have gone to the extent of breeding one. I breed a shiny Eevee that then became my beautiful Espeon (I think a bright green Espeon is cool ;P ) but I have never tried to find a shiny in the wild... so, I ask, any tips?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I have yet to find a shiny in pokemon X and Y, but I have gone to the extent of breeding one. I breed a shiny Eevee that then became my beautiful Espeon (I think a bright green Espeon is cool ;P ) but I have never tried to find a shiny in the wild... so, I ask, any tips?
    Search in a Friend Safari. You have better odds, and they get a minimum of two 31 IVs and possibly a hidden ability. Just ask my four Shiny Teddiursa (one which accidentally joined my party and quickly became an Ursaring), my Shiny Audino, and my Shiny Chansey. Meanwhile, I did locate in a horde a Lv.14 Shiny Bellsprout that took ages to isolate because the team did a great job using troll moves to make quick work of their Lv.41 or so opponent (my Pokémon!), and even after an energy refill or two, I finally gave up and let it faint, then sent out something else to finish the isolation.

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • Chain fishing has done wonders for me as I have caught a shiny Lanturn, Bascullin, Corsola (which is aptly named Coral Blue #5), a Magikarp which is now a Gyarados, and a Poliwag. I have one shiny from Masuda Method: Greninja. Finally, I have two others I got in a trade: Drilbur and Dragalge.

I've been lucky this generation, as I have been playing Pokemon for ten plus years now and I just got my first shiny in January of 2014 (Lanturn).

Years
  • Got to a chain of 38 for Fletchling....Bunnelby broke the chain. I was stunned for a while, because I was trying to figure out if I made a mistake and mistook a medium shake for a violent shake. (I had been chaining for 3 hours and eventually they all start to look like the same shake to me XD)
    While I was on the verge of almost crying, the battle cam zoomed in on Bunnelby's face, something like this:
    os7hhsp

I felt like he was taunting me, haha.
    I usually take breaks while chaining to rest my eyes, but it was getting pretty late and decided I wanted that shiny Fletchling before I go to bed. I blame myself...not poor Bunnelby. He is innocent....right?

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • Got to a chain of 38 for Fletchling....Bunnelby broke the chain. I was stunned for a while, because I was trying to figure out if I made a mistake and mistook a medium shake for a violent shake. (I had been chaining for 3 hours and eventually they all start to look like the same shake to me XD)
    While I was on the verge of almost crying, the battle cam zoomed in on Bunnelby's face, something like this:
    os7hhsp

I usually take breaks while chaining to rest my eyes, but it was getting pretty late and decided I wanted that shiny Fletchling before I go to bed. I blame myself...not poor Bunnelby. He is innocent....right?

DAT BUNNELBY DOE. x3 Lel, it's really okay. =3

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Probably something common these days but i was hunting for a Perfect Ditto in the Safari last night and after 30 or so encounters i found a Shiny Ditto! Was only 2 IV's but can i really ask for more :P?
    Also hatched a shiny Happiny yesterday as well!
    Quite pleased with it all!

Years
  • Yesterday I spent about two hours in the friend safari searching for a shiny helioptile, ended up getting a shiny galvantula instead! Still im really pleased with as it could be a good addition to my team although i am yet to check its IV's

Years
  • I just caught a shiny Gothorita! I almost killed it omg I was so nervous. This is my 5th shiny Pokemon in X. :) I'm playing Pokemon for like 10 years and this is the first time I'm getting so many shiny Pokemon! I feel so lucky ^^

Edit: I just caught a shiny Quagsire in the Friend Safari! It's the first shiny I get from the safari! ^^ omg!

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    So.

I wasn't really hunting, per se. However, I got a surprise today.

I started breeding Eevee in an attempt to get a female from one of the Anticipation males I keep getting via WT. (BTW, I am finding that EVERY Eevee on Wonder Trade is male...what gives? Quit trading them, they're WAY TOO COMMON!)

I bred 18 Eggs. I kept the last five that I received.

The first Egg that popped, subject #15, was a Mild-natured Shiny Eevee. And it acquired the Hidden Ability Anticipation!

FYI, I don't have the Shiny Charm yet. The Masuda Method was active, however, as it was my foreign Shiny Ditto that was the partner.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    os7hhsp

I know that feeling all too well unfortunately ._____. I too, wanted a Shiny Fletchling for ages, so I decided to chain one with the radar. On chain 39: A wild Bunnelby appeared! T__T Believe me they MIGHT do this on purpose xD it was something like: "U mad? I tricked you" ...And I was eating away my soul inside... o___o so there goes my 2 hour chain...

Eventually I decided to quit Pokeradar and do a Masuda Method for a shiny Fletchling instead, I got it on my 62th Egg or so! :3 I was really happy ofcourse, it's now a shiny Lv:71 Talonflame (he is the best)!

I do hope you will manage to get the shiny Fletchling too!! Good Luck and hang in there! :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    I'm so terrible at finding shinies with the radar, but I have had a lot of luck with hours of encounters at the friend safari.

Recently I have found two Braixens, a Noibat, a Camerupt, and a Sigilyph within the past week or so. Gave one of the Braixens and the Noibat to my sister because they were her most wanted shinies, but I kept the rest. I don't have the shiny charm yet but so far I have ended up with a lot of my favorites.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I have so many shiny Amauras. x.x If you want one, let me know your Trainer ID and Friend Code if I haven't already added you. ^^~
    I might take you up on that. I can give you a bred 5IV of some type with Egg Moves for one. I've done a few different species.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    I am looking for a shiny gengar, hunter, gastly. I will trade shiny geneset or shiny mew for a it !!! i have more shinys to trade.

Friend code 4871 5265 4405

Back