• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sinnoh Journey Journal v.2 - Share your travelling stories

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    When PC was down it gave me more time on Pearl and Combusken and Marshtop evolved and I defeated Fantina and Byron, and took down team galactic on the first two lakes.

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
    Yesterday I was in a chaining mood so yeah I went on the west of Celestial Town and started chaning, first chain was Swablu and it was stopped after 2. Next pokemon I was chaning was a Graveler I chained it to 5 and then I put down my DS Lid for abit [while in battle], went back on it and was defeating that graveler and then I continued chaining it and on my 7th chain a sparkle started to appear. It was a shiny Graveler.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    Well, today is my B-Day, and I have to say, today's been good to me!

Today's swarm was: SKITTY! Awkward, though... Yesterday I wished that I'd get a Skitty swarm for today o.O WIERD. Know, I'm working on Chaining them for a SHiny.

The first thing I caught was Purgugly, but I released it a minute later (only caught it so I'd have her data), so I can't really say I caught it.

I decided I'd catch the first thing NOT to die on me (like I did with New Year), it was Skitty so I caught it. I named her "BDAY 13" (yeah, same system as Ponyta).

The lotto, I wish was better, but oh well, I love getting Backdrops!

Ironic, I usually pick a Pokemon tat doesn't match the new BG, however, I picked Buneary and the new BG was a CANDY SHOP. Ironic. o.O

Oh, and it seems SOMEBODY acctually CARES! Yeah, Lucas wished me a happy B-day (I was like, "The game knows your B-Day? AWESOME!")

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
    Pokemon Diamond Journal

December 11, 2007

Grotle, Monferno, and Prinplup all looked ready to take on a gym challenge. So I headed on over to the Hearthome Gym where Fantina was waiting for me. She had been training with her ghost-type pokemon preparing for contests. But, she accepted my challenge. A 3-on-3 pokemon battle. I'm not going to go into much detail. I got wreaked. Prinplup barely managed to take down her Drifblim with repeated Bubblebeam attacks. Fantina's second pokemon was the problem: Mismagius. That's a new one to me. I scanned it with my pokedex, it's the evolved for of Misdreavus. Monferno went down with a single Psybeam, and Grotle didn't last much longer. So, it was back to some training for me.

December 24, 2007

Ah, Christmas Eve. Hearthome City had Amnity Square all decorated for the holidays. I left Grotle, Monferno, Prinplup, Gyarados, Mothim, and Vespiquen out of their pokeballs to enjoy Christmas with all the other pokemon trainers brought to the city. I, unfortunately, had to work Christmas Day, then spent most of the week with family and friends.

December 29, 2007

Back to training. I stored Gyarados, Mothim, and Vespiquen, and took Grotle, Monferno, and Prinplup out to prepare for a gym rematch.

December 31, 2007

Worked a very long and stressful day, didn't feel like going anywhere once I was done. Did some training with the trio, and Grotle evolved into a Torterra! The team seems ready for a rematch.

97. Torterra

January 2, 2008

Now with my new Torterra, time to pay Fantina another visit!

HEARTHOME GYM CHALLENGE: vs. FANTINA!

Fantina accepted my challenge for a rematch.

It was a 3 on 3 battle, no time limit, substitutions allowed. Up to 2 Hyper Potions may be used by each side during the battle. Hold items allowed.

First up was Fantina's Drifblim. Prinplup, maximize! Prinplup didn't do well last time, but it's become stronger, plus learned a few new tricks. But Drifblim attacked first with Astonish attack, causing Prinplup to flinch! Then, Drifblim let loose a Gust attack. Prinplup, strike back with Brine! The attack hit Drifblim, Fantina tried to have it dodge using Minimize, but Prinplup was able to land a second hit. Drifblim was tiring out, so Fantina used a Hyper Potion on Drifblim, allowing Prinplup to get a free attack in. Back at full strength, Drifblim let loose on Ominous Wind attack, and Prinplup tried to counter with Brine. They were almost equally matched, but then Drifblim broke off to use Astonish, making Prinplup flinch! Prinplup had very little energy left, so I used a Hyper Potion to restore its health. Fantina used the opportunity to have her Drifblim use Minimize to make it harder to hit, then it came right back at Prinplup with Astonish! But Prinplup shook it off this time, and landed one final Brine attack, knocking out Drifblim!

