• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should Lance Return

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    Alright so Lance has only been featured in gens 1-4 and I want to see him reappear in late gen 6 in Pokemon Z with a completely new roster-
    Pokemon-
    1 Goodra- level 66.
    2 Garchomp- level 68.
    3 Salamance- level 71.
    4 Hydreigon- level 73.
    5 Dragonite- level 76.
    6 Mega Charizard X or Y- level 80.
    Tell me what U think about this and post your replies here.

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
  • I personally never liked Lance. He's among my least favorite Elite Four members and by least favorite Champion. Clair, though? I'd love to see her make a return.

That said, I'm not exactly against Lance returning.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I'd really love to see Lance return! He's one of my favourite champions and he had a pretty big role in GSC and HGSS too, so I'd love to see him return. Why does Cynthia get to return but not him?!
    I don't know. Really I just don't know.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If we're talking about Lance appearing in more of a storyline character, although I would enjoy seeing it, I don't feel it would be precisely fair, since there are other characters out there that I believe deserve to make this form of an appearance and whatnot as much as he does, such as Blue, Red, and Steven. Though, if he's not making any involvement in the plot and we're only able to meet Lance post-game, this likely wouldn't be an issue, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    If we're talking about Lance appearing in more of a storyline character, although I would enjoy seeing it, I don't feel it would be precisely fair, since there are other characters out there that I believe deserve to make this form of an appearance and whatnot as much as he does, such as Blue, Red, and Steven. Though, if he's not making any involvement in the plot and we're only able to meet Lance post-game, this likely wouldn't be an issue, in my opinion.
    He could make some appearances doing some sort of stuff such as fighting Team Flare with the protagonist and he also wishs the protagonist luck in the Elite 4 and Champion. Would that work out?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018

Steven getting stuffed into HGSS wasn't enough for you?

Lance definitely deserves to return, be it in a remake or a new game. It's annoying how GF keeps on shafting him compared to the likes of Steven and ESPECIALLY Cynthia (aka. Champion Barbie), just because of annoying fans of the latter two.

In fact, he and the similarly-shafted Wallace are the only two pre-Gen 5 Champions whose aces don't have Megas, and they also have the fewest appearances and references in other games out of any of the pre-Gen 5 Champions.

(Outside of the default appearances they made in B2W2, Lance has only been in Gens 1/2 and their respective remakes, while Wallace has only been in Gen 3 and its respective remake. Neither have ever even been referenced outside of their respective "home" games.)

Apparently, GF (and much of the fandom) has it in for beautiful, fabulous men in capes:

Should Lance Return
    Should Lance Return

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    Steven getting stuffed into HGSS wasn't enough for you?

Lance definitely deserves to return, be it in a remake or a new game. It's annoying how GF keeps on shafting him compared to the likes of Steven and ESPECIALLY Cynthia (aka. Champion Barbie), just because of annoying fans of the latter two.

In fact, he and the similarly-shafted Wallace are the only two pre-Gen 5 Champions whose aces don't have Megas, and they also have the fewest appearances and references in other games out of any of the pre-Gen 5 Champions.

(Outside of the default appearances they made in B2W2, Lance has only been in Gens 1/2 and their respective remakes, while Wallace has only been in Gen 3 and its respective remake. Neither have ever even been referenced outside of their respective "home" games.)

Apparently, GF (and much of the fandom) has it in for beautiful, fabulous men in capes:

Should Lance Return
    Should Lance Return
    LOL Champion Barbie.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
  • I feel like Red needs to re appear. We still dont know where he went after that battle in Mt. Silver.

I dunno, honestly.

I will agree that Cynthia is overrated, dont get me wrong she IS the most challenging champ but really, not the best champ in terms of character, or anything like that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I feel like Red needs to re appear. We still dont know where he went after that battle in Mt. Silver.

I dunno, honestly.

I will agree that Cynthia is overrated, dont get me wrong she IS the most challenging champ but really, not the best champ in terms of character, or anything like that.
    I just like Lance a lot. I find his battles very interesting and I have always liked him ever since gen 1.

Shirona

[span="font-size: 18px; font-family: Abril Fatface
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2019
    Probably worth investing more in the other NPCs — you know, the ones we haven't seen outside of their respective games? For a glaring omission, Black/White, I'm looking at you.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'm a big fan of Lance, so I think it would be awesome to have him back in the games in some way (preferably a Kanto remake).

