• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Shiny Pokemon Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2007
    shiny pokemon can be found in gold/silver/crystal/ruby/sap/emrald/fire red/ leaf green

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Why were the two shiny discussions merged?

Well, I'm hoping to get some of my third Gen shiny targets soon. I haven't found a shiny in the third gen since my shiny Registeel back in the beginning of April! I'm hunting for Latias and Squirtle mainly, and I will start hunting for Jirachi (I have the Bonus Disk) next week. Wish me luck.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2007
    At the moment, I have Golbat and Psyduck shiny :)
    Hunting for more in Cerulean Cave now.
    --animalzelda--

Years
  • I've seen a few shinies... I don't have them anymore though, restarted. I might still have my shiny Linoone on Sapphire, though.

I've seen two shiny Zigzagoons, one which I evolved, and my friend's caught a shiny Makuhita before. Oh, and guess what? He saw a shiny Poochyena - the one you have to defeat at the start with your starter! xD He was aaaaangry.

My friend in primary school had a shiny Golbat - it was a legend, nobody in the school had ever seen one before! He became known as "that guy with the gold Golbat". XD

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    I just ot my first shiny EVER on FR... (My first shiny that /I/ ever found.)

I was on my way to the big city, Celadon! I was using my Pikachu only- I was really meaning to train her. (Name is Ichigo.) So, I'm walking around, searching. I find a Voltorb. I caught him, his name is Kaboom with a lonely nature. Now, in R/B/Y, you could catch Magnemites here on Route 10. So, I ran around in the grass, a Voltorb wandered across the screen. I froze in fear and sent out Ichigo. And I froze why?
    THE VOLTORB WAS BLUE!
    I accidentally hit Thunderbolt. "NO!" I yelled.
    But it damaged the Voltorb alot, and paralyzed it. But shockingly, it lived!
    I switched to Bubblesaur, my Ivysar who I had also brought, just in case, and spread some powder over the shining blue ball, causing it to sleep.
    I chuck a Pokeball as it.
    1...2...3... DING!
    My jaw dropped. Without thinking, I named him Kaboom. (Again.)

I also have a legit Palkia on my Diamond, so thats two Shinys! Though the Palkia wasn't mine. >.<

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • I just ot my first shiny EVER on FR... (My first shiny that /I/ ever found.)

I was on my way to the big city, Celadon! I was using my Pikachu only- I was really meaning to train her. (Name is Ichigo.) So, I'm walking around, searching. I find a Voltorb. I caught him, his name is Kaboom with a lonely nature. Now, in R/B/Y, you could catch Magnemites here on Route 10. So, I ran around in the grass, a Voltorb wandered across the screen. I froze in fear and sent out Ichigo. And I froze why?
    THE VOLTORB WAS BLUE!
    I accidentally hit Thunderbolt. "NO!" I yelled.
    But it damaged the Voltorb alot, and paralyzed it. But shockingly, it lived!
    I switched to Bubblesaur, my Ivysar who I had also brought, just in case, and spread some powder over the shining blue ball, causing it to sleep.
    I chuck a Pokeball as it.
    1...2...3... DING!
    My jaw dropped. Without thinking, I named him Kaboom. (Again.)

I also have a legit Palkia on my Diamond, so thats two Shinys! Though the Palkia wasn't mine. >.<

Um, just curious, how did you paralyze it with Thunderbolt, then make it fall asleep with Sleep Powder? I know, you can't do that. You either have a bad memory (doubt it, since you "JUST" caught it) or you're lying.

MrRandomIDon'tCare

I'm Not Here
    Years
  • OOOOOOOk, Fufu3000, why do u keep picking fights with everyone? I'm sick and tired of you calling people liars (like me), causing arguments (like u did with me) and basically, spamming callin people liars, which is completely off the subject!!!!!!! Maybe, the paralyzed Voltorb (I think that was what it was) got sleep powder on it, but it said ''but it failed'', but he wasn't paying attention, so he thought it said ''Voltorb went to sleep''.