As I expected, Fantina sent out her Mismagius next. I'm ready for this, Prinplup return. Torterra, maximize! Mismagius started with a Psybeam attack, much like last time. Torterra was able to take it, and I had it use Leech Seed, which it just learned the other night. Leech Seed started to drain Mismagius's health. Mismagius attacked with Magical Leaf, that won't work against a grass-type, I thought, then I remembered, Torterra gains ground-type after evolving. Still, it hung in there after the hit. Bite attack, Torterra! It landed a super-effective hit, but Mismagius compensated by eating a Sitrus berry to restore health. One more time! As Torterra lunged toward it, Mismagius fired a Shadow Ball, landing a hard hit, but Torterra pushed through and knocked out Mismagius first! Torterra took a lot of damage, so I returned it to its pokeball.

Two down, one to go, what will it be?

"Oh Heavens, what is this?" smirked Fantina. "Is this my final pokemon? Gengar, performance time!"

Gengar. I remember how tough Morty's Gengar was back in Johto. I got introduced to a then-new attack called Shadow Ball, by my pokemon experiencing it first hand. I'm feeling some déjà vu. Monferno, maximize! "Gengar, Shadow Claw!" Wait, shadow what?? Déjà vu was right, that's a new one to me. Monferno recoiled from the strong attack. I had it respond with a Flame Wheel attack, which didn't do much damage, but, I got very lucky here, it left Gengar burned! For those that don't know, a burned pokemon has less attack power, and takes damage every round. Looks like this battle is over!

"Never give up, never surrender! Gengar, Confuse Ray!"

I spoke too soon. Monferno was powerless to dodge the Confuse Ray, and kept hurting itself in its confusion. Gengar capitalized on that and knocked out Monferno with a Poison Jab!

Torterra, maximize and finish this! I had it fire a Leech Seed at Gengar, which hit! Torterra stayed in the battle by absorbing Gengar's energy. Between the burn and the Leech Seed, Gengar eventually fell, despite a Hyper Potion treatment from Fantina.

I won a Relic Badge! My fifth Sinnoh badge. And, Monferno evolved into Infernape!

98. Infernape

On the way out of the gym, I ran into Cynthia. (Does she stalk me??) She thanked me for saving her grandmother and Celestic Town from team Galactic. She also said if I want to learn more about legendary pokemon in Sinnoh, there's a library in a place called Canalave City on the western coast of Sinnoh. And, there happens to be a gym there to. I thanked her, then raced to the Pokemon Center to give my team a well deserved rest.

January 3, 2008

New pokemon team: Haunter, Chimecho, Noctowl, Aipom, and Blissey

I traveled south from Hearthome City to Pastoria City, giving the team as much training as I could. I even rematched Crasher Wake. It was a much easier battle, Haunter's Shadow Ball took care of Gyarados, Chimecho's Last Resort finished off Floatzel, and Noctowl easier beat Quagsire after using Hypnosis.

January 9, 2008

I've headed west from Pastoria and have been training my pokemon around the resort area near the shore. We did some double battle training at the restaurant there. Noctowl and Aipom made a good combo: Noctowl put up a Reflect wall while Aipom used Swift against both opponents. And Aipom evolved! Looks like in the Sinnoh region, Aipom can evolve into a pokemon called Ambipom. Those twin tails aren't just for show, Ambipom can use a strong normal-type attack called Double Hit.

99. Ambipom

Years
    Wow, been a while since i posted here, but i have finished the game so i'm leaving it so it's worthwhile.
    Got Nat PKDX
    Caught:
    The 3 lake pokemon
    Rotom
    Cresselia
    Giratina
    Gloom
    Heatran
    The GTS cloning got much more reliable so i was able to stock up on masterballs for them.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I have 7 badges and I just caught Dialga on my first Dusk Ball + paralysis and low health lol. He seems to be Modest too. Lucky lucky~ I named him Domino though lol. I need to check his IVs.. He probably won't stay on my team. It rocks and they're around 44ish.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I am awaiting in snowpoint to see the "Daimond Dust"... and YES, that Psyduck was always there, so... that's nothing special, only the weather is.

Kirioroshi

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I planted Berries. I got Lazy and didn't water them, so in the end i only got 2 berries..

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2008
    Today i climbed to the top of the Spear Pillar and caught my first Legendary, a Docile Natured Dialga! :D

5had0w 1ug1a

Lugia owns
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2008
    once i was tryin to catch a pokemon near solceon town and i came up with shiny ponyta and caught it yay!

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Like Twighlight I have seven badges and got my Palkia. Had a slight tough time battling Cyrus so before I take on Volkner I want to get my team to level 50 each. There all 44 (Swampert >_>) to 46

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I beat the E4 pretty easily and my pokemon were from 53 to 57. Now I'm going to soft reset for a shiny Cresselia..

Back