• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Questions for Console Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2006
    I could use some help here.

I am having trouble transferring my pokemon from Silver to XD. My Silver game contains pokemon from Red, Blue, Gold, and Silver. I do not want to lose my 3 Mewtwo's and other uniques. I tried to transfer them to my Ruby game, but without success. Is it just not possible? Am I missing something?

Input would be appreciated.

-PokeSmurf-

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
    PokeSmurf said:
    I could use some help here.

I am having trouble transferring my pokemon from Silver to XD. My Silver game contains pokemon from Red, Blue, Gold, and Silver. I do not want to lose my 3 Mewtwo's and other uniques. I tried to transfer them to my Ruby game, but without success. Is it just not possible? Am I missing something?

Input would be appreciated.

-PokeSmurf-
    I wonder why it's not working? IS IT BECAUSE RBYGSC AREN'T SUPPORTED WITH FRLGRSE?

Sorry for the harsh thing mate. You should've worked out the original 6, unfortunately, aren't supported. :\ Have to get them ye olde fashioned way. Well new fashion any how. :p

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    The "New Fashioned" way is to trade pokemon over from the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen versions. You can also trade pokemon over from Pokemon Colosseum to any of those versions THEN trade over to Pokemon XD. But just to make sure you're clear on this, Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD DO NOT support Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, or Crystal.

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
    Synchronize said:
    The "New Fashioned" way is to trade pokemon over from the Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen versions. You can also trade pokemon over from Pokemon Colosseum to any of those versions THEN trade over to Pokemon XD. But just to make sure you're clear on this, Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD DO NOT support Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, Gold, or Crystal.
    Another crap move by Nintendo. People would've loved it if you could've traded between the old and new 6. :/

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Joshy said:
    Another crap move by Nintendo. People would've loved it if you could've traded between the old and new 6. :/

That'd make it too easy IMO, especially with that Rare Candy cheat in RBY to trade a lvl 100 Charizard or something over to XD. Besides, the GCN and GBA had so many changes, I assume, that there would be too many problems connecting from GBC to GCN.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2006
    Thanks for the input, disapointing though it may be. :-/

More poor silver pokemon are just going to gather dust until the little battery dies and their humble world comes to an end.

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
    Synchronize said:
    That'd make it too easy IMO, especially with that Rare Candy cheat in RBY to trade a lvl 100 Charizard or something over to XD. Besides, the GCN and GBA had so many changes, I assume, that there would be too many problems connecting from GBC to GCN.
    Who said anything about that? Besides, the only way you'd be able to get away with it is putting the cartridge in the GBA.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Joshy said:
    Who said anything about that? Besides, the only way you'd be able to get away with it is putting the cartridge in the GBA.

I was just saying. Besides I was simply pointing out that there were too many changes between the GBC/N64 generation and the GBA/GCN generation that too many problems would arise in trading through GBC to GCN or GBA.

H i k a r i

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    I hope this question fits in this thread, guess i'll just see if anyone answers.

I am stuck fast on one of the Battle CD's in XD. I think its number 47, but I may be wrong. Anyway, its the one where you have Latios and Latias, without the Soul Dew, and your versing Lugia and Ho oh. HOW HOW HOW DO YOU BEAT THE STUPID THING???????? I have tried so many times I lost count long ago, and still I am stuck. Can anyone help me? How do I beat it?

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    To tell the truth, I beat it out of luck. I was fortunate enough to parahax both Lugia and Ho-Oh for a KO. Sorry I couldn't help too much, but if I find any info a little later on, I'll report back here.

H i k a r i

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Synchronize said:
    To tell the truth, I beat it out of luck. I was fortunate enough to parahax both Lugia and Ho-Oh for a KO. Sorry I couldn't help too much, but if I find any info a little later on, I'll report back here.
    What does parahax mean O_o?? Oh, and what strategy did you use to beat it out of luck, even? If I try it, maybe I will get lucky...*sighs*

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    parahax means that your opponent can't move because of the paralysis effect. And Luck is luck, not strategy. Can you give me the Latios and LAtias movesets? Maybe I can figure something out.

H i k a r i

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Synchronize said:
    parahax means that your opponent can't move because of the paralysis effect. And Luck is luck, not strategy. Can you give me the Latios and LAtias movesets? Maybe I can figure something out.
    Wow...im at the library, so I'll have to do this from memory O_o...
    Latias had...Helping Hand, Psycic...um, thunderbolt and I cant remember the other. Latios had Dragon Claw, Psycic, Memento and I forget the other.