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I'm a big fan of Lance, so I think it would be awesome to have him back in the games in some way (preferably a Kanto remake).
    I don't think that we'll have a Kanto remake till many generations later but we should all be expecting a remake of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum for gen 7 or gen 8.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Probably worth investing more in the other NPCs — you know, the ones we haven't seen outside of their respective games? For a glaring omission, Black/White, I'm looking at you.

You mean, like... Lance?

Seriously, he's never been seen or even referenced outside of the Kanto/Johto games. (No, the PWT doesn't count.) The only reason he was even in Gens 3 and 4 was because of remakes.

I don't think that we'll have a Kanto remake till many generations later but we should all be expecting a remake of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum for gen 7 or gen 8.

Even though both RBY and FRLG are older, more outdated games than DPP?

Years
  • I would love it if he made another appearance, he's my favourite Champion in the games hands down and dare I say it my favourite character overall. He's gone from Elite Four member to Champion, it would be nice to see him in other regions perhaps to test his strength against the best of the best there :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    How did you sum up my interests so perfectly?!

Guess I'm not the only one here who gets angry whenever fans trash Wallace for being "gay." Yes, because the absolute WORST thing in the world for a man to be is effeminate and elegant. Fandom will give passes to legitimately horrible people like Giovanni and Lysandre all the time just because they're "badass," but Wallace is the Devil for having the nerve to be beautiful and dainty and elegant and wear purple. :rolleyes2:

I've also even seen Lance get bashed for being "gay," and sure enough, he's another beautiful, gentle-hearted young man with lots of female fans. (He was also oh-so-obviously wearing a skintight catsuit in his GSC sprite. Yum. {<3})

Guess it's no surprise why certain male fans prefer Cynthia (and her ample chest) over these two. :rolleyes2:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Eh, why not. Everything that ties the stories and regions better together is a welcoming thing and possibly having more character development on the side of other champions (or NPCs in general), is always nice.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I'd love to see him reappear. He's an amazing character. I thought he was so cool in Gen 1, being the only one who has Dragon-type Pokemon, and being strong as heck. His cool factor only increased in Gen 2 when he plays a bigger role in the story (oh, and becomes champion <3). If any champion should be brought back, it should be Lance, imo ^^

I have to say though, why does everyone feel that he's gotten less of an appearance than the other champions? Not counting remakes or PWT, no champion has ever appeared in more than two generations (I could be wrong, so correct me if I am). And if you do count remakes and PWT, Lance has appeared in Gen 1 - 5, more generations than any other champion o:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I actually prefer Lance to Cynthia, but both over Wallace. I just don't think he's got much of a Champion's attitude, where Lance and Cynthia do.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I have to say though, why does everyone feel that he's gotten less of an appearance than the other champions? Not counting remakes or PWT, no champion has ever appeared in more than two generations (I could be wrong, so correct me if I am). And if you do count remakes and PWT, Lance has appeared in Gen 1 - 5, more generations than any other champion o:

In this instance, I count regions, not games. Lance has literally never appeared outside of Kanto/Johto. In fact, he's literally never even been referenced outside of Kanto/Johto.

Steven, on the other hand, has appeared in Kanto/Johto (HGSS), while Cynthia's been in both Kanto/Johto (HGSS) and Unova (BW/B2W2). Heck, even Blue, at least, got a shout-out in Kalos (XY)! Only Wallace, Alder, Iris, and Diantha have also never been seen or heard from outside of their "home" regions, and in the case of the latter three, it's only because they're still too recent.

Outside of the PWT and remakes (which I don't count), Lance basically ceased to exist after Gen 2.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • In this instance, I count regions, not games. Lance has literally never appeared outside of Kanto/Johto. In fact, he's literally never even been referenced outside of Kanto/Johto.

Steven, on the other hand, has appeared in Kanto/Johto (HGSS), while Cynthia's been in both Kanto/Johto (HGSS) and Unova (BW/B2W2). Heck, even Blue, at least, got a shout-out in Kalos (XY)! Only Wallace, Alder, Iris, and Diantha have also never been seen or heard from outside of their "home" regions, and in the case of the latter three, it's only because they're still too recent.

Outside of the PWT and remakes (which I don't count), Lance basically ceased to exist after Gen 2.

Oh, that's right! I forgot Cynthia and Steven appeared in HG/SS. They were such minor appearances, and it's been so long since I've played those games haha. I definitely see your point then, Lance has been a little bit neglected :c

Back