• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Signature Pokemon.

Elyssa

Trade Seeker
    Years
    • SA
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Espeon, though I could never use it in Firered, but it has been in my D/P/Pt and HG team like, always.

@lpha

Solid Snivy <3
    Years
    My first Pokemon Caught in the wild in Ruby was Ralts,and ever since, was my favorite.
    now he's a Gallade in Pokemon Platinum,also he's also paired with my newly caught Ralts which eventually evolved into a Gardevoir.
    and now i am trying to hatch the egg that those two made.

Sweet Visions

..is cool!
    Years
    Meh, I don't really have signature Pokemon, but on SoulSilver I really like my starter Kira (Cyndaquil, now Typhlosion). He's always in my party and is the strongest Pokemon I have. On Platinum it's definitely my Staraptor, I caught him as a Starly early on and I just love him.

twinsandvikes777

Power Trainer
    Years
    I'd have to go with my Aggron. I caught it in ruby, my first game
    (I later got Crystal and Yellow) and trained up Aron as soon as I caught it more then my starter. He ended up being almost a solo runner, as he was 30+ levels higher then the rest of my pokes.

Lickeh Lickeh

Lickilicky lover
    Years
    My Lickilicky, traded Golduck to that man in Fire Red to get Marc the Lickitung, then exported it over to DP and then to Platinum. Marc is very special to me as it was my first EV trained Pokémon and actually had good IV's. I guess he's the one that got me into competitive battling.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I have a Dewgong i have since lv.1 in Platinum. I send an egg from HeartGold to Platinum, so it had Platinum ID and obeyed me.
    My Vespiquen is also in my party almost all the time. I got a Combee by GTS and bred it.

Years
    The avatar says it all. Mine was Charizard when I started playing (R/B/Y), then I fell in love with Typhlosion when G/S/C came out, but then once I discovered Swampert, he was my favorite Pokemon.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Sunny the Charizard, my first ever pokemon. Just like Pikachu's been with Ash, Sunny has been with me since 1998. There was Blue, then Ruby, then Emerald, then Diamond. I've always found a way to remake that Charizard :) He's also the only pokemon I always get to lvl 100 as to make it appear as the same Charizard in every game.

Kairyu444

Nearly.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    Silver: Togetic
    Crystal: Togetic
    Platinum: Togekiss
    HeartGold: Togekiss, Then another Togekiss (nicknamed NUMBER 5)

But I've always liked Nidoking; and my main attacker is Electivire. Those 3 are now ever-present!

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    In Sinnoh, my Signature Pokemon is Crobat. I've had a Crobat on my team since Pearl.

In Johto, my Signature Pokemon is Dragonite.

In Kanto, it's Pikachu.

I'm too diverse with Hoenn to have one there.

Yes, my Signature Pokemon change by region.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Ever since my first Red game (which now come to think of it was something like 11 years ago :O) I've always had a Raichu in my party for each successive game.

I've never been fond of the idea of trading a Pokémon from my previous game to my new game, so I always train one up from the Pichu stage if I can.

Each Raichu has always been nicknamed Thunder!

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Mine is Umbreon. I loved Umbreon since the day i first saw it. I usually always evolve my Eevee into one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    I think mine has always been Snorlax, from the days of Blue when I first met him / her sleeping in my way.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
    Well, here's my signature Pokemon...

Yellow-Nidoking.
    I had extreme trouble defeating Brock with Pikachu and Pidgey, but I was young then, type advantages meant nothing to me. But then a friend told me that Nidoran learnt DoubleKick, and said it was really strong. It was the first time I had beaten a GymLeader, and from then I used nothing but Nidoran, who evolved into Nidorino, and then Nidoking.

Silver-Dragonite
    My highest level Pokemon that I trained from birth. I won a Dratini at the GameCorner, then I bred it. Soon I was taking on the EliteFour with just my Dragonite. Ahh... Good times.

Ruby-Marshtomp
    While I had many other Pokemon, Marshtomp was by far the most commonly used, however, this was closely matched with a Flygon on a later game, which I used almost as much.

Emerald-Nincada+Shedinja
    I can't decide between the two, mainly because they were often used together in double battles. Shedinja prepared some support moves while Nincada swept in for the kill, a perfect combination.

FireRed-Nidoking+Nidoqueen
    I had to for the nostalgia, but since the addition of DoubleBattles, I felt the need to add Nidokings counterpart to the team. Their pure power was unstopable, and their moves worked in perfect unison.

Diamond-Empoleon
    Ah, Empoleon... I borrowed Diamond from a relative, so my time with Empoleon was short-lived, but in that time it smashed through the Gymleaders and had moves effective enough to compete in a contest.

Pearl-Torterra
    At first I chose Piplup, in an attempt to repeat the previous Empoleons effectiveness. But it failed to measure up. So I restarted the game, and chose Turtwig. While it failed to live upto Empoleon on Diamond, he was one of the most reliable fighters I've seen in the Pokemon games.

Platinum-Rampardos/Bastardos
    Throughout Diamond and Pearl, I tested both the ancient Pokemon. So I traded in both of them to Platinum and quickly became two of my favourite fighters. Nuf said.

SoulSilver-Sunflora
    Don't ask why, but as soon as I saw the Sunkern at the park, I had to catch it. Unfortunatly, I failed to find a Sunstone, so it reached Lv.35 before evolving. Eventually I gave up looking and checked the internet, and soon evolved it into a Sunflora.

Sunnyday, Synthesis, Solarbeam, Chlorophil combo-Woot...

So currently, it's Sunflora (Still don't ask). I just hope they're available in Isshu!

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Pearl: It would have to be my Luxray. I fell in love with it's Intimidate ability, and, overall, love Electric types.

Platinum: I got yet another Shinx, and was disheartned when it had Rivalry instead of Intimidate. I decided on a whole new different team, and eventually used a Girafarig, which was the number 1 'go-to' Pokémon in tough situations.

Soul Silver: Magnezone. I also had an Ampharos, but for the most part, Magnezone was the Pokémon I always use, especially since it learnt Magnet Rise.

ry91

That's what she said!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2012
    platinum: Roserade Put her in Pbr and was my best pokeman online

soulsilver: typhlosian, just never had one b4

Back