• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    They're brother and sister right?

Anyways, they are affected by attract because of their gender, that's about it. They can't breed with anything.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • and brother/sister relationship = gross...

so they're just attract-able, not breedable... they would never introduce such not right idea into a game like this.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The one pointing down that is pink is female, and the blue arrow pointing northeast is male.

Spyke

Jiggalo
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2004
    it says go into the cave ov the rei trio on the legendary faq. but i cant get in why not?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • there is no way to make a Pokemon breed faster or hatch faster... it all depends on a random number generated so pure luck i'll say?

Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    frostweaver said:
    no... they are just a pair of very special legendary that can be affected by attract... that is all.. plus if you know the history of Latios and Latias then you'll certainly be sure that they CANNOT breed... or else it's rather a pure abomination

Just because they can't breed in the pokemon games doesn't mean they aren't able to breed in the show. Remember the Lugia named Silver? Can't say their breeding abilities are restricted because of the way they are formed; afterall Porygon can breed and it was suppose to be a virtual pokemon rather a "real" pokemon like Pikachu or Squirle. Can't say the restriction is because of being brother/sister since you are able to breed all kinds of brothers/sisters in the pokemon games once the breeding feature was put in.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    no... they are just a pair of very special legendary that can be affected by attract... that is all.. plus if you know the history of Latios and Latias then you'll certainly be sure that they CANNOT breed... or else it's rather a pure abomination
    It is pretty stupid to have them have a gender if the only thing its good for (in the Latios/Latias case) is for them to get attracted! x_X

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • invinible said:
    Just because they can't breed in the pokemon games doesn't mean they aren't able to breed in the show. Remember the Lugia named Silver? Can't say their breeding abilities are restricted because of the way they are formed; afterall Porygon can breed and it was suppose to be a virtual pokemon rather a "real" pokemon like Pikachu or Squirle. Can't say the restriction is because of being brother/sister since you are able to breed all kinds of brothers/sisters in the pokemon games once the breeding feature was put in.

first of all... this is posted in the pokemon gameboy forum so automatically all response are applied to the gameboy unless stated otherwise... yes legendary can breed in the show but not in gameboy...

Porygon cannot breed in or out of the show. Both inside the show and the game it's created, and does not rely on "breeding". (refer to Electric Soldier Porygon)

yes it's true that brothers and sisters can interbreed *pukes* within the gameboy... and if at all possible don't look at the "breeding system" that way because it certainly gross me out... maybe not to you but certainly to me. I never mix up the "family genes" together... but latios and latias are rather given a very human image upon them. And we humans do not like to apply "that" to our lives... (latias can transform into a human image afterall)

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • I just had a real wierd idea! what if you catch a Male and Female of some Pokemon and you breed them but they're really brother and sister!? that'd be creepy...

Years
  • I'm having a really hard time trying to beat the people at the Battle Tower. Can someone please post a team they recommend?

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • bna_li said:
    I'm having a really hard time trying to beat the people at the Battle Tower. Can someone please post a team they recommend?
    I have a good idea bna-li! you should go to Game Boy stradegies and movesets! im sure alot of people will give ya good teams! ^^

Years
  • I don't need them for the moment. I was trading and there was a link error and now the save file is deleted.. Thanks anyway.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    geez, that stinks Bna_li...well i dont really bother with battle tower myself...

nah... battle tower is still ingame and therefore not difficult (but definitely more difficult than normal ingame.) Unlike the GSC crazytower, they do not have max stats (in fact they got poor EV distribution, which is your key to winning Battle Tower with ease).

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • i have around 150 pokemon on ruby, and i know where to catch almost every one of them. what stumps me is WHERE DO YOU GET JIGGLYPUFF?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back