• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

restart_accident

Earth Bound Spirit God
Years
  • How would I kill a blaziken with a tricky move set?

See all these people have a Staraptor in attack and Speed. I maded a dusknoir that will take them out but there is a blaziken that has Endure->Reversal-> Speed berry activated-> pretty fast.

Dusknoir has EV'd defence and S defence -> Battle with flying type/ normal ->Mean look->( gets hit [probebly with brave bird) Gravitey-> Doesn't get hit with power of supereffect moves (close combat doesn't work on ghosts types and Gravitey takes all flying type moves away for 5 turns)-> Has low HP and uses pain split-> When HP of flying type is low switch out and feint or just keep using Pain split ( hopefuly they don't have roost)->Done and Done or use a Gengar with EV'd attack and Speed with thruder bolt and chouse specs. or wise glasses. But if you want to be safe put a Fouces Slash on him.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Rhyperior isn't designed to take special attacks, even in a Sandstorm. It just helps out.

I would strongly side against such a spread. 244HP/80sp.def is the highest specially defensive set I'd suggest, which prevents a Timid ScarfTran from 2HKOing you with Earth Power.

Detox

Could someone give me a link to a Damage calculator that isnt psypoke?

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I have a question.
    What if a Pokemon with Levitate uses Dig, then the opponent use Earthquake while it is underground.
    Will it be hit, or will Levitate evade the attack?

Years
  • I have a question.
    What if a Pokemon with Levitate uses Dig, then the opponent use Earthquake while it is underground.
    Will it be hit, or will Levitate evade the attack?
    Uh, aside from dig being useless in Competitive play, it should still miss. Dig doubles their base power, it doesn't ignore typing.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Which is the best?

Which is the better blissey?

A Diverse Blissey
    Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Bold
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt / Sesmic Toss
    Thunderwave / Sing / Toxic
    Softboiled

OR

A Cleric Blissey
    Leftovers
    Natural Cure
    Calm
    Aromatherapy
    Ice Beam
    Thunderwave / Toxic
    Softboiled

Thanks For The Help!

MurdaRisk

Ninja Assassin
    Years
  • I need some newb help.
    im battling this fisherman with the 6 magikarps on route 205. I have pokerus on the poke im trying to train (he now has a smiley) and he also has power lens. Now my question is:
    Should i be getting 2 iv points per magikarp? like if i battled all 6 i should get +3 to speed shouldnt i?

Years
  • You don't get IV points from battling, those are acquired from hatching and can't be changed, if you're just learning EV training, ignore them for now. Also, in the situation you described, after the battle the Pokemon that battled should've gained 12 speed EVs (+3 in speed, keep in mind that this is spread over the 100 levels so the change isn't noticeable right away) and 48 sp. atk EVs(+12 sp. atk; the Power Lens gives +4 EVs in sp. atk). You should use the power anklet which puts those extra 4 EVs in speed if you want to train for speed which would give a grand total of 60 speed EVs after the battle. Does this help or should I explain more?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm buidling a UU stall team, but I don't know much about stall at all. What requirements does a stall team have to fill, besides stalling?

+ Entry hazards and alot of them (Spikes, Toxic Spikes and SR)
    + Weather (optional)
    + A Rapid Spinner
    + A Rapid Spin blocker (ghost)
    + A PHazer or Hazer
    + Wish support
    + Perish Song
    + Preferably something to absorb Toxic Spikes too.
    + A Status absorber or you can use a cleric if you feel like it.

All of this whilst still countering threats.

I think the above is most of, if not all of them. Im sorry if i missed some sice im in a rush >.<

Its hard, but it gives you a challenge and is possible ^_^. A word of advice though, keep your options open.

Years
  • MixMence. The 'New' one with Outrage.
    It depends on the walls you want to break, though. CBTar breaks stuff that can't take it. Also, Toxic Spikes is great for breaking Blissey and anything else it hits.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • MixMence. The 'New' one with Outrage.
    It depends on the walls you want to break, though. CBTar breaks stuff that can't take it. Also, Toxic Spikes is great for breaking Blissey and anything else it hits.

I actually disagree about Toxic Spikes. Personally, I think they're an enormous waste of time, even on stall. The top ten laughs at them bar Tyranitar, and several other OU pokemon do not mind them at all. They are easy absorb as well, and spin blockers can't help against that. The only wall breaking you will have to do is against stall or defensive teams, which are always equipped with Tentacruel or Nidoqueen to absorb Toxic Spikes anyways.

to answer the wall breaking part, most versions of Salamence work lol. Mixed Dragonite is a better version of classic MixMence really, and you can always use Outrage. I know our server doesn't have it, but NO battling takes place on PC lol. Outrage CB Flygon is a good bet. It also is tough to stall with its Spikes immunity and SR resistance.

SDCross is another good choice, but SS can really screw it over since it needs LO to operate. either way, Adamant SDCross with a Life Orb OHKOs almost everything after a SD. It's a near guaranteed kill on Forretress, and Gliscor lacking Aerial Ace can have trouble with it. Weezing isn't even a counter rofl.

SDLuke and DDMence both work, but the latter is shaky with its SR weakness, SS and LO damage, and bulky water problems. People actaully aren't prepared for Gyarados as much as they used to, so it can work. It's an absolute TERROR with a Light Screener.

But yeah, your average stuff. I'm shocked Infernape is still this popular, actually >_>

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
  • Throw in an Adamant CB, and that can work. If you have to, Adamant LO Flygon can work too. Flygon can take out most steels with Earthquake or Fire Punch/Blast (and Magnezone can take out those levitating ones or HP Ice-locked Scarftrans). It'll work, but do note that there are somewhat better ones out there. Still, Flygon carries its weight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back