• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions (Ask Questions Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    STAB stands for Same Type Attack Bonus. STAB is what happens when a Poke uses an attack of the same type. For example, when Swampert uses Earthquake or Surf, he gets STAB. The bonus is actually a 50% increase in Attack Power. Earthquake used by a non-Ground Poke (i.e. Salamence) will yield 100 Attack Power (AP). Earthquake used by Swampert (or some other Ground-type) wield 150 AP (100 x 1.5).

That is what makes Pokes like Swampert very good. Not many Pokes in the game can withstand damage from both a 150 AP Earthquake and 142.5 AP Surf.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    There is not a normal way of getting Wish on Gardevoir. I believe that is a special move that you can only get from a Nintendo Store/Event.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Yeah, it's true. The rare ones only give 2 berries and they are quite slow...

BTW...I found here that there's one (Well, two, but I can't fight Latias because I don't have the Ticket) rare berry left from the Berry Master's wife to getting all the berries in Emerald (Except that one that's in that island ¬¬).

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
  • OK. This I really want to know:

There are 2 of the same pokemon with no EVs, identical IVs and the same nature. One is at Lv20, the other at Lv50. They both then receive the exact same EVs and are levelled up. Would the two pokemon both have the same stats when they reach Lv100?

Basically I want to know if the level you catch wild pokemon at still matters like in previous generations as I'm thinking of moving my shiny Gastly hunt from Pokemon Tower to Lost Cave.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    OK. This I really want to know:

There are 2 of the same pokemon with no EVs, identical IVs and the same nature. One is at Lv20, the other at Lv50. They both then receive the exact same EVs and are levelled up. Would the two pokemon both have the same stats when they reach Lv100?

Basically I want to know if the level you catch wild pokemon at still matters like in previous generations as I'm thinking of moving my shiny Gastly hunt from Pokemon Tower to Lost Cave.
    No. It is the IVs that make a Poke unique. If you have two Pokes with the exact same IVs (which means you cheated since there are 729 MILLION different IV combinations) and the exact same nature and you gave them the exact same EV spread, the Lv100 stats would be identical.

So, catching a Poke at Lv70 is no different than catching one at Lv3. It just means you don't have to train them nearly as long.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
    Years
  • No. It is the IVs that make a Poke unique. If you have two Pokes with the exact same IVs (which means you cheated since there are 729 MILLION different IV combinations) and the exact same nature and you gave them the exact same EV spread, the Lv100 stats would be identical.

So, catching a Poke at Lv70 is no different than catching one at Lv3. It just means you don't have to train them nearly as long.

I don't really have 2 pokemon with the same IVs (the only legit way that could happen would be with Emerald's cloning glitch.) I just needed to know because Lost Cave's Gastly's are Lv40-50 and I was worried they would be weaker than ones from Pokemon Tower at Lv13-19

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No, those are perfectly fine for you to go after. The glitch isn't "legit", but I get what you are saying. Also, sorry if I came across accusing you of cheating. I was using "you" in the same generalization as you did in your original question.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Take either to the Move Tutor in Fallarbor Town. Give him a Heart Scale and you can relearn a previous move, as long as they are above the proper level.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Victory Road, E4, fighting Gabby and that cameraman over and over... that's pretty much it. R/S/E is pretty simple in terms of trainer strength.

Years
  • If you mix records with people you can get into their secret bases and battle them with the pokemon they had when they mixed records. You get experience for fighting them.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • If you mix records with people you can get into their secret bases and battle them with the pokemon they had when they mixed records. You get experience for fighting them.

I mixed record with my real-life "Rival", and it worked against my favor. We're roughly the same level (our highest Poke around 91), his star-fighter being Milotic followed by Blaziken, and mine being Metagross followed by Skarmory... but the problem is that his Milotic is extremely easy to train, and two battles from me (and the crappy AI they assign to my team, rendering many of my move sets useless, especially my Aggron's sub-punch) raises him nearly one level. Milotic defeating my AI Steelix twice is practically enough to bring Milotic up a level. And on my side, his whole team barely raises my Metagross a single level. And he has some beaty pokes, Salamence and Flygon among them.

It's almost like for every level I raise mine up, he gets raised 3. It's terrible!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back