• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Shiny Pokemon Question

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The Odd Egg you get at the Daycare has a 50% chance of being an alternate colour Pokémon, if I recall correctly, so for so many to have not seen one other than the red Gyarados is surprising.
    The odds are 50% in the Japanese version, but 12.5% in the English version.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Really rare for a shiny to appear in the Jhoto games.

I got EXTREMELY lucky when the egg that the day care man gives you the first time you talk to him hatched into a shiny Igglybuff for me. :D

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I found a shiny drowsee in the wild once. I thought my screen was glitched (again) so I took it to the repairs...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    So you can save before you get the egg, and restart every time it hatches and isn't shiny?

You can also use the cloning glitch to get loads of eggs, then hatch 5 at a time. Instead of saving in front of the PC, save before you get the egg; after doing the glitch, you'll have an egg in your PC, and you can collect another one.

I got 2 shiny Cleffas and a shiny Igglybuff this way, before I mucked it up. I also got a shiny Smoochum, but messed up when trying to clone it and accidentally deleted it.

Years
  • To get a shiny youve gotta be very lucky- like 1/8200- In all my 10 years of playing, ive only ever found one shiny- a Pelliper whilst searching for feebas XD
    I do have like 13 shinies though, through trades.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    in Silver. at my first Encounter of Ho-oh. i got a shiny one. but couldnt capture cuz i accidently Killed it xd.

what im saying is. what is the Difference between the Shiny pokemon and the non shiny pokemon? i say they r just different in Colour. nothing else...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    In Crystal I never found any shiny pokemon. Actually at the time I only thought there was red gyrados.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2010
    The Pokèmon will be Shiny but the possibility that this happens it is 1 on 8192.
    In Pokèmon Oro, Silver and Crystal it is easier to get a Pokèmon Shiny during the breeding in how much the pup gets 3 DVs from his/her/their parent therefore there is 1 possibility on 64 that the small one both Shiny. Besides, the Pokèmons Shiny in Gold, Silver and Crystal possess the tallest statistics in how much they possess some raised DVs.
    I am italian sorry,

Back