STOP CALLING PEOPLE LIARS!!!!!!!
    I am going to report you now. I hope u get warned, goodbye.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • He could have made a mistake but what Fufu 3000 said is true. It could have been paralized because it used tackle and it casued its special the pokemons pazalize ability to work. But it does sound very dodgy.
    I am looking for any shiny water pokemon that i can catch with the super rod. At the minute im using it off the edge of cinnabar island killing seadra and horsea to train my raichu.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • OOOOOOOk, Fufu3000, why do u keep picking fights with everyone? I'm sick and tired of you calling people liars (like me), causing arguments (like u did with me) and basically, spamming callin people liars, which is completely off the subject!!!!!!! Maybe, the paralyzed Voltorb (I think that was what it was) got sleep powder on it, but it said ''but it failed'', but he wasn't paying attention, so he thought it said ''Voltorb went to sleep''.

STOP CALLING PEOPLE LIARS!!!!!!!
    I am going to report you now. I hope u get warned, goodbye.
    I do not always pic fights with people, and I never picked a fight with you. I've never actually had a fight with you; that was my brother impersonating me, and I even told you that. I have absolutely no doubt that you got all the fire starters shiny, congrats on that. But this is a different matter.

First of all, I only call people liars when there is evidence that they are lying. You know as well as I do that you can put a Pokemon sleep after you paralyze them. Why the hell would he NOT be paying attention when he's battling a shiny? Wait, don't answer that, I will answer it for you: HE WOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION. Even if he wasn't paying attention, the Z's would have come up out of the Voltorb to signal that it was asleep AND there would be a SLP mark next to its name. I'm sorry, but things like that just can't go unnoticed. I will, however, acknowledge the fact that his Pikachu could've gotten a critical hit with Thunderbolt, which he confused for paralyzation and quickly switched to Ivysaur to use Sleep Powder. I honestly don't believe that is the case. I believe he his a liar. Is there anything wrong with that? If so, why don't you just put me on your ignore list? That way you won't have to listen to me weed out the liars of this thread.

Furthermore, who in the world do you think you are, telling me what not to do. This user posted a pretty fishy story of his shiny capture. It is a story that cannot happen in the game. Therefore, one can assume that he had a bad memory or he is lying, or he cheated for it. Having a bad memory is unlikely when it has to do with a shiny, and even then, he claimed to have "just" gotten it. Lying or cheating were the only possible things he could of done, and I chose the former. Why? Because it's so much easier to lie over the internet than to waste your time cheating. You know this, right?

Good job at telling me that you're going to report me. Let me ask you something, what does that solve? Absolutely nothing. It only creates animosity between us. Telling me that you are going to warn me was a truly asinine thing to do. It just shows how ignorant and ineffective you are at solving conflicts.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2008
    I do not always pic fights with people, and I never picked a fight with you. I've never actually had a fight with you; that was my brother impersonating me, and I even told you that. I have absolutely no doubt that you got all the fire starters shiny, congrats on that. But this is a different matter.

First of all, I only call people liars when there is evidence that they are lying. You know as well as I do that you can put a Pokemon sleep after you paralyze them. Why the hell would he NOT be paying attention when he's battling a shiny? Wait, don't answer that, I will answer it for you: HE WOULD BE PAYING ATTENTION. Even if he wasn't paying attention, the Z's would have come up out of the Voltorb to signal that it was asleep AND there would be a SLP mark next to its name. I'm sorry, but things like that just can't go unnoticed. I will, however, acknowledge the fact that his Pikachu could've gotten a critical hit with Thunderbolt, which he confused for paralyzation and quickly switched to Ivysaur to use Sleep Powder. I honestly don't believe that is the case. I believe he his a liar. Is there anything wrong with that? If so, why don't you just put me on your ignore list? That way you won't have to listen to me weed out the liars of this thread.

Furthermore, who in the world do you think you are, telling me what not to do. This user posted a pretty fishy story of his shiny capture. It is a story that cannot happen in the game. Therefore, one can assume that he had a bad memory or he is lying, or he cheated for it. Having a bad memory is unlikely when it has to do with a shiny, and even then, he claimed to have "just" gotten it. Lying or cheating were the only possible things he could of done, and I chose the former. Why? Because it's so much easier to lie over the internet than to waste your time cheating. You know this, right?

Good job at telling me that you're going to report me. Let me ask you something, what does that solve? Absolutely nothing. It only creates animosity between us. Telling me that you are going to warn me was a truly asinine thing to do. It just shows how ignorant and ineffective you are at solving conflicts.

that is completely true, why on earth would you report someone just for calling you a liar? if someone called you a billionare would you report them? hopefullynot! but... i don't like pople calling people negative names, fufu. i am not against you, i am just saying. should have you called him a negative name in the first place? no!and, i do not report people. that is for immature children. i am not calling you an immature child, but that is what they do. not many adults do that if you didn't notice, and i haven't reported someone at all. it's 100% childish.

back on topic:

i was hunting a shiny raiku as you know, doing that awesome way someone posted about near varidian forest, so i keep on doing that stratergy, then all i find is pidgeys and ratatas, so i give up and beat the elite for with my starter, blastoise lvl 100, and i beat it the 106th time, so i run back to doing the shiny raiku hunting program, and gues what pokemon i found? a normal raiku. and guess what i did? i left it because even if it takes me a year, i WILL get a shiny raiku, all i need is luck. i have had a lot of luck lately, and i've been hunting a shiny raiku because i want a whole shiny team, i only have 5 shiny pokemon, and i really want a shiny raiku cuz he looks cool anyway, so PLEASE wish me luck, this hunting thing i've done has been going on for 4 1/2 weeks, which is over a MONTHand i am NOT thinking about quiting unles if i don't find shiny raiku in more than a year, i know i will get him eventually. :( >:(

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Both of you, stop bickering and stay on topic, thanks.

I might be taking a stab out in the dark, but you should actually try reading the posts next time. I was staying on-topic completely. This is the SHINY discussion, no? If I recall correctly, I'm talking about shiny Pokemon in the previous post, am I not? Therefore, I'm on-topic. DMJ, however, is merely ranting about how he's tired of how I'm "picking fights" with people (lol, over the internet), so he's actually the one who is off-topic. I hope you realize that next time.

While soft resetting for a shiny Mudkip, I encountered the Poochyena at the beginning was shiny. Fairly annoying, yes, but it didn't effect me too much. This happened eight times when I was soft resetting for a shiny Torchic and once while I was soft resetting for my shiny Chimchar (both of which I eventually got). I'm still soft resetting for Latias on Emerald. Wish me luck.

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Uhh, I am pretty sure, Raikou is the same as the Lati@s, which means they are pre-determined weather they are shiny or not at the start of the game, which means, if it was determined that your Raikou would be shiny, every time you saw him he would be shiny, SO it means that your Raikou won't be shiny, if it is the same case of the Lati@s'

And I don't think your allowed to use size 7, So I wouldn't do that again

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
    Years
  • Uhh, I am pretty sure, Raikou is the same as the Lati@s, which means they are pre-determined weather they are shiny or not at the start of the game, which means, if it was determined that your Raikou would be shiny, every time you saw him he would be shiny, SO it means that your Raikou won't be shiny, if it is the same case of the Lati@s'

And I don't think your allowed to use size 7, So I wouldn't do that again

You're absolutely correct, Paranoia. However, Shiny Legendaries found out when the shinyness for Entei/Suicune/Raikou are set. They are set when you fix the Network Machine. That means you can save right before fixing the machine, and you can go out to find them. If they're not shiny, soft reset. If they are...well, I'd be infintely jealou sof you. I plan on trying it out sometime...

Elite 4 Sam

Steel Type User
    Years
  • An easier way to get shinys iz to have a whole party of staryus/starmies with the illuminate ability. Also, on my silver i caught a shiny hoothoot(just like the show!), and on my ruby i had a shiny aggron.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back