Im not stupid XD I know LUCK isnt a strategy. What I meant was, if I knew the moves you used and got lucky with, I could just try the same moves in case I got lucky too. Unlikely, yes, but im starting to get desperate. I have beaten nearly all the CD's but thus one and I tell you what, im about to scream...

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    lol, then you'll scream when I tell you that you'll get 15,000 PokeCoupons through beating all the CDs >_>. Obviously I used Thunderbolt, seeing as that's the only move I see there that can cause paralysis. Maybe Try a few Helping Hand Thunderbolts. I'll go give a visit to my gamecube

H i k a r i

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Synchronize said:
    lol, then you'll scream when I tell you that you'll get 15,000 PokeCoupons through beating all the CDs >_>. Obviously I used Thunderbolt, seeing as that's the only move I see there that can cause paralysis. Maybe Try a few Helping Hand Thunderbolts. I'll go give a visit to my gamecube
    Latias is the only one who knows Helping Hand and also the only one who knows thunderbolt. And according to my guide, helping hand only raises Attack, not Sp.attack so only Dragon Claw on Latios would benifit >_>.

I knew the Poke Coupon thing :'( my guide says as much...and the only clue as to beating the flippin thing is "use combo moves". How very helpful :tired:

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    H i k a r i said:
    Latias is the only one who knows Helping Hand and also the only one who knows thunderbolt. And according to my guide, helping hand only raises Attack, not Sp.attack so only Dragon Claw on Latios would benifit >_>.

I knew the Poke Coupon thing :'( my guide says as much...and the only clue as to beating the flippin thing is "use combo moves". How very helpful :tired:

Whatever guide that was is dumb. Helping Hand raises the power of all offensive moves of your partner, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a 2v2 move IMO. And even if it did work on only Attack, Dragon Claw is a Special Attack .-. If no one helps ya on this, I'll try to get an answer in as soon as possible, but my time is limited, and I actually have an afterschool life now =/

H i k a r i

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2008
    Synchronize said:
    Whatever guide that was is dumb. Helping Hand raises the power of all offensive moves of your partner, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a 2v2 move IMO. And even if it did work on only Attack, Dragon Claw is a Special Attack .-. If no one helps ya on this, I'll try to get an answer in as soon as possible, but my time is limited, and I actually have an afterschool life now =/
    ....I feel so stupid, I thought Dragon moves were attack, not sp. attack,....and here was I thinking i knew a lot about Pokemon. I really need to learn this stuff by heart, might help me in the battle tower. And yes, the guide is dumb in giving clues and its starting to really annoy me.

Thanks so much for your help!! I use a library computer so wont be able to check in again for a bit, but i'll be straight here when I do!! Thanks again ^_^.

Synchronize

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Ok, here's the solution I found while using Battle CD 48 Side B. There was no hax (paralysis, freeze, critical hit, etc):

1) Lugia uses Icy Wind, so Have Latios used Protect and Latias use Thunderbolt against Ho-Oh
    2) Have Latios use Psychic on Ho-Oh, and Latias use Thunderbolt on Ho-Oh.
    3) Finish Ho-Oh off with Latios and have Latias use Recover.
    4) Have Latios use Memento on Lugia, and have Latias use Recover.
    5) Use Thunderbolt on Lugia.
    6) Have Latias use Recover when it will be KOd on the next turn.
    7) Repeat until Lugia raints from Thunderbolt.

Keep in mind that Lugia and Ho-Oh sometimes switch targets, in which case they mostly attacked my Latios when I used Protect. Still this is a decent way to be the Battle CD. Try and tell me how it goes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2006
    I went back and won in a slightly different way than Synch.

Round 1: Use thunderbolt on Lugia and use protect
    Round 2: Use recover and Dragonclaw on Lugia
    Round 3: Use thunderbolt on Lugia and use Protect
    Round 4: Use recover and Dragonclaw on Lugia
    Round 5: Use Protect and thundbolt on Ho-Oh
    Round 6: Use recover and Psychic on Ho-Oh
    Round 7: Use thunderbolt and Psychic on Ho-Oh
    Victory

